Official Skyzoo The Salvation Thread

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Jay should have signed this dude as the first artist to RN...
For what? So the album can be botched and bastardized and eventually he gets shelved or dropped?

Indie labels (as in no name labels with no superstars backing them) have been letting artists produce the best music for the past 5 years now.
If that was the lane RN was driving on...I doubt Hov would have chosen J.Cole as the first artist on the label. I don't see his album being botched and bastardized...and more people know who he is than Skyzoo...just off the co-sign alone. I've heard more about his mixtape than Sky's album...and that's strictly off the fact that Cole has that co-sign.

Anyways...as for the album...classic.
Hey man it aint your fault you were late on J. Cole and had to wait for Ol Man Jigga to co sign him. Not even sure homey's album gonna drop (don't wanna jinx it). Lets wait and see what happens with the J. Cole situation.
ohwell.gif
Who said I was late on J.Cole?

I said people have taken interest in him and large portion of that reason is the co-sign. Are you SERIOUSLY going to sit up here and tell me that it doesn't?

I'm just simply saying...the co-sign would have been enough for a large amount of people to take notice in Sky...because right now they don't. RN ain't Def Jam...I don't think Jay is telling J.Cole that his first single is going to have to be a Swizz Beat track with Rihanna on the hook or he ain't coming out.
Yall don't know how Jay treats "his" artists?
laugh.gif

Like I said wait and see.

" Out run what you can...but where you run out from will always be your home base...untilyou looking back home with a stone face "

lotfleescity.gif

2ewhz7m.jpg

WOW.

I been playing this album 3 times a day since Sunday.

Best album I have heard in a long time.

Mad layers to each song.

I think Sky is the Best alive right now.

This the best album I heard since Stillmatic.

Finally wrapped my head around the concept and lyrics on each track.

1 song away from being a classic.

And the horns...
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. They bought the horns out finally. Took me back to Lifes a B_.

Production is flawless.

Joell is my second favorite young MC. Its really a toss up depending on what style of MC you like.

But the layered poetry that Sky drops is Illmaticesque. Joell can't make a Corner Store Classic or The Salvation but Sky can't destroy a uptempomixtape cut like Joe.

Ortiz is raw as hell and witty as Big + Pun but Sky is a great fresstyler also and a much deeper lyricist.

Its like Pun vs Nas.

I was too young to truly experience the Illmatic phenomenon when it dropped but I copped it 2 years later and its been my favorite album since then.

Ready to Die was the soundtrack to my teen years. Ran through at least 6 copies in between coming of age doing wild s_ in BK.

I probably listened to Reasonable Doubt more than any other album ever.

OB4CL is probably the most cinematic Hip-Hop album and still creates clear visuals in my mind when bumping it.....

Call me crazy but this is my new llmatic...The feeling and enjoyment I get from this album is comparable to those classics. Sky wasn't out of order for thereferences on "Return of the Real".

After the first couple of listens, I was like "Damn. This s_ is aight. Solid 8.5 type album" but the more I listen to it the more I am blown away.

Like he said on Penmanship "I write a lil different...its easier to get it if you tighten how you listen". Hes a "Born writer. For all of theborn writers"....Thats more than a hook, he really has a unique style that is a mix of the greats with his own brilliance. Son is an evolution of EastCoast lyricism.

It takes your ear a couple of listens to tune into what hes doing on each song but once you tighten your listening and pick up on his poetic style ...wow.

Shooters soundtrack may be the most lyrical song I have ever heard. The lowkey gun references, the Wire storyline allusions, the poetry and open ended rhymes:"Shoulder (holster) to blame....inspired to throw a hand in it and go with the grain (wood grain handles)"..."Hollows in the sky drown outheavens harmony" "They changing the locks (gun locks) baby, he seeing what he want (you can see that line multiple ways)"

The Soundtrack to it is as loud as you can see...the more you look the deeper it gets. Sky been saying that you would have to listen to this album over andover again to truly grasp what he was saying and he ain't lie. This s_ plays like a great American Novel...The Hood Great Gatsby or some s_.

I'm going to be enjoying this for a long time. Its close to a perfect album in my eyes.

For a 25 year old cat growing up in NYC hoods, in this generation...this album speaks to me in a way that only classics have before. Except this is moreupdated, personal and free of the over the top G'ed up exaggerations of 95 Hip-Hop.

Even the skit where he was talking to his shorty rings true. S_ sound just like my conversations with my girl.

Damn shame y'all _s sleeping so hard. This is a moment.

June 25, 96

April 19, 94

September 13, 94

August 1, 95

September 29, 09

All this love Joell gets is warranted but too much hype now. Hit me when his album drops. SH album aint do him no good. Can't live off mixtapes forever.

We in the next gear now, drop your album or shut up.

Skyzoo really took it to another level with this and the album is deep but yall know who I think is best alive:

6a010536846743970c0120a5a8dc5f970b-800wi

Im just starting to get into that Sha album properly but he definitely has some masterful joints on My Soul to Save. Next week imma give that disc its justdue.

Its just good to have albums that you can really dig into and devote time and thought to again. These cats are re-upping my energy and love for the artform.

I really can't believe how hard listeners are sleeping on the real though.

15 years ago these dudes would be all over magazine covers and the radio.

And Joell does need to step up and drop that definitive solo album.

Damn Haze Illmatic though? IDK
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I can def see how you caught that vibe though considering 9th and Cyrus the great
brought that heat.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Was never really a fan of guy until I seen he was signed under Duck Down
and heard "the beautiful decay" and "shooters soundtrack" on my friends ipod one day.

My fav song is Metal Hearts.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Not saying its Illmatic but the feeling that dudes mustve had in 94 when they heard some next level s_ come together perfectly...thats the vibe I get from hisalbum.

I was only 10 back then so I can't act like I was had my thumb of the pulse of Hip-Hop at the time...but this is me right here.

Illmatic is still the Holy Grail of Hip-Hop...even though its getting to the point where we have to fairly assess it against all the great work that has comebefore and since its release.

Album is amazing, Production top-notch...As Haze said the more I listen the more I'm hooked. Dude is easily the top young cat in the game right now, nocompetition.

Yo Master Zik/Buddha

School me on Sha.

What do I need to check out?

And stop ***!#!@$ on my guy Joell
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

YOOOOOOWWWWAAAAAAA

Back
Top Bottom