Official Spartacus: Vengence thread - Epic Season Finale

This episode was so good. I literally jumped off my couch and said Oh sh..... when he sliced dudes face off. the random fighting in between was awesome. Especially when doctore got pissed and straight Karate chopped dudes.

Couple of random point.
- Dudes did not give a damn about raping #@*%*% back then. Went up to shorty like "you love Crixus" and straight bent her over. Hell Ashur just bent over his old master and gave her the business.
- Once i found out hat the show is being renewed, it kinda threw off the luster of it. I mean it basically says spartacus wont die so there is less real drama. We shall see
-I got straight goosebumps when the dudes pledged allegiance to spartacus. We all know Ganicus kept ilythia but I wonder how it'll come back.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

This episode was so good. I literally jumped off my couch and said Oh sh..... when he sliced dudes face off. the random fighting in between was awesome. Especially when doctore got pissed and straight Karate chopped dudes.

Couple of random point.
- Dudes did not give a damn about raping #@*%*% back then. Went up to shorty like "you love Crixus" and straight bent her over. Hell Ashur just bent over his old master and gave her the business.
- Once i found out hat the show is being renewed, it kinda threw off the luster of it. I mean it basically says spartacus wont die so there is less real drama. We shall see
-I got straight goosebumps when the dudes pledged allegiance to spartacus. We all know Ganicus kept ilythia but I wonder how it'll come back.
Spartacus was never going to die.  Trust me, they are still in the "uprising" part, and there is still an entire war to go through.  That is if they follow the historical events that actually happened without changing anything for theatrical purposes.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

Couple of random point.
Spartacus was never going to die.  Trust me, they are still in the "uprising" part, and there is still an entire war to go through.  That is if they follow the historical events that actually happened without changing anything for theatrical purposes.

I figured that's what was going to happen. Dude is gonna live forever and the parts around him will chance

On another note, glad to see the young broad naked. Been waiting all season for that. her body was ready.

Couple of random point.

I figured that's what was going to happen. Dude is gonna live forever and the parts around him will chance

On another note, glad to see the young broad naked. Been waiting all season for that. her body was ready.

i woke up this morning ... first thing i put on was spartacus before i left for work ... the shock on everyone's faces when spartacus took at sedullus ...
eek.gif

i can't wait to see glaber's army and ashur's recruits vs. spartacus and his men

Couple of random point.

Oh yeah...I was totally waiting for that.  Soon as she walked into the room where Glaber was sleeping I was like "yesssss...."

From Yahoo....

"All hail Caesar!

Todd Lasance has been cast as the infamous ruler of Rome on Starz's Spartacus, the network announced Tuesday.

In the third season of the series, a younger Gaius Julius Caesar will rise through the ranks to become the all-powerful ruler. His deadly intelligence and skill with a sword will be used in the fight against the rebellion.

Lasance, an Australian actor best-known for his role in Crownies, joins a long line of actors who have portrayed Caesar; most recently, Christopher Plummer and Ciaran Hinds.

Also joining the cast in Season 3 is Simon Merrells (The Wolfman), who will play Marcus Crassus. The richest man in the Roman Republic, Marcus is envied and despised by the highborn among the senate. He craves the power and respect that defeating Spartacus (Liam McIntyre) and his rebel army would bring."

So we will be getting a young Julius Ceaser next season. Also it will be interesting to see how the Romans react to Marcus Crassus. Apperantly, they all hate him, but he is too rich and powerful for any of them to do anything about it.

I still haven't warmed up to the new Spartacus yet. He's just a weaker version of Andy Whitfield and he doesn't have as much conviction in his lines. Season has been entertaining, but still a disappointment compared to Gods of the Arena and Blood and Sand.

Originally Posted by dustblaaze

I still haven't warmed up to the new Spartacus yet. He's just a weaker version of Andy Whitfield and he doesn't have as much conviction in his lines. Season has been entertaining, but still a disappointment compared to Gods of the Arena and Blood and Sand.

Are you serious? I think that's what he does best. He's no Andy Whitfield, but the conviction in his lines are nothing to complain about. Andy was a better Spartacus overall, but I don't get the hate the new guy gets. I guess it takes some people longer to warm up to new actors.

If it was Andy Whitfield who cut my mans face off and gave that speech.  I would have stood up in my living room and started beating my chest. 

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Are you serious? I think that's what he does best. He's no Andy Whitfield, but the conviction in his lines are nothing to complain about. Andy was a better Spartacus overall, but I don't get the hate the new guy gets. I guess it takes some people longer to warm up to new actors.
I don't hate the new guy.

But I got to agree with Dust. The new guy comes off lacking conviction. He has an overall weaker stage presence in both battle and voice. I think he has gotten much better in his role as Spartacus since the beginning of the season.

Lets be honest though, the new dude was gonna get hate no matter how good/bad he was. Andy was THAT good, though he started off unconvincing as well. I definitely agree about the conviction in his delivery is very weak still, hopefully he can fix that and add more emotion and rawness to his voice.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

I don't hate the new guy.

But I got to agree with Dust. The new guy comes off lacking conviction. He has an overall weaker stage presence in both battle and voice. I think he has gotten much better in his role as Spartacus since the beginning of the season.
It seems like the new guy got the role based off of his resemblance to Andy.  He's doing an okay job, but his tone and presence feel very forced.  Andy just had a presence on screen that made him very believable as a leader and warrior.  Compare the speech of Andy leading the gladiators out of the house of Batiatus' to any kind of leader speech that the new guy has done, it's like seeing Steve Kerr come off the bench for MJ.  The chemistry between the new guy and Crixus isn't there either, can you imagine the new guy slaying Theocles? I can't either. I also feel they had to bring in Gannicus cause the new guy isn't alpha enough to carry the show like Andy would have.

But it's not entirely his fault, the writing has been weaker this season compared to the previous two.  The loss of Batiatus' is almost as big as losing Andy IMO.  He just brought a dimension to the show, that noone has matched, hopefully Caesar does it next season.  Glaber plays an okay lead villain, but Ashur is doing all the carrying.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

If it was Andy Whitfield who cut my mans face off and gave that speech.  I would have stood up in my living room and started beating my chest. 

pimp.gif
smokin.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

RIP to andy though 
tired.gif

The new guy is doing ok. If he was there from the beginning, there wouldn't be any problem. It's just that Andy set such a high standard, that this guy will not get the same amount of love. I have no problem with him being there, I've got used to him after maybe the 4th episode.

This season has been good, but like it was said earlier, not as good as the first 2.

good ep
Glaber is willing to put EVERYTHING on the line to kill Spartacus
pimp.gif

i really wanna see a 1vs 1 with these two... fighting to the death, hatred vs hatred. haven't seen this type of feud in a while on tv
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

good ep
Glaber is willing to put EVERYTHING on the line to kill Spartacus
pimp.gif

i really wanna see a 1vs 1 with these two... fighting to the death, hatred vs hatred. haven't seen this type of feud in a while on tv
devil.gif

Dude Spartacus would destroy Glaber.  It wouldn't even be close.

I see Sparatcus' reasoning behind not killing Illythea, but damn, Gannicus risked his life/freedom to get her. I wonder what is going to happen to her.  I'm pretty confident we have not seen the last of Illythea.   Also now that Seppia knows that Glaber was behind her brother being killed, I wonder what is up with her, you see her face at the end of the episode? Wrath....

I knew the baby was Spartacus'. You see Glaber when Spartacus told him that he will see his face in the baby's face...lol.

Crixus looked mad weak against the Egyptian dude when they fought. Gannicus was tearing %!$ up as usual, and Spartacus was holding his own. Ashur is a little punk, he will get his by season's end...I bet.

30t6p3b.gif
at Spartacus treating his girl like she is a nobody.

Yo that Egyptian dude is bawse. Them arrows aint even faze him. smh. No wonder they left that dude at the bottom of a well. lol

Glaber would straight get murked by Spartacus. Cant wait

That look on Glaber's eyes when he said he'll see the refection of his child in his face was priceless.

The young broad is gonna end up doing some crazyness when it is all said and done. she is pissed at Asher. He's still a punk.

Cant wait till next episode.

Back
Top Bottom