:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Stuff your shoes with shopping bags .. Over stuff them ...
Apply water every so often to keep the leather from burning up ..
Afreind from iss tought me hwo to do that .. It works great .. PatisbOy

there's ALOT of pages to look at if i were to look for this question and i'm sorry in advance.
eyes.gif

but the air bubbles (like on the 3s and 4s) have fogged up, is there anyway for it to clear up?

Originally Posted by jpena0306

there's ALOT of pages to look at if i were to look for this question and i'm sorry in advance.
eyes.gif

but the air bubbles (like on the 3s and 4s) have fogged up, is there anyway for it to clear up?
use a blow dryer..i hear that works...

i just copped some blk laser 4s and the grey midsole in the front is turning a bit green. i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? i know ppl useseaglow to make white midsoles white. i wonder if it would do the same.. any help is appreciated..

Originally Posted by freshdunks44

Originally Posted by luis og13s

sorry if this has been asked already but theres alot of pages lol

I have a pair of White/Black 13s and the black leather on the toe is kind of creased. Im not going to die if theres no way to reduce it, I mean I love the shoes to death but shoes are shoes and are meant to be worn, and will crease eventually. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to reduce the creases?

23sudtg.jpg

I heard from someone that using an Iron gets rid of creases, but Im scared to put an iron to my holy grails
eyes.gif

again sorry if this has been asked

hey man...whats up. I have these also and mine have some pretty good creases in em. In one of the restoration threads they teach you how to do this. I have done it before and it works well. The only catch is that after you do this and go back to wearing them, they will resort back to there original creases in about a week or so. Very much worth it though i would say...from experience. you can trust this technique

Follow these steps:
Wet the toe box and wet a cloth (suggest a teeshirt-towel is to thick). Water is very important in ironing shoes. Not only will it prevent your leather from burning but it will also allow the leather to become more flexible. It softens the leather and makes it easier for the leather to be shaped.
Iron the toe box. Again make sure Iron is on maximum heat and steam function. If no steam function is available then maximum heat will do. I use the steam to again add moisture while ironing. Be sure to constantly wet the cloth and toe box while ironing. Apply as much pressure on the iron as evenly as possible to push out the creases. Warning: If you iron too hard in one place the toe box may become misshaped. However, apply excess pressure to the other side and you'll be fine.

i stuff my 13's with socks and it works

stuffing will help make the shoes 'look' like they dont have creases but it does nothing once you put them back on to where. ^^^

For creasing I usually use those gel heel pads. I put it in the toe of the shoe under the sockliner. It won't get rid of the creasing but the creasingwill look minmal when you wear them...

Originally Posted by andyMR3

Originally Posted by jpena0306

eyes.gif

use a blow dryer..i hear that works...

i just copped some blk laser 4s and the grey midsole in the front is turning a bit green. i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? i know ppl use seaglow to make white midsoles white. i wonder if it would do the same.. any help is appreciated..

can anyone confirm this?

How do you lace Xii's so that you can visably see the "Two 3"

Where do you put the lace locks on V's and how do you lace them after

Originally Posted by bradlasseigne

Got a drop of oil like pasta sauce on my red dmp vs what do I do? Will a suede brush work?
did you already get the stain out? if not, use suede/nubuck spray cleaner on it first and then do a touch-up with the suede brush. if the stain isstill kind of there, you might want to consider using a suede/nubuck eraser.

Originally Posted by AirDrama23

How do you lace Xii's so that you can visably see the "Two 3"

Where do you put the lace locks on V's and how do you lace them after
dig in the jordan thread. there was a topic about this and you'll find a guide on how to "hop-scotch" lace them to make the two 3visible. as far as the lace locks on the v's, i put my pair on the top of the shoes right underneath the jumpman logo on the tongue. everyone is different.just experiment to see what looks best to you.

Originally Posted by freshdunks44

Originally Posted by luis og13s

sorry if this has been asked already but theres alot of pages lol

I have a pair of White/Black 13s and the black leather on the toe is kind of creased. Im not going to die if theres no way to reduce it, I mean I love the shoes to death but shoes are shoes and are meant to be worn, and will crease eventually. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to reduce the creases?

23sudtg.jpg

I heard from someone that using an Iron gets rid of creases, but Im scared to put an iron to my holy grails
eyes.gif

again sorry if this has been asked

hey man...whats up. I have these also and mine have some pretty good creases in em. In one of the restoration threads they teach you how to do this. I have done it before and it works well. The only catch is that after you do this and go back to wearing them, they will resort back to there original creases in about a week or so. Very much worth it though i would say...from experience. you can trust this technique

Follow these steps:
Wet the toe box and wet a cloth (suggest a teeshirt-towel is to thick). Water is very important in ironing shoes. Not only will it prevent your leather from burning but it will also allow the leather to become more flexible. It softens the leather and makes it easier for the leather to be shaped.
Iron the toe box. Again make sure Iron is on maximum heat and steam function. If no steam function is available then maximum heat will do. I use the steam to again add moisture while ironing. Be sure to constantly wet the cloth and toe box while ironing. Apply as much pressure on the iron as evenly as possible to push out the creases. Warning: If you iron too hard in one place the toe box may become misshaped. However, apply excess pressure to the other side and you'll be fine.

thanks for the replys! while im wearing them, the crease on the left shoe is very minimal but the right shoe has deeper creases. My brother doesnt have aniron but he has a steamer, just out of curiosity, would that work too? has anyone tried that before? (using a steamer)

thanks again man!
smokin.gif

how to fix the grey midsole on blk laser 4s from turning green? sea glow? anybody have this problem??

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by bradlasseigne

Got a drop of oil like pasta sauce on my red dmp vs what do I do? Will a suede brush work?
did you already get the stain out? if not, use suede/nubuck spray cleaner on it first and then do a touch-up with the suede brush. if the stain is still kind of there, you might want to consider using a suede/nubuck eraser.

didnt work i tried both and im becoming hopeless

I just finished this paint job, 95% done. Just need to clean up the edges but removing some paint.

I am posting the before and after here, but if you want more details look in the restore post

BEFORE
e192537e3237f6fdca21c35d90ad0e2ac4c2ae3.jpg
e203514bea703be76720ca0e14965cd7d92d8e4.jpg

AFTER

015155e13468c0167d3a5927d94cad183c5c402.jpg
ddb25a5eff38c6fdc5918539d153c425d0bb2b3.jpg

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

I just finished this paint job, 95% done. Just need to clean up the edges but removing some paint.

I am posting the before and after here, but if you want more details look in the restore post

BEFORE
e192537e3237f6fdca21c35d90ad0e2ac4c2ae3.jpg
e203514bea703be76720ca0e14965cd7d92d8e4.jpg
What kind of paint did you use and what's the exact color? And how is it holdin up? Hey man what kind of paint and exact color is that? Also how is it holding up?

AFTER

015155e13468c0167d3a5927d94cad183c5c402.jpg
ddb25a5eff38c6fdc5918539d153c425d0bb2b3.jpg

HEY MAN WHAT BRAND PAINT IS THAT? WHTS THE SPECIFIC COLOR? AND IS IT HOLDING UP GOOD I NEED TOUCH UPS ON MINE AND IF YOU COULD SEND ME SOME BETTER PICS I WOULDAPPRECIATE IT THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom