OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

No industry bailouts is huge. If that holds Monday should be right back to red.

This is what I've been trying to say.... this is all unprecedented.

The FED is powerless to stop this. The coming cascade of bankruptcies, defaults, and unemployment will be enormous.

Capitalism died in 2008. TBTF in full effect. Bailouts will "solve" everything.

Shale drillers see Jones Act waiver as helping ease oil price pain

Screenshot_20200314-110314_Chrome.jpg

*highly inaccurate..BUT FUN TO WATCH!

Weekend Index has actually been pretty accurate as of late.

Past 3 weekends to my memory have all been the same: A "strong" close on Friday to trap all the greedy bulls then a massive gap and crash Sunday evening into Monday. Looks like we are set for *another* limit down Monday. These sharp fake rallies and severe reversals are the hallmarks of a bear market.

Smart money is shorting all pops or simply waiting to buy shares for pennies on the dollar as the desperate trapped longs dump in real capitulation and forced liquidation (we are no where close to that IMO). Still way too much hope and optimism. We need to see depression, despondency, hatred for the market, total loss of hope just like 2009 before we bottom, probably much worse this time around due to how insane this bubble was compared to anything ever seen before.

Look at all these bubble stocks still trading at nosebleed valuations: TSLA, SHOP, etc. Apple still at 250+ MSFT still at 150+ etc. No way the longest most inflated bull market in history ends like this.

Last edited:
What do you guys follow to get news from?
Like when it hit the first breaker on Monday. My *** was knocked out :lol:

I think that most of us on this thread are Way Above +20% this Q alone :lol:
*His comp hovers around $1.5B - $2Billion per yr

I think that most of us on this thread are Way Above +20% this Q alone :lol:
*His comp hovers around $1.5B - $2Billion per yr

His “cash is trash” will go down as one of the worst calls in history.

I wonder how renaissance technologies is doing. My friends are begging me to manage their money for them, I jokingly said I want my 2/20% but I might raise that to 4/40% if I’m outperforming Simmons.

Back
Top Bottom