OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Bought SHOP at $1163 and SE at $235 which both were near AH at the time, so it felt a little crazy but did it any way. Put stops on them to feel better about it. It’s working out nicely so far, up 23% and 16% respectively. Glad I didn’t try to time it and wait for a dip.
Yes, exactly this. Waiting for a dip meanwhile **** goes up 10-30%, a dip happens goes down 3%. better off just biting the bullet and holding.

Yes, exactly this. Waiting for a dip meanwhile **** goes up 10-30%, a dip happens goes down 3%. better off just biting the bullet and holding.

I'm still learning but this is my current philosophy:

If you have strong conviction in a company and plan to hold, then just buy it, don't wait for a dip. Maybe set a buy-limit on the day you're planning to purchase. But if it doesn't hit that limit and you're still okay with the current price, then just buy it market before the day closes. After purchase you can put a stop, but give yourself some room on it in case it has a couple bad days. Remember, you believe in this stock for the long haul.

If it's a company you think will do well but aren't as certain, and aren't planning to hold long term, then it's a LOT more important to catch it at a good price. So put a limit or wait for a dip. And for these purchases, putting a bit tighter stop-sell price is more important. These are riskier bets and you want to hedge.

That's why it's so helpful to know as much about the company you're purchasing, so you have a strong sense of their actual worth, of what the stock "should" do over time. This knowledge helps you form a strong plan, and you're less inclined to lose money (or more potential earnings) because of an impulse sell on a random day with a large loss or gain.

SHOP, SE, and Teledoc were all down the first week I purchased them. But I believe in them so I sat tight and now they're all doing well.

Last edited:
wassup with FUBO being shorted
I randomly fell into a momentum trade at the end of the day based on chart signals. OF COURSE, there is a massive whatever the hell with FUBO as soon as I place my order. That is twice today where two abnormal events completely tank my play. Pisses me off.

I randomly fell into a momentum trade at the end of the day based on chart signals. OF COURSE, there is a massive whatever the hell with FUBO as soon as I place my order. That is twice today where two abnormal events completely tank my play. Pisses me off.
So this is the way I trade, I have an extensive watchlist but it’s filled with 90% stocks that have great fundamentals and narratives and 10% SPACs specs whatever. I’ll only trade a stock if it makes sense fundamentally. This keeps me from having too much risk that I can’t control since every company in theory should be ok on a random day. Sure I miss some winners, like TIGR, but it keeps me safe and helps me stay grounded.

GME spiking after hours :nerd: Jk not spiking. More like a slow run up a few % points now.

Probably algos buying on support? Short interest numbers released?

Disappointed in myself for so many missed opportunities the last week+. Damn near my whole watch list is green and i didnt junp into anything. Everything i sold went up

some gems dropped in here recently:
SNDL
NPA
CVLB
ROKU
GRWG

Added all of them when mentioned and just watched them go up steadily. Hope the guys that mentioned them stayed with it.

Disappointed in myself for so many missed opportunities the last week+. Damn near my whole watch list is green and i didnt junp into anything. Everything i sold went up

some gems dropped in here recently:
SNDL
NPA
CVLB
ROKU
GRWG

Added all of them when mentioned and just watched them go up steadily. Hope the guys that mentioned them stayed with it.

I feel you. Don't beat yourself up too much.

But what we're seeing right now is absolutely insane!!!

These runs are absolutely ridiculous.

We are getting numb to double digit runs in a single day from companies with tens and hundreds of billions of dollars in market caps.

Just when you think it's run too much, the shxt rips another 10+% the following day.

I know I'm saying nothing new or offering anything tangible but I'm kinda shook by it...lol.

So far, this is making 2020 look a little tame. And that's wild to me. Welp, just gotta enjoy the ride while you're on it, I guess.

I totally agree, this is absolutely insanity. 2020 was like 2-3% a day, 2021 has been 5-10%.

I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy all of it. We've seen time and time again where we've thought everything has ran up so much and we corrected slightly only to go even higher.

edit: and the people haven't gotten their 1400 stimmies yet!!

Last edited:
I know I need to trim something to be prudent from a logical standpoint but what do I sell? CURI GHVI are the worst two stocks I own. I have good size and cushion on everything else. Do I trim ROKU? Do I trim DIS and Apple? This is nuts.

Back
Top Bottom