OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I exited the names I had good percentage profits in but small size like DDOG and DOCU, trimmed a little pins and crwd to add to zm, twlo and four. I’m looking to add more tomorrow to se, zm and twlo if they sell off but I don’t expect it. This was a very clean sell off and bounced/stopped at key support levels. I’m thinking we shake out tomorrow and close green but we’ll see. This is a dip to buy a little on, not something to run away from. Not yet at least.

What would indicate that its something to run away from?
We take out today’s lows and violate the next support zones. Some stocks have a little
Room to fall healthily others don’t so it’s all relative to what you’re looking at. Lvgo, I wanna see it rally back, se I can see it going down to 99.50 and resetting, etc

also if the indexes puke again that would be bad. But the key is to maintain perspective and see the full picture and act accordingly.

Screenshot_20200713-143952_Robinhood.jpg

This gotta be a glitch right?

I wish I had gotten into this 6 months earlier. Feel like im missing out on TSLA :lol: :smh:
Currently rockin with:
APPLE
DRAFTKINGS
EA
BND
BNDX
VOO

Preciate all the info y’all post in here. A newbooty like me needs all the help I can have :lol:

Just a rookie in these streets but I made quite the purchases of stocks during this hole pandemic and currently have some Tesla stocks. Do you guys usually sell before the year or after the year for capital gains tax reasons? Just trying to learn.

Just a rookie in these streets but I made quite the purchases of stocks during this hole pandemic and currently have some Tesla stocks. Do you guys usually sell before the year or after the year for capital gains tax reasons? Just trying to learn.

That depends on your tax situation. Long term capital gains (stocks held for over a year) are taxed at 0%, 15%, or 20% (based on your tax bracket) and short term gains are taxed at your ordinary income tax bracket.

I wish I had gotten into this 6 months earlier. Feel like im missing out on TSLA :lol: :smh:
Currently rockin with:
APPLE
DRAFTKINGS
EA
BND
BNDX
VOO

Preciate all the info y’all post in here. A newbooty like me needs all the help I can have :lol:

Same, new jack appreciating the info. On RH for now getting my weight/knowledge up

Stopped out of FOUR. Dumb trade. Took a $60 loss bleh. See it potentially going down another 2 bucks and I'm not risking anymore money on a stock tied directly to food and hospitality. I shouldn't have even been in it but I kept convincing myself based on what people were saying on Twitter. Dumb move. Cut out the noise, focus on the facts, keep perspective.

Depends on how much you will make. I bought ~$7k worth of Tesla yesterday and will sell once the price jumps. Don’t mind taking a hit on those taxes. Conversely, I have 18 shares of Amazon that I bought in March and have gone insane since then. My tax bill will be pretty high for that so I am going to hold for a year.

Took CRWD off and sold another 10 shares in PINS, at half size now not selling anymore there. Added a lil TWLO too early at 228 premarket when the Nasdaq was looking strong. Looking to add into SE, ZM and TWLO today.

Edit: added a lil zm, se and twlo. getting smoked in them. took off fb and locked in some gains. nasty market. good buying opportunities on the horizon here. need this fsly to drop to 64.

Last edited:
JPM did ok but not surprised there.

For Delta to do as bad as they did last qtr, their stock has not really taken a hit so far...crazy.

JPM did ok but not surprised there.

For Delta to do as bad as they did last qtr, their stock has not really taken a hit so far...crazy.
Priced in. They've been burning 60 mill a day. It'll get smoked probably at some point.

Position sizing is very key guys. I started buying ZM at 274 and I'm getting smoked on it. But I'm actually not down that much $ wise. Start into positions gradually, and pyramid down if it's a position you want to build up. Never buy in one big shot, you'll be rekt that way.

bought back crwd. let's hope we don't empty out again.

Last edited:
Been looking into my portfolio weighting a bit more lately and seeing that MSFT is currently 25% of my portfolio makes me a bit uncomfortable. 25% feels to high of a concentration since I also have exposure from owning QQQ shares and a tech mutual fund. Want to decrease the weight but don’t really want to sell any of the shares I own. Not sure what to do.

If you don't want to sell, technically you can add more money in other investments, but that increases your risk. I mean, it's MSFT, it's not going anywhere so if you have a long term outlook, just treat it like a savings account.

Back
Top Bottom