OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

In...AMD & LAM(tomorrow)

Tried to get in on LAM, but couldn’t get my option filled at the end.

6AF964D1-185F-41F4-9634-3CCD87237709.jpeg

I hate it here.

I need to learn how to take profits fam.

Just saw my profits disappear in a matter of seconds with that SLV dump.

Went from close to 90% profit to 10% loss. That's a 100% swing.

My greedy self was trying to get to 100% before selling. But I was actually gonna sell. So close and then massive dump.
Stop being greedy and emotional and be robotic. Trim and raise stops. I never sell in one lot, always take a target and if I get a dip and the story is good, I add back. Pay yourself and protect your book. This **** is all about risk management.

trump announced the kodak deal at his press briefing July 28, 2020 but its CEO bought 47k in shares on June 23? this smells.

How could you have known about Kodak?

1596054693671.png

Um Trump was talkin about it yesterday during a press conference and them being granted a loan, so that information was there for everybody who was watching and listening

kodak's CEO said they've known about this deal for a week, despite him randomly purchasing 47k shares a month ago. kodak closed at $2.62 and opened at $9.63 on the day of the announcement. kodak magically traded at a volume of 10-15x above its average for the month of july the day before the announcement.

you're right, but the information was there for a select few before the president announced it and the spike in trading the day before reflects that.

Last edited:
johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm All in on PINS before earnings Friday? :nerd:
i trimmed down to 50 shares from 100 and went longer by selling bull put spreads in Jan 2022 35/30 for 3.60. I have 7 of those. I won’t get any longer because the reality is that advertising revenue is tough right now but I think they’ll post a beat on users which should weather any revenue issues. If it pulls back I’ll probably add more at some point but I’m as long as I can be right now in that account.
So SHOP beat and is up 7%. Anyone still got positions in that? I really don't see this one falling much, if ever.
I wish I owned some. I made the mistake of thinking 360 was too expensive and getting exposure via mutual funds instead. Smh. I might buy a share at some point or if they ever announce a split just load up my margin on them :lol:

Did you Google Lam Research? They're in the top tier of their sector.
They're the "Lexus" of semicon
Yup, just takes a while to learn all the tickers and their habits. Semis have been on fire. I slept on TSM and AMD and I regret it. Gonna be eying them now for entries.

ZM has been really quiet too lately. Makes me wonder if it's resting before another big move, or if the growth is going to slow since everyone was on boarded last quarter ala NFLX.

Yup, just takes a while to learn all the tickers and their habits. Semis have been on fire. I slept on TSM and AMD and I regret it. Gonna be eying them now for entries.

ZM has been really quiet too lately. Makes me wonder if it's resting before another big move, or if the growth is going to slow since everyone was on boarded last quarter ala NFLX.

For me, ZM is in the middle of nowhere in terms of price pattern. Need for it to dip more before I get in. Been hoping a larger dip in this as well to jump in. Oh well. Patience for me.

Back
Top Bottom