OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

There’s really nothing to short selling you need a margin account to do so. I don’t recommend short selling if you’re inexperienced and don’t use stops. You have unlimited risk short selling and getting your short called in when you’re bagholding and having it go wrong for you will blow up your portfolio. You should only be selling short during the day with a stop and maybe taking a small piece overnight after you’ve locked in profits. If you want to play a long term short with less risk, use put options or spreads since you have a defined risk and can’t lose more than you want.

Smh I should have hopped on IGC Friday like I started too. Shot up from 75 cents to $1.19 at the moment.
Just grabbed 8 shares this morning at $1.05.

Smh I should have hopped on IGC Friday like I started too. Shot up from 75 cents to $1.19 at the moment.
Just grabbed 8 shares this morning at $1.05.

See I don’t even look back after the sale is made
Taking it off my watchlist and everything so I won’t get any notifications period just secure the profits I got and dip
I know some cats waste a day trade doing that having the fear of missing out and it doesn’t work out

Two of my stocks are climbing back up hopefully I will finally make a return off of them both this week (fingers crossed ) been holding that bag for about a month new pre market play in motion for the morning

Not bad IGC. Wonder if it can get into the $5 area.
A786558E-8674-4381-90A9-A2D0334FDACF.jpeg

I would have definitely jumped on DSW for my pre market play this morning but I didn’t have any Etta cash available to buy shares they went up 20% an was up at least 26% early this morning
But after what happened with LB I tried to stay away from retail earnings especially considering I was using my money from my capital gains
So I took a precaution on it and missed out no biggie

bought a put option on SPY, set to expire 9/21. first time playing options, lets see how this goes..

Funny how Tilray missed their earnings call by a lot but still shot up. Panic sold my shares because all weed stocks were in the red.

Put all of that profit into Aurora Cannabis since it just made its way to Robinhood today.

Funny how Tilray missed their earnings call by a lot but still shot up. Panic sold my shares because all weed stocks were in the red.

Most earning call are available to listen to and I suggest you do that if that’s your strategy there is no telling what new ideas were presented in that call something like a dividend announcement would have investors interested or even the introduction of something new that would improve the next quarter he’ll even a resignation of someone that investors fell arent doing their job could drive the price up in those calls

These weed stocks are fun to watch. Keep thinking about “what if” I bought a few thousand shares of IGC on the dip yesterday. Already up nearly 50% PM.

However, I learned my lesson from the Chinese meme stocks. I’m not riding this hype train.

These weed stocks are fun to watch. Keep thinking about “what if” I bought a few thousand shares of IGC on the dip yesterday. Already up nearly 50% PM.

However, I learned my lesson from the Chinese meme stocks. I’m not riding this hype train.

High Times is going public and is having an investor webinar today at 10 AM PST.

The weed stocks are very interesting to me as well. I’m the owner of an extraction company in DC and consult on extraction laboratory setups in NY and MD as well. I also grow a lot of weed personally.

A lot of tech companies are trying to reinvent the wheel and apply technology into the cannabis industry and I’m not buying the value they propose. There’s a lot of people with big ideas they think they can just apply to cannabis because they think money, but the industry is nothing without the growers/extractors.

I am more inclined to invest in smaller companies confined to one state for the short term. I actually pulled 1/3 of my total investments out of my TSP last May when I resigned from my job with the federal government. Put probably $80k of my own money into my company but we have never taken a loss on a month and I got it all back plus more. We’ll have been in business for a year in November.

I definitely see a lot of potential in some of the big companies once weed becomes legal federally. However, I think that is quite some time away.

I don’t have any money invested in weed stocks and I’m hesitant to invest in High Times stock. A lot of pumping and dumping going on in weed stocks and if they are advertising for investors you have to be extra careful.

The industrial hemp industry will be the first to have explosive growth across the nation and the world. IMO, better to invest in industrial hemp now over medical marijuana. And I believe industrial hemp industry will be indicative of the path medical marijuana will follow.

For those that don’t know, industrial hemp is identical to cannabis sativa in looks and growth. It is just bred to have high CBD content and little to no THC (the psychoactive ingredient). If a crop has more than .03% THC it is not considered industrial hemp and is illegal. Skilled extraction artists can use fractional distillation to remove any trace of THC and create a CBD isolate which can be used in a number of products, which can then be sold legally across the world. And that is just what is happening right now.

Schumer in NY is a big advocate for the industrial hemp industry and has allowed 100 licenses to farmers to grow as much as they want. This is the first year of the program, I’ve visited a lot of farms in NY and it’s very exciting times.

I'm in on 2 stocks on robinhood. Tilray and AMD. My friend is cannabis scientist and worked briefly with tilray, said they're the real deal. Wish I got in more on Tilray instead of AMD though. IN at AMD 16$, TLRY at 30$

Attachments

• 71FCABC6-2C7F-4C25-A76E-7947C2FBF3B5.png
    71FCABC6-2C7F-4C25-A76E-7947C2FBF3B5.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 15
  • A81B022C-C5C8-442E-ADE9-E53AEF67DCB4.png
    A81B022C-C5C8-442E-ADE9-E53AEF67DCB4.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 13
I'm in on 2 stocks on robinhood. Tilray and AMD. My friend is cannabis scientist and worked briefly with tilray, said they're the real deal. Wish I got in more on Tilray instead of AMD though. IN at AMD 16$, TLRY at 30$

a gain is a gain, you'll cause more stress to yourself with the shoulda coulda woulda talk. we've all been there. plenty of other opportunities

6783E58F-7345-415F-9D6F-6AD09C2D5E69.png

I been holding to this bag since July I definitely don’t want to hold it until Oct I just need it to go up a little bit more to turn a profit I originally bought 11 shares for $12 a piece and was adding more in during it’s down time I already written down the original equity in my notes so when I make a gain off of it I’ll take the OG equity and buy something else and take the other equity and spread it even within the others that I have

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/correction-coming-advanced-micro-devices-154357810.html

Heads up to you AMD boys they say a correction is on its way

Red all across the board
The market won’t let me win on Thursday at all:lol::rofl::rofl:

Deposited some money in to make something g shake later

Staying away from reatail stocks they taking hits out here except for what I passed on

I knew I should have picked up GUESS
But wasn’t able to lock in my order before 3 and they don’t allow after market moves

Y’all keep purgressing out here fellas

Back
Top Bottom