OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

If you’re investing it’s not as bad since you likely won’t need to exit the position in a pinch but like in March RH was constantly down so there’s that. I’d just keep it there and continue hodl’ing but any new purchases I’d make in a new account. It’s important to have multiple accounts anyway.

reason for this?
You are insured up to a maximum $ if your bank goes under? I'm assuming its the same in the states.

reason for this?
You are insured up to a maximum $ if your bank goes under? I'm assuming its the same in the states.
There are certain equities that are not allowed on certain accounts for whatever reason.

A month ago I was trying to Purchase JETS on one and it wouldn't allow me due to risk. Quickly switched to my other app and it went through no problems.

Last edited:
Grabbed back the starter position I had in twlo pre market at 212.5. Looking to let that run hopefully all week. Haven’t added back some DDOG well see. That one’s gapped too much premarket and I rather wait.

Really wish I had more SE.

^ I live in one of those states and we didn’t “reopen” until May 15th, so I’m not sure what they’re using for a definition of “open”.

This past weekend the outdoor bars were packed too, so let’s take another look at the statistics in two weeks...

^ I live in one of those states and we didn’t “reopen” until May 15th, so I’m not sure what they’re using for a definition of “open”.

This past weekend the outdoor bars were packed too, so let’s take another look at the statistics in two weeks...
You also won’t see a spike in two weeks either. Spikes will be visible two weeks from now.

note to self don’t buy premarket gap ups anymore.

And some in here thought Demand would be slow to return......

Where are you seeing demand? I know the market is going up because the Fed is doing $100 billion a week in QE but I haven't seen anything indicating a significant increase in demand. A few Memorial Day pool parties won't cut it. Not when GDP before Covid-19 was only running at 2%.

Last edited:
Where are you seeing demand? I know the market is going up because the Fed is doing $100 billion a week in QE but I haven't seen anything indicating a significant increase in demand. A few Memorial Day pool parties won't cut it. Not when GDP before Covid-19 was only running at 2%.
Consumer Confidence Index
Travel Statistics
Consumer spending due end of week. Don't act surprised when everyone acts shocked when it shows spending is actually up MOM.

Consumer Confidence Index
Travel Statistics
Consumer spending due end of week. Don't act surprised when everyone acts shocked when it shows spending is actually up MOM.

I get what you are saying but I'm talking about a return to pre-covid levels of demand, not just going from 0 pool parties in April to 2 pool parties in May.

I don't think anyone is forecasting continued month over month declines in spending and travel.

I get what you are saying but I'm talking about a return to pre-covid levels of demand, not just going from 0 pool parties in April to 2 pool parties in May.

I don't think anyone is forecasting continued month over month declines in spending and travel.
Consumer Confidence WAS expected to decline though.....
And it's not simply that Travel is increasing, its the rate at which it is that's impressive
And everyone was saying 1 month ago, how nobody was going to spend money for months. Here we are 4 weeks later......

Consumer Confidence WAS expected to decline though.....
And it's not simply that Travel is increasing, its the rate at which it is that's impressive
And everyone was saying 1 month ago, how nobody was going to spend money for months. Here we are 4 weeks later......

What data are you seeing on travel? All I could find was this and I wouldn't consider this to be good news:

"The number of travelers passing through airport screening hit 318,449 Thursday and 348,673 Friday, compared to more than 2.6 million passengers on each of the same days a year ago."

Back
Top Bottom