OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

bought some shoes that just came in.

Now looking at them all I see is a couple shares of APPL :frown:

Same here.. I haven't bought shoes hardly at all the passed year after my place burned down and lost over 400+ pairs.. now I just look at shoes and think I'd rather put that into my portfolio and buy some good companies. Don't get me wrong, we all know there's money to be made in shoes too even just buying personal pairs but just so much better seeing that money going into something more productive then shoes. Now every time I want a pair of shoes and miss out on em I take that money and put it straight into the account since I was planning on spending it anyway.

Same here.. I haven't bought shoes hardly at all the passed year after my place burned down and lost over 400+ pairs.. now I just look at shoes and think I'd rather put that into my portfolio and buy some good companies. Don't get me wrong, we all know there's money to be made in shoes too even just buying personal pairs but just so much better seeing that money going into something more productive then shoes. Now every time I want a pair of shoes and miss out on em I take that money and put it straight into the account since I was planning on spending it anyway.
Been going through this too as I've had less and less interest in keeping personal pairs as I've gotten older. Have to "grow up" at some point. Doesn't necessarily mean that you stop buying them all together but it means stop chasing every single release. Buying even one pair a month at current retail prices isn't feasible for most middle class consumers that could potentially have a partner, kids, mortgage, etc.

At the point where I feel like I don't have enough money to invest, nonetheless by sneakers. Every single time I get some sort of disposable income I'm thinking about putting it into some sort of investment vehicle

1612418528161.png

I ALREADY KNEW IT WAS GON BE ABOUT $SNDL BEFORE I EVEN CLICKED

I agree on the shoe thing, ive really been outta the loop for like 2 years now. Once Ultra Boost 1.0 was dead and Yeezys got worse i lost interest. Growing up, got so many other things to pay attention to and spend money on

i forgot i had opened a Roth IRA through TD a year or two ago. I think im gonna start committing to contributing $150 a month to that account and building a portfolio with all of the ARK funds

Been going through this too as I've had less and less interest in keeping personal pairs as I've gotten older. Have to "grow up" at some point. Doesn't necessarily mean that you stop buying them all together but it means stop chasing every single release. Buying even one pair a month at current retail prices isn't feasible for most middle class consumers that could potentially have a partner, kids, mortgage, etc.

At the point where I feel like I don't have enough money to invest, nonetheless by sneakers. Every single time I get some sort of disposable income I'm thinking about putting it into some sort of investment vehicle

Agreed.. I still grab a pair here or there the OGs I don't have but not in it like I used to be. And after seeing close to 100gs burn up I couldn't stop thinking bout if I woulda bought stocks with that money I'd be better off. But I love shoes, so it'll never go away but definitely have bigger priorities now days.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm were/are you into shoes or did you just come across this forum and get into it? I don't think I seen you in many other threads that I recall.

Was into shoes but haven’t bought a pair of jordans in like a decade. Still like shoes, but I’m not paying $250 for a pair.

Reshuffled my daughter my custodial, started positions in Google, FB, ARKG and SQ. Captures the deep learning, virtual worlds, genomics and digital wallets thematic. Looking to add one more stock to that basket, we’ll see what I decide on.

So how does that work, since it's currently trading a couple bucks higher. Can we buy at $13.50? When/how?

I'm sick to my stomach

Should have jumped into SKLZ

Was initially looking to get into it around $25. And look at it now.

I'm sick!!!

Anyways, will look again and see if i need to reevaluate my entry point here.
Your sick lol I had positions in the 14s twice and sold them both in the 18-20s. Bleh.

I'm sick to my stomach

I'm sick!!!

i missed out on SKLZ too

if you makes you feel any better, I had CPSH @ 6 about a month ago, sold it last week. Look at its run the last two days:smh:

Did you have insurance covering said items?

I'm sick to my stomach

I'm sick!!!

Dude. I missed out on Amazon years ago when it was 1.73 a share. Or Bitcoin when it was 1 dollar a coin. Don’t be too mad.

On a serious note. This is what I hate about the stock market. It turns even the most responsible into greedy monsters. I was like this for a few week stretches. I might as well as gone to the Vegas and put 10k on black.

best to invest in companies you BELIEVE in and just add and wait.

I've learned to just hold the companies that you buy unless something significantly changes. There's a reason why you bought it and once you sell it's going to moon.

Back
Top Bottom