OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Trim some if you've been riding this train. Raise your stop to $2. Remember, SNDL is the price it is for a reason. Make money, compound, don't bag hold. Diamond hands is for ******* who get no play.

Bought HEC again. 50 shares. Not going big here because it has its risks.
I could see this becoming a thing and I like the B2B synergies. If they transition or evolve into a behavioral health/remote monitoring company, it'll trade at the same multiple as OTRK.

Trim some if you've been riding this train. Raise your stop to $2. Remember, SNDL is the price it is for a reason. Make money, compound, don't bag hold. Diamond hands is for ******* who get no play.

Bought HEC again. 50 shares. Not going big here because it has its risks.
I could see this becoming a thing and I like the B2B synergies. If they transition or evolve into a behavioral health/remote monitoring company, it'll trade at the same multiple as OTRK.
I don’t know **** about stocks. I’m just bored and trying to learn by doing. I bought $5 worth of Sundial :lol:. Like 3 shares. I only deposited $100 to invest. One of the only reasons I bought it was because low cost. I believe in weed, and Biden pushing legalization.

I’m in Canada, I don’t even know the American climate.

Why did you choose $2 for the stop? Just wondering if you typically do a certain % lower than current market price, or if you base it on where you bought in at / reach enough gains, etc.

I don’t know **** about stocks. I’m just bored and trying to learn by doing. I bought $5 worth of Sundial :lol:. Like 3 shares. I only deposited $100 to invest. One of the only reasons I bought it was because low cost. I believe in weed, and Biden pushing legalization.

I’m in Canada, I don’t even know the American climate.
We all start somewhere so dont feel like you're missing anything. I'd index primarily with excess cash and use play money to learn how to do the other stuff in the interim and when you get more consistent, start building up the account and transitioning.
Why did you choose $2 for the stop? Just wondering if you typically do a certain % lower than current market price, or if you base it on where you bought in at / reach enough gains, etc.
Favorite way for me to pick a stop in a chart like SNDL's is right at the lows of the gap up candle. Below that candle, and it's a cascading gap fill. So 1.94 I think technically is the stop trigger.

I have 107 shares of sndl. Idk if I should wait till it go up more or just sell and then use that for btc and eth

I know people are predicting a correction/crash in the spring/summer, being a noob what's the strategy here? Do you put stops and sell everything a little below what you bought, trying to re-buy at the low point? Or do you ride it out and hold to let it build back up?

I know people are predicting a correction/crash in the spring/summer, being a noob what's the strategy here? Do you put stops and sell everything a little below what you bought, trying to re-buy at the low point? Or do you ride it out and hold to let it build back up?

Matters where you are at in your investing life

Me - I have a sizable amount of cash ready to go - I expect a 10-15 correction and will then make that cash work for me

Taking profits into the lead up is key - have your strong convictions and stick to them

During that sharp dip, two of my stops were filled. I'm okay with it.

Since I had stops in place, during that dip I didn't panic or spend time reviewing my portfolio. Instead, I was able to look up prices on MSOS and U, saw that they both were also down sharply, so I gladly jumped on them. Then I put immediately set stops on both. So far U is down another 0.5% which is nothing, and MSOS is up about 2.6% which is good. I'm pretty happy, I feel like in the past I could have lost a lot of $ on a day like this, but instead I'm up a little and not stressed because my non-blue chip stocks have stops in place.

One thing to take into consideration as well, if we do correct in April/May, a 10% -15% reduction then takes you back to the price levels of where we are today give or take.

Once I realized that we weren’t correcting last week, I started to slowly deploy more capital. As Ecook mentioned, take profits along the way, play your strongest conviction and trade based on the current trends. Keeping risk into perspective will keep you humbled IMO.

Bought 580 shares of SNDL for $1.07

Just sold 200 shares at $2.69.

Letting the other 380 shares take me somewhere.
put a hard stop at 1.94 and never look back. Great entry and cushion, ride the rest and trim at 3, 3.5, and leave a runner for 5+
I have 107 shares of sndl. Idk if I should wait till it go up more or just sell and then use that for btc and eth
if you bought it today, I’d be trimming with my stop at break even.

There is no timing the market on long term positions. What I did during the GameStop mania is sell everything I didn’t like for the next 5 years. I am only in positions I absolutely love for the next 5 years and will leave it alone since I have a great cushion. If I’m swing trading stocks, I’m putting stops above break even and never looking back.

Matters where you are at in your investing life

Me - I have a sizable amount of cash ready to go - I expect a 10-15 correction and will then make that cash work for me

Taking profits into the lead up is key - have your strong convictions and stick to them

Thanks for the response.

I'm just getting my toes wet, have about 20k in and it's mostly in VOO and QQQ. Just starting out so I'm trying to play things safe, growing and adding over time as I learn the ropes.

put a hard stop at 1.94 and never look back. Great entry and cushion, ride the rest and trim at 3, 3.5, and leave a runner for 5+

There is no timing the market on long term positions. What I did during the GameStop mania is sell everything I didn’t like for the next 5 years. I am only in positions I absolutely love for the next 5 years and will leave it alone since I have a great cushion. If I’m swing trading stocks, I’m putting stops above break even and never looking back.

Mind sharing your 3 or 4 strongest holds, the ones you have the strongest faith in? I have and love SHOP and TDOC, and along with FBGRX (mutual fund) and ARKW (ETF) they make up about half my portfolio. I don't plan on touching those four for at least the end of this year. But the other half of my portfolio I'm open to adjusting.

All I've been doing this morning is trim, trim, trim. I see NAKD, BBBY and AMC is flying :wow:... but not falling for that trap

Thanks your input. Preciate it :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom