OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Can anyone give a breakdown on what happened to cassava? Great Alzheimer’s news. A big two day pump. And then a dump? Is this a coordinated pump and dump? We always see it. Just wondering if there is any insights on that. I could see the allure of getting in on the meme stocks. I’ve never been apart of a multi day pump, only on the backend of a two hour pump/dump lol.

A bulk of my long term investments are mutual funds. Time to get a bit more aggressive. After doing some research, I’m picking 5 stocks that I think have very good growth potential in the medium term:

-Roku
-Pinterest
-Teladoc
-HAAC
-NIO

Very bullish on the first three, last two isn’t set in stone. Just wanna focus and consolidate for the medium to long term. Then keep a small amount as buying power to “trade”

We hear this a lot. Any chance their user base plateaus? It feels like those that wanted the pandemic related items already got in, or created an account/bought said items. What’s left out there that people haven’t found or bought? You can’t dismiss boredom. Unless this variant changes things, a reopening in months could be happening. Even eBay and Etsy were modest gainers for years and saw a huge jump recently. Pre pandemic, eBay was struggling. Once we’re sort of back to normal, do they shift down? Then again maybe this is all 1-2 years out and that’s long term enough for some.
I also didn’t see Etsy as a 400% gainer over the past year. So pins to $200 seems almost guaranteed at this point.
Plateauing is real, but they just started monetizing Latin America and non English speaking users. That’s where the growth lies ahead for them. Loop Capital put a $200 billion market cap on them and thinks if they maintain this FB like trajectory they could do $25 billion in revs. This was after the LAST quarter. I’m probably buying more tbh. I’ll trim CURI, cut the swing trade in ESTC, and see what I could do to build this boat even more.

with ABNB I just like the pattern here for a move back to the highs. I would be looking to buy through yesterday’s high and add on dips to VWAP. Doubt I take anything now that I want to build out PINS more. We’ll see. Not gonna fomo into PINS.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm would you please help me look at charts for ROCK to strategize on an entry point? I really want to get back in this stock. Would’ve more than doubled my money if I held since May and now it’s run away from me. I keep waiting to get in and it keeps going up. I don’t know how to do any chart analysis but curious what the chart patterns would indicate.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm would you please help me look at charts for ROCK to strategize on an entry point? I really want to get back in this stock. Would’ve more than doubled my money if I held since May and now it’s run away from me. I keep waiting to get in and it keeps going up. I don’t know how to do any chart analysis but curious what the chart patterns would indicate.
I can give you supply and demand zones when I get on my computer later, but I’d be a buyer in this range and adding on confirmation (if it breaks out, I’d add a little, and if it pulls back to the top green line (95) and holds id add a little more).stop under 90 or that shakeout wick on the green candle. Wider stop so I’d build the position more gradually rather than hit it hard. But this looks decent.
1612527521964.png

Rock supply zone at 98, demand zone at 88.61, short term supply at 95 which coincides with the chart. Think you've got some good risk/reward here to build a position against 88 anticipating the breakout through 98.

hell yeah, what did you put them into if you don't mind me asking?

edit: about to throw my remaining capital into PINS/ROKU/SQ/TDOC/NVDA

Opened a decent sized position in SQ.
Added to my SE position.

Looking to open positions in *NVDA, TDOC, SKLZ.

*If the NVDA acquisition of ARM goes through... boy...NVDA will be a force to reckon with

So many attractive prospects but not enough capital to play them all...lol

Last edited:
Opened a decent sized position in SQ.
Added to my SE position.

Looking to open positions in *NVDA, TDOC, SKLZ.

*If the NVDA acquisition of ARM goes through... boy...NVDA will be a force to reckon with

So many attractive prospects but not enough capital to play them all...lol
Love all of em.

It's tough when everything has run up so much and share prices are so high. Just depletes capital rapidly, but DCA been undftd! Might need to look for a new job to get more $ 😂

Capital constraints suck. I'd put on swings in ETSY and ABNB right now if not.

It's either you concentrate on your best ideas for the biggest $$ return, or you diversify and dilute but increase your potential winning percentage.

This is basically the argument of Batting Average vs Slugging Percentage.

If I had cash I would buy into this Peloton sell off.

Subscriptions are up 472% YoY... A lot of that is pandemic driven but I don't think people will be in a mass rush to go back to a gym after. My initial thesis on buying Peloton in the first place was because they have a reoccurring revenue model with the subscription you need to even use the bike or anything else.

They're having issues keeping up with the demand but it's a good thing to me . It's wildly outsized demand cause people see the value in it.

Subscriptions are up 472% YoY... A lot of that is pandemic driven but I don't think people will be in a mass rush to go back to a gym after. My initial thesis on buying Peloton in the first place was because they have a reoccurring revenue model with the subscription you need to even use the bike or anything else.

They're having issues keeping up with the demand but it's a good thing to me . It's wildly outsized demand cause people see the value in it.
Threw a little bit of $ there today! Totally agree.

Glad to see The Cannabis ETF $THCX steadily rise over the past year. Been tossing my money into that instead of investing in individual cannabis stocks. Also love the 3.45 dividend.

Kind of feel strange that I'm investing in weed and taking those profits to invest in Core Civic which is a prison stock. :lol:

It's like I'm playing both sides of the fence.

ZM with a little pop today, it has been pretty stagnant lately, I’m closing out of my position... been spread too thin with too many companies. I’m not sure I love it’s moat personally, but happy with these gains from it

We bought the Bowflex bike for 50% less and signed up for the PTON app for $13 a month or whatever it is. My wife uses the app 4 days a week for yoga, and I use it to bike ride. Eventually, like Apple, the numbers will flip from being hardware to being a software play.

I'd like to own some around 130 or less if I can be creative with the cash.

Here's the $PINS play I want to fill, who knows though, I'm at mid market: buying the Jan 2022 90-110 call spread, selling the Jan 2023 45-40 put spread. Mid market is ~3. We'll see what happens. I like the r/r here though as a way to get longer without laying out more capital.

Wanted in gme three times this week and never went for it. Glad I didn’t. I’d be barely breaking even. Someone who quickly pumped At $55 and dumped and $79 made out nicely.

Back
Top Bottom