Official Sonic the Hedgehog(Headchog) Thread - Knuckles Series OTW!!

I feel like in about 5-10 years Disney gonna get their hands on this and do it again. It looks like we all wanted to see this happen, but the studio had to put their hands in it for faux it up. That's why I hope Aladdin is a box office smash.

We didn't ask for a Sonic movie now in 2019. We ain't going ask for it in 5-10 years from now :lol: .

Oh I aint say when. :lol: At some point...we all wanted to see this happen.

giphy.gif

I've watched this Sonic trailer at least 25 times I'm excited for this now and idk why

I like the look with the fangs. I still despise the fact that there is nothing separating his right and left eyes. That just doesn't translate to a movie taking place in the "real world" where Sonic is supposed to be a "real" creature.

Throw some fur in between those eyes and it would look totally fine.

Sonic's entire aesthetic is exaggerated and stylized. He was designed for a 16-bit 2d console game. He's an homage to 1920s style cartoon animals

They should have gone for a heavily-stylized CGI movie, like Peanuts or Spider-Verse, if they were going to do any movie at all. Something that draws heavily from the original cartoony style.

tumblr_l6qa0vgC8y1qctq9do1_500.jpg

tumblr_pm205amPGU1ueapts_1280.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:
A fully animated CGI Sonic movie would 110% work and pull numbers

THIS is what the Sonic movie should’ve been (Just stretched to an hour & thirty minutes)

that too, they make all CGI joints all day long. but detective Pikachu lookin like its gonna be betta than da OG cartoon movies.

I like the look with the fangs. I still despise the fact that there is nothing separating his right and left eyes. That just doesn't translate to a movie taking place in the "real world" where Sonic is supposed to be a "real" creature.

Throw some fur in between those eyes and it would look totally fine.

Sonic's entire aesthetic is exaggerated and stylized. He was designed for a 16-bit 2d console game. He's an homage to 1920s style cartoon animals

They should have gone for a heavily-stylized CGI movie, like Peanuts or Spider-Verse, if they were going to do any movie at all. Something that draws heavily from the original cartoony style.

tumblr_l6qa0vgC8y1qctq9do1_500.jpg

tumblr_pm205amPGU1ueapts_1280.jpg

original.jpg
Idk man, this feels like it's over complicating a situation with attempting to capture "realism" when nobody is asking or looking for it.

And at the end of the day the attempts to make him more realistic for the real world doesn't even accomplish that. There's little need for it in this genre imo

man this whole project saddens me.

why couldn't they just use a song from the latest Sonic Mania to do a trailer?

as many of us already said that design, SMH. im really conflicted. I hope people around the producers get it right or just scrap the whole thing

Back
Top Bottom