OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I don't know if AAPL has been disappointing, or if my perspective has been ruined by runners like NVDA. My appl bag is 5x bigger than my nvda bag, and I've been carrying aapl in my port for far longer than nvda, yet as of this morning, my nvda returns for a few months have eclipsed my aapl returns for the year.

All I know is that Cook and company better be cooking up next year or I just might start trimming.

Apple is always going to see much slower growth with their huge market cap

Feels bad bro. Had PTON at 92, now im just gonna move it if in the coming months it ever gets back to that price. Tsla/sq been solid and are carrying me

Roku smh

Feels bad bro. Had PTON at 92, now im just gonna move it if in the coming months it ever gets back to that price. Tsla/sq been solid and are carrying me

Roku smh
This is an overblown selloff. A terrible earnings report to be sure, but PTON is still the brand name and they're still expanding and growing. Tbh not sure I'd add anymore here if I could, but maybe a good entry for people that have been on the fence.

Holiday season + lower price equipment + improved supply chain times... I think their next earnings will be a big win. Just because gyms are reopening doesn't mean people will flock back. Shoot, how many people were going to the gym pre-COVID anymore?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on averaging up? I didn’t buy enough of a particular stock a few years back and like so many others, it’s a slow runner upwards. I’m sitting okay at 55% gains from my overall 4-5 year average.
I guess for most, it’s always an average up.
I just wonder if 90 shares at $300 is better than 95 shares at $305 but you’ve lost much of your avg. cost.

Another example. Is $105 average for 87 shares of a $160-$220 stock better than a $115 average for 93 shares of that same stock? Every quarter, that average may build upwards much higher. It’s hard to tell how it’ll run. Maybe just buy and average up or down? I’m super long on these shares. 5-10 years out. A part of me says stop investing and let the lower average reign supreme

Chasing a stock up > adding to a stock going down

I really recommend learning defi and yield farming. Bear market strategies are the key to surviving. They’re going to destroy this market in February again.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on averaging up? I didn’t buy enough of a particular stock a few years back and like so many others, it’s a slow runner upwards. I’m sitting okay at 55% gains from my overall 4-5 year average.
I just wonder if 90 shares at $300 is better than 95 shares at $305 but you’ve lost much of your avg. cost.

Another example. Is $105 average for 87 shares of a $160-$220 stock better than a $115 average for 93 shares of that same stock? Every quarter, that average may build upwards much higher. It’s hard to tell how it’ll run. Maybe just buy and average up or down? I’m super long on these shares. 5-10 years out. A part of me says stop investing and let the lower average reign supreme

:rofl:I'm sorry, but this is hilarious. You're completely overthinking this. "you've lost much of your average cost" because it went from $300 to $305? :rofl:

If you have money to deploy, put it in a company you have confidence in.

To not invest in a company that you are confident in because it's going to raise your average cost by 1% or 10% makes no sense at all.

Holy ****, the stock market is in trouble.

Damnit lol roku was a winner at one point. Gonna sell everything and go full crypto/defi

I’m confused… why are you so caught up on avg cost?? What matters to me is what the future holds..
if you have conviction on $XYZ and you were in very early, you’d decide to not add because it would increase your avg cost? Lol. I just care about the future

Standard AMZN consolidation... always runs flat for a long while, then, BANG. I've got a bunch in my Roth as well. Love it.

Nah average cost is important. Especially averaging down to lower your cost.

You don’t want to be waiting years for a stock to reach its ATH again because you might’ve made a mistake thinking stonks only go up. Its the only way to make your money back and more, much quicker, if the stock just had a down year or is a laggard for the time being.

$lyv as reopening play? chart looks insane

I bought LYV for 2 reasons:

1) The Weeknd cancelled his tour and will start a new stadium tour in 2022 (more seats, more $$). My tickets got cancelled/refunded. I'm salty about holding these tickets for 2 years (through COVID) and wanted to "hedge" with buying LYV stock. Concerts/festivals are back in full swing.
2) Although LYV uses shady tactics (e.g. crazy fees), it's an oligopoly in the concert/live entertainment space (ahead of SeatGeek, AXS, Eventbrite, etc).

I bought LYV for 2 reasons:

1) The Weeknd cancelled his tour and will start a new stadium tour in 2022 (more seats, more $$). My tickets got cancelled/refunded. I'm salty about holding these tickets for 2 years (through COVID) and wanted to "hedge" with buying LYV stock. Concerts/festivals are back in full swing.
2) Although LYV uses shady tactics (e.g. crazy fees), it's an oligopoly in the concert/live entertainment space (ahead of SeatGeek, AXS, Eventbrite, etc).

Any chance they will be impacted short term by the Travis concert?

Nah average cost is important. Especially averaging down to lower your cost.

You don’t want to be waiting years for a stock to reach its ATH again because you might’ve made a mistake thinking stonks only go up. Its the only way to make your money back and more, much quicker, if the stock just had a down year or is a laggard for the time being.

Average cost matters, sure. But in the context he described it in? Not at all.

Let's say you have 1000 shares of Snapchat and your average cost is $45 because you bought it a while ago. You've seen it go to $75. Would you think it's a bad Idea to add 200 more shares at $52 right now because it's going to raise your average cost to $46?

Yea in little incremental buys like that it doesn’t make a huge difference. Unless it’s a straight winner. Every share counts.

Guess he’ll sell

6A2EA5AE-30AD-45FD-9333-8E075CCB163C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom