OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

CMLF mergers with Sema4. Really like this deal so I’m watching dips but it’s already 21 and a $4 billion EV. Should’ve just held the spac and waited. Congrats to any longs.

I wouldn’t touch SNDL with a 10 foot pole. You guys risking money on that should get in and out quick IMO. Make sure you have stops in place for after it’s done pumping.

But what do I know... If I would’ve held my APHA from a couple years ago until today I guess I would’ve 4x my investment instead of losing a third of it. I just checked all the pot stocks that caused me great anguish a couple years ago and see they’re soaring.

Here’s the thing about cannabis stocks (and I don’t claim to be an expert I’m just a small player in the industry who’s gotten burned investing in the big players). Steps towards individual states legalizes does nothing for these companies but create hype and draw more investors (perhaps like you). A lot of these Canadian cannabis companies won’t be able to operate in the US until it’s federally legal. The states legalizing is all hype and any company who starts in an individual state has a long way before being profitable. There is so much competition amongst these companies. Most state licenses have a social equity component or a requirement of being a state resident for x amount of years.

The bigger the company, the more fat cats sitting on the board or with ownership stake. Those are the people getting paid first. So while you guys pump these stocks up thinking they’re gonna make a lot of money...remember the cannabis companies are not instantly profitable. They will use YOUR capital to expand to compete and/or compensate their largest shareholders first.

I could go on about this but I swear Canadian cannabis stocks are akin to a Ponzi scheme.

I hope y’all make money just be careful.

Still think ROCK is the most risk adverse cannabis play with potentially huge rewards.

I agree hennessy hennessy

I was a pharmacist at a very well known dispensary here in NYC and none of the rumors really do anything. I don’t touch weed stocks, except for GRWG actually like this one, most of the rest ride off rumors and momentum. Get your profits and don’t get too greedy.

I don’t want weed stocks anywhere near my financial disclosure. Glad y’all eating tho. Double up and dump.

I definitely recommend putting stops on your weed stocks. We went through huge booms and quick crashes in 2018 with weed stocks. Check out these two examples, although there are many. In fact, look up the company you purchased or are planning to purchase, they may have gone through it themselves.

Tilray $TLRY
August 2018: $24
October 2018: $148 (Six bagger!!!)
December 2018: $75 (lost half from peak, within two months!)
A couple months ago: $8 (down 94% from peak)
It's starting to blow up again, but just be cautious/smart.

MRRCF
Late 2017: Trading around $1.00
January 2018: $3.33 (peak, tripled it's value)
March 2018: $2.00 (lost 40% from peak, within two months)
June 2018: $1.30 (down 60% from peak)
As of a couple months ago: $0.01 (down 99.7% from peak)
Again, it's starting to go up, just be cautious.

I didn't invest in Tilray because by that time, I was already burned by MRRCF and Canopy. I bought a grand of each, and they both had lost half their value within a few months of my purchase. I was so shocked, I had never experienced that before, so I held on to MRRCF. I cut my losses with Canopy. Currently my MRRCF $1000 investment was worth like $8 a couple weeks ago, until it exploded and tripled to $30 this week. Hopefully it keeps going up, but I'll be extremely lucky if I end up with a tenth of my initial investment, after holding for about two years.

When people say don't purchase risky stocks unless you're okay losing all of your investment, it's not hyperbole. It can really happen. All of it. So be smart, use stops. I'm not telling you not to buy, go ahead and hopefully make a lot of money. But just put stop so you don't lose more than you can afford to lose.

Last edited:
I dont think anybody is holding long term on $SNDL.
Things just aligned for people to make a profit these past few weeks.

I dont think anybody is holding long term on $SNDL.
Things just aligned for people to make a profit these past few weeks.

That's good. I just know a lot of new investors came out because of GameStop, and they may not even know how to utilize a stop.

And it's not even about holding long term. You can lose a lot literally in hours. That's how volatile some of these stocks are. I just don't want new investors to make the same mistake I and many others have made.

I sincerely hope the whole NT fam makes a ton of money though. We need it, to sustain our crazy sneaker obsession. Hehe

I’m checking at least twice an hour on specific stocks.
Sometimes as much as 10 times. I knew I would do this getting into stocks as an investor as opposed to curious outsider. :rofl:

Man SNDL really is looking strong i muffed that. I was in under .50 cents lol. I thought it would struggle to pass $2 this easily

lets have another day of GREEN. PLTR, NNDM looking strong

im still buying TSLA under $850

something about a $1-2 stock though where I put in a $200-300 order and basically say “if it all disappears, it is what it is”

Let me get my use from weed like my idols before me.... Redman & Method Man

CMLF.... I listen to the pounders podcast last night about them smh
Same man. Just got tired of holding it when it was quiet. Hopefully HAAC does well for me.
something about a $1-2 stock though where I put in a $200-300 order and basically say “if it all disappears, it is what it is”

Let me get my use from weed like my idols before me.... Redman & Method Man
If you're willing to gamble 200-300 bucks, you should learn options lol

If you're willing to gamble 200-300 bucks, you should learn options lol

I think it’s more so lowering expectations to not hate myself no matter what happens. Also if you would see how many action figures I was buying in a week. $200-300 isn’t chump change, but I rationalize it by saying I would have just bought action figures with this. Same kind of pissing money away :lol:

The Cannabis ETF still rising.
CA8EF33B-CFA8-4095-83F5-486F74F50215.png
1AC7A406-9435-4F9A-977B-349E8BEE9753.png

Back
Top Bottom