OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Fannie and Freddie crushed. Took a sizable loss on Fannie preferred. Had to cut it and not hold the bag though

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am a newbie trying to overcome my fears and finally get involved with the stock market. I put my money in banks but the accts only gain like 0.05% interest. That is no money at all! I just feel financially illiterate. I should be getting a refund this year, so I wanted to put some of that towards getting my feet wet in the stock market, If anyone could help and point me in the right direction that would be great!

When we shorting the market bruhs?
Calling the top is usually a bad bet.

The market can remain irrational longer than we can remain solvent.

It seems there's a lot of newbies interested in entering the market, which is one of the greatest indicators of a top forming.

The greater fool theory at its finest. Wait until there's a little blood in the water before you buy puts / short futures.

Last edited:
swaggdaddy swaggdaddy check the 1st post like base mod said there. You want to learn as much as possible before getting your feet wet. Depending on your goals for that money, i'd probably suggest an ETF index fund of the S&P 500 or something along those lines.

Haven't been following the NT simulation as much. Comcast made a split? I'm down 10k lol. Oh well still hoping UA bounces back :nerd:

Last edited:
That CMCSA split is ******* up the NT stock game. Position is down 46% overnight
laugh.gif
Mane, what is you talking about? You and Johnny have a stranglehold on the top 2 spots --

That CMCSA split is ******* up the NT stock game. Position is down 46% overnight :lol:

Mane, what is you talking about? You and Johnny have a stranglehold on the top 2 spots --

View media item 2342963
Damn right and I want to keep my top spot :lol:
That CMCSA split is ******* up the NT stock game. Position is down 46% overnight :lol:

this.

got me feeling some type of way :lol:
For real :lol: Knocked 6K off my profits like *that* smh.

Last edited:
1st post papi
Thanks
@Swaggdaddy check the 1st post like base mod said there. You want to learn as much as possible before getting your feet wet. Depending on your goals for that money, i'd probably suggest an ETF index fund of the S&P 500 or something along those lines.

Haven't been following the NT simulation as much. Comcast made a split? I'm down 10k lol. Oh well still hoping UA bounces back
nerd.gif
Thanks

good looking out, will follow that thread, trying to wrap my mind around the concept of the app now
yep, np!  the app is kinda confusing...but it has nice quick readout of what you're probably gonna be looking at: performance & history.

I myself set it up so that i contribute $15 automatically every friday....i try to time it with my paycheck. so out of sight, out of mind.  it really is working ...seeing that i get change deposited almost daily to that account starts to stack up. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom