OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

They’re going to take some draconian measures with the second wave. If they were smart they would print money and put it in the hands of the people this time and not the businesses to spur spending.

tech vs every other sector. This alone is why every stock I own is related to tech in some way.

Curious to see how the SaaS stocks line up vs the other tech names (excluding the established behemoths)

That's tough to do. Especially when you consider most tech behemoths may have a Saas offering in addition to hardware

Take FANG for example all have saas offerings with in their offerings. With the exception of netflix which might be entirely SAAS from a revenue generation standpojnt.

Even Tesla is flirting with that model with their cars.

From this week’s barrons article about SPAC’s

Virgin Galactic’s chairman, Chamath Palihapitiya—an early executive at Facebook  (FB) who founded the Social Capital venture-capital fund—is back for more. In late April, while the traditional IPO market was shuttered, he raised two additional SPACs: Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings II  (IPOB), with $414 million in IPO proceeds to seek technology investments in the U.S., and Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings III (IPOC), which raised $828 million to target tech companies abroad

gonna keep an eye on those two since I respect chamath.

I had a potential client call and they’re considering raising a SPAC right off the bat versus a traditional fund.

When I’m on PC next I’ll post my retirement holdings which is tilted tech but has a mix of mutual funds and other stuff.

I had a potential client call and they’re considering raising a SPAC right off the bat versus a traditional fund.

When I’m on PC next I’ll post my retirement holdings which is tilted tech but has a mix of mutual funds and other stuff.
Out of curiousity, what’s the benefit of SPAC vs traditional IPO? Do they save a lot of money? Is it the lack of a traditional lock up? I wonder if we’ll see more companies go that route or if it will be reserved for the smaller company/the boiler room type company.

Fed's Yellen expects no new financial crisis in 'our lifetimes'

*she was my prof for macro-econ...I shoulda listened to her :lol: :smh:

Fed's Yellen expects no new financial crisis in 'our lifetimes'

*she was my prof for macro-econ...I shoulda listened to her :lol: :smh:

The wild thing is that people are calling for this rally to continue another 20-50% higher over the next 6-12 months.

Came up with a little checklist synthesizing what I’ve learned to look for thus far when investing. I’ll throw it on page 1 as well and should probably edit it since it’s old as hell.

If y’all think there’s something worth adding to the list, lmk. If you don’t know any of the terms, just google them first. Thanks.

Investment Checklist

Does the company have a moat?

Is there a long runway?

Does the business possess a large TAM?

Does the company have the means to expand internationally?

Does the business offer a stack or is it just a one trick pony?

Does the business possess branding power (is it used as a verb)?

Is there strong revenue growth?

Does their model capitalize on recurring revenue?

Does the company monetize its users (ARPU)?

Are the gross margins high?

Are the margins constricting?

Is its DBNER > 120%?

How is it’s FCF? Is there capital burn?

Do employees like working for the company and its management?

Is the CEO the founder?

Is the company becoming a platform?

The last 3 posts are exactly how I have been acting with this market - a lot of people aren’t touching real estate and there are STEALS at certain price ranges

Back
Top Bottom