OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

added to JMIA NLS and FB no reason these should be down just cuz of vaccine that wont be out for another 4-6 months we werent going to be shutdown for ever

JMIA has more to do with their disappointing Q3 which they reported this morning. I'd be careful with this one

December 5th analyst note: We see Nikola price declining 99% to meet current valuation and to reflect future prospects of delivering vehicles before cash on hand is exhausted. PT $0.04.

Watch those guys pop up the stock intra day then sell off in the final hour.

JMIA is all or nothing. I have 30 shares. I’m not adding any more unless it goes to $5 or they start figuring **** out on earnings. This is an all or nothing position for me and I fully expect this being worth 0 in two years and writing it off my taxes.

@everyone Mini Update: Market is pulling back from the massive moves it has made in the past week. I also want to note that the most recent pump from vaccine news is while positive in the right direction - isn’t really that amazing either. Looks like this consolidation triangle chart posted last week is actually playing out after all... (chart below)

NFLX - no new updates here from last nights post. We dipped into that buy zone area mentioned last night - I added another contract to my position and brought my average down to 6.90. Currently NFLX is one of the few things green on the market - this is still a risky trade especially with broad markets sliding down now. Don’t play what you can’t lose.

CHWY - I don’t have any active positions on this but was pinged on it - going down with markets and the vaccine news imo. Currently it has lost the trendline it was bouncing off of for the last 4-5 months. I would advise waiting for a little longer before entering any positions. Next support area is around 52.

XLP is up today to 65.5 - I still have my couple contracts of 70c for December.

Yeah I like Chwy - in regards to eCommerce channels/platforms I’m looking to DCA heavy here. This pandemic advanced us by 5 years and people now know how to automate their life - that isn’t going away.

Last edited:
NKLA bouncing off yesterdays close multiple times in the past hour. Hoping for a breakdown. Added a 1/15 $15 put.

RKT popping... earnings after close, and a lot of $25 call options opened. Wonder if this is a hedge or if someone expects a huge move... :nerd:

Last edited:
China regulations messing with my BABA and TCEHY position. Got some cognitive dissonance here wanting to add to my position given the strong results and overall performance and that prospect of reining in the future growth with antitrust regulations. Is DCA my answer to any fluctuation? Kinda feeling that way :lol:

I needed a bigger bear sentiment to keep my NKLA $15 P open. Closed it at the end of the session. Lost 30% in total but alas. Live for a new day.

I needed a bigger bear sentiment to keep my NKLA $15 P open. Closed it at the end of the session. Lost 30% in total but alas. Live for a new day.
Not expecting anything from the various subpoenas for the investigations? I'm hoping those investigations get wrapped up sooner than later, but I'm more banking on companies backing out of partnerships due to these investigations before anything else.

It's too volatile for my risk profile. My Put was a 11/20 expiry so I'd rather cut my losses and move into something else.

I think its a **** company, I just don't have the capital or stomach to short it and hang on.

No doubt. If the stock doesnt dive within a week of the insider lockup ending, I'm taking the tax write off and will watch from the sidelines as this story plays out.

RKT is all over the damb place. 10% swing within minutes of reporting and it's still looking like a yoyo.

11/10 Market Recap: @everyone

Saw more downside action at the open today. QQQ hit the 2nd gap fill zone, but still not fully filled. We bounced back well from the open dump, and chopped out for the rest of the day. Now we have a gap up and gap down to fill. QQQ currently looking like it’s basing a bottom for the short term, so I am leaning long but not too bullish. You can also argue this looks like a bear flag, but I think we are just basing. The lower EM for QQQ is 286, and I think there is a good chance we should get back up there by the end of the week. Leaning long going into tomorrow

Screen_Shot_2020-11-10_at_1.58.58_PM.png

Got a qqq put spread for December 265-260 as a hedge. Wouldn’t mind that printing.

eying fubo tomorrow. Thinking we are going to see a big winner here long term.
Interested in pdd as well.

added baba and pton back today and trimmed very little net, FSLY and ftch to create some cash.

@everyone good news on some tickers and for the world's overall health is FPRX securing requirements for phase 2 in its gastric cancer cure. Ticker is up some 300% near 22 on heavy volume.

We pulled out of NIO yesterday on a flat trade. As H hydra mentioned, it really went parabolic. The reason I'm still looking at it is earnings next week. Playing next week's expiration sees very little decay. The one hour chart shows possible support a bit under 40 but profit taking ahead of earnings is more likely to happen. The multiple 45 test attempts didn't break. Risk reward becomes less appealing.
A member pointed out volume on next week's expiration for JETS and airline etf for the 21.5c. This could be someone selling the calls, expecting a pullback following the AAL offering that is now diluting the ticker. Or expecting a strong pop where 21.9 becomes their break-even.

PLAY was downgraded and could melt down even further once it flushes under 21.80.

I'm still in MU where it's moving back up above resistance. Once we clear 55.46 we could have a real mover.

Keep learning. Keep asking questions. Review your plays. Learn from them.

Back
Top Bottom