:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Discussion in 'Jordan Brand' started by blazers21ntnp, Nov 13, 2007.

1. blazers21ntnp

blazers21ntnp Moderator

I've noticed a few sneaker care/maintenance threads popping up in this forum as of late, since the official post was lost when theswitch to Yuku occurred. I did some searching and was able to find ijapino's great post, so here it is...
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With the success the last care/maintenance thread had, chernabog915 and I have decided to start a new page of cleaning tips.

Because so many questions get asked every day on how to clean and care for your kicks, we've decided to compile as much useful information as possible intoone giant post.

2. jordan novice

jordan novice

For the netting on the IV, oxy-clean, is there any certain type i should get?
    Also, with the front of the midsole beind kind of yellow on my cement IV, how would i turn it back to grey?
    Thanks

3. jcuk3tm0

jcuk3tm0

should i put the silica packs on the top of the paper so when you open the box you see it. i heard that this is the best way because it isn't taken themoisture from your shoes its just taken away the moisture from the air. is this right or should a put it next to the shoe under the paper in the box. hopesomeone has an answer[​IMG]

4. jordan novice

jordan novice

^Well, i'm not entirely sure about that silica packet thing
    but i do know that leaving the paper inside the box turns your shoes yellow
    So i think its better you take the paper out and leave the shoes in the box with the silica packet

5. jcuk3tm0

jcuk3tm0

i didn't think that the paper they put in the shoes today was acidic so there was anything to worry about. if i take the paper out should i put zip lockbags in the box to act like paper around the shoe. i won't put them in the bags put just use them as if it was the paper. anyone know?[​IMG]

6. never wear them

never wear them

WHAT CAN I DO. CAN I GLUE WITH A SPECIAL TYPE OF GLUE AND MELT IT TO ITS ORIGINAL PROPORTION?
    [​IMG]

7. mccj23

mccj23

How do you clean the 3M material on the Vs? Got some stain that won't come off with soap and water or sneaker cleaner.

8. njavier03

njavier03

is there any way i can un-yellow the patent leather on my og columbias? please pm me

9. mrchery

mrchery

i learned sometimes the eariser from footlocker or models or whereever work better than the cleaners and there are actually some stains that can be removed bythis

10. 23kidd

23kidd

the front of my black-red 14's (the suede part) is starting to fade a little...anything i can do to it to fix it?

11. cincybcats22

cincybcats22

Any suggestions for the midsoles of Infa VIs?

Black pair is chipping.

12. runningfishy

runningfishy

The thing IMO is silica will crack shoes if stored in an ENCLOSED environment. For example saran wrap w/ SILICA between orwithin it, will destroy your shoes. Silica in box is fine. A few bags are fine, but if you put 1,000 then you do risk drying the shoe, still yet, theenvironmental open air condition won't allow it as they'll proally take the moisture in the air out before your shoes.

I take out the paper because over time they bleed colors or deform and leach things out. They also attract silverfish(well the box too as well). I use ziplock and I switch them. I have no problems whatsoever. 5 years plus on some 3s and they are WHITE WHITE. My othershoes 5 + years I've taken out to wear and no problems.

The ziploc bag is against MANY MANY MANY debates. Take it for what it is. Wear them though [​IMG]

jcuk3tm0 wrote:

i didn't think that the paper they put in the shoes today was acidic so there was anything to worry about. if i take the paper out should i put zip lockbags in the box to act like paper around the shoe. i won't put them in the bags put just use them as if it was the paper. anyone know?[​IMG]

13. thegame2006

thegame2006

i was wondering if anyone has used that footlocker decreaser they sell in the stores and your opions on that???
    thanks[​IMG]

14. jodyjo

jodyjo

can someone explain to me the "sock trick",and if it really helps your shoes not to crease? Thanks!

15. droopy1006

droopy1006

No idea if it's been answered but is there any way to fix 3M on the back of the stealth 8's. They got scraped.

16. rky mdna

rky mdna

please help me:

my infrared VIs are a mess, there is a crack on the bottom of the inside and at the heels, the rubber is also peeling off a little bit.

oh

and the air bubbles are fogged and there is a white dust, what should i do ?

17. sideshow20

sideshow20

ok so is it safe to keep my Cool Greys XI's in the box with the lil packs in there?

18. hypedkicksdotcom

hypedkicksdotcom

for the suede on the XIV's just mix some water with baby oil, about 25% water/75% baby oil, then dab on with a soft towel. The water will eventuallyevaporate but helps not end up getting dark and light spots, so it will give you better result. Like with everything the more time and effort you put into itthe better the results.

19. hypedkicksdotcom

hypedkicksdotcom

No trick to it at all, just put some light tape that will stick but not peel off the jumpman when you decide to take it off. I'd suggest using amasking tape.

20. basketbll

basketbll

Anyone know how to clean off scuff stains off the Navy Blue toe box of the LeBron V's?