OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

So I just got my Etrade account , what are some solid ways to get involved quickly? I have it tied to my job account so that money automatically goes in. Is that good?

So I just got my Etrade account , what are some solid ways to get involved quickly? I have it tied to my job account so that money automatically goes in. Is that good?
As long as you have the cash flow to allow it, it's a good way to consistently fund your account. Be careful with commission costs though, they add up quick. So don't buy one or two shares of a company every payday.

Getting involved quickly, imo, would mean you need to read as much as you can until you feel comfortable with the markets. Browse the first page of the thread, everyone there (especially JRS) put out a ton of good info.

As for today, who's ready for NFLX earnings? :nerd: Seems like all anyone cares about is subscriber numbers, so I'm hoping that pulls through. With the huge Internet TV trend (Apple TV, Chromecast, built-in apps on TVs and consoles, etc) I'm hoping the Black Friday - Christmas season spurred a big late push in new subscribers.

I'm in for netflix.

I thing they'll surpass expectations. They been killing it with regional original content to bring in massive subscriptions from ither countries.

Where the numbers at? :nerd:

Edit
Oh **** yeah that price spike :pimp: pls hold on with guidance.

Edit again
NFLX added more than 7 million customers :wow: :nthat:

Last edited:
Netflix done killed it. AGAIN.

up to 145$

bought 25k yesterday now up 2k on the NT stock game :nerd:

As long as you have the cash flow to allow it, it's a good way to consistently fund your account. Be careful with commission costs though, they add up quick. So don't buy one or two shares of a company every payday.

Getting involved quickly, imo, would mean you need to read as much as you can until you feel comfortable with the markets. Browse the first page of the thread, everyone there (especially JRS) put out a ton of good info.

Thanks for the insight...I really need to get a dictionary for all the lingo in here. Not gonna lie, a lot of what you guys are discussing is going over my head :smh:

Are these figures you guys are throwing around actual numbers? Like cash values?

Investopedia is a useful tool for lingo/verbiage. Good beginner source for a lot of what you'll see and read.

Don't read too much into the numbers people post. Pay attention to the companies and stocks, not other people. Trust, I have like NO skin in the game compared to a lot of people active in here :lol:

Thanks for the insight...I really need to get a dictionary for all the lingo in here. Not gonna lie, a lot of what you guys are discussing is going over my head
mean.gif

Are these figures you guys are throwing around actual numbers? Like cash values?
Here's what you should be reading everyday:

http://www.investopedia.com/

http://finance.yahoo.com/

http://www.wsj.com/

http://finviz.com/

Just checked and all the NTers are in the green for the NT stock game :smokin

get that paper

Noskey up 20% since the start :x :x

Last edited:
Just checked and all the NTers are in the green for the NT stock game
smokin.gif

get that paper

Noskey up 20% since the start
sick.gif
sick.gif
In hindsight, I'm glad I set the June 2017 deadline.

Game #1 - Who can survive the volatility in 1H2017?

Game #2 - Who can weather the storm until end of 2017?

So we excited for DJIA closing > 20k?

P.S. buy INTC. PCs byke.
might put in a call for that tomorrow

Wew, had me sweating initially. Looking good right now.

Nm. Kill me pls.

EPS and revs beat easily, but outlook flat and people are getting fired. Down AH.
Meh INTC is pretty much a dividend holding at this point. No matter what happens it's been trading in a pretty narrow range the past couple of years. They do need to increase their dividends though or I'm bailing.

Just checked and all the NTers are in the green for the NT stock game :smokin

get that paper

Noskey up 20% since the start :x :x
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ got lucky I guess? TSLA been the biggest culprit, without them I'm pretty sure I'd be middle of the pack. I did buy a lot shares for a reason though 8)

Back
Top Bottom