Official Sonic the Hedgehog(Headchog) Thread - Knuckles Series OTW!!

I was willing to give this the benefit of the doubt because Detective Pikachu is just as outlandish a concept but this just looks corny and bad

**** really is sad man

I'm a die hard Sonic dude too but I can't support this in any way, shape or form

HOOOOWWWWWW do you mess up such a classic design??

WHHHYYYYY did they think changing it would be a good idea???

And Gangsta's Paradise? Jesus Christ man

I was holding out hope with all the leaks that said the design wasn't final but its just as bad as I could've thought

I think Jim Carrey's performance is good but the thing is that he's just doing his regular 90s shtick. He's not even trying to portray Eggman

And since when does Eggman work for the ****ING government??!!

Srap the whole thing please

giphy.gif

And then Coolio started playing....

giphy.gif

I was willing to give this the benefit of the doubt because Detective Pikachu is just as outlandish a concept but this just looks corny and bad
Sums up my thoughts.

I'm going to see this, just because it'll be so unintentionally ****ing hilarious, but not going into this like I will with Detective Pikachu with expectations.

This looks terrible.:lol::sick:

Weight conscious Dr. Robotnik.:rofl:

I really have no issue with Sonic's design btw

It's a ****ing bipedal blue hedgehog. Newsflash: it's going to look dumb on screen no matter what.

Anyone ever notice that Sonic's game design has literally one eyeball but two irises?

No, really. There's NOTHING SEPARATING SONIC'S LEFT AND RIGHT EYE. He has one giant eye.

Sonic the Hedgehog is a dumb stupid concept just like Pokemon. The issue lies in execution.

Detective Pikachu just works because you can feel the tounge-in cheek passion behind it. It's a damn live action Pokemon movie taking place in what appears to be the real world.

This just feels like a soulless corny cash grab.

Nah I say they could’ve easily translated Sonic’s in game design to the big screen

I’d rather have an off putting accurate design than have what we got

Even if it didn’t translate as well, if it was accurate at the very least there would be zero complaining if you were a Sonic fan

This is just the result of Sega giving it’s property to Paramount with 100% creative control and no one from Sega to oversee production

The Mario Movie coming out next year is a good example, it’s being made by Illumination and Nintendo is said to be heavily involved in the production so as not to have a movie studio present Mario in any other way than what Nintendo says is right

Even the creator of Sonic himself came out and bashed the design

This whole thing is a big wash

b70.jpg

Yea, I was trying to give it a chance but...naw. Vintage Jim Carey might be the only draw to this movie. Maybe...

Lol forgot Super Mario's Brothers.

They need redemption, can easily make a solid movie with CGI now

Never mind Super Mario Brothers coming out 2022. Just looked it up

The problem is the dialogue and Sonic's voice actor. They're both terrible

Honestly I would have loved for Ryan Reynolds to voice Sonic as well LOL

The difference between the Mario movie and this is that, in hindsight the Mario movie is so bad that it’s good

This is going to be just straight up awful

The difference between the Mario movie and this is that, in hindsight the Mario movie is so bad that it’s good

This is going to be just straight up awful
Semi agree. Movie was terrible even when I was 5 which is saying a lot. At least at the time there was a sort of innocence to movie making. Today theres absolutely no excuse

Back
Top Bottom