OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I'd love to get into TSLA before the next split, but right now it's running too fast for me.

VW's CEO just invited Elon Must to reality check his senor management, who is stuck in their emissions scandalous ways.

Any Avis millionaires now? Earnings seemed decent. This is other worldly though. I doubt it's all attributed to the Reddit and stocktwits crowd. This volume is insane

Felt like I was getting myself into analysis paralysis, so I just said "**** it" and purchased my first options contract: NVDA $280 call with 11/12 expiration. Feel like NVDA has been running so hopefully the contract pays out before expiration.

A $250 call option for 11/5 for CAR could have been bought Monday at close for $1.33. Today it hit $10.625. $133 bucks into $10,625. The thrill is definitely there.
One could have bought at open and tried to 3-4x your money until it halted a number of times. But at noon and thru the rest of the day, everyone who got in late is barely hanging on

I've been stagnant since phun. Where can I get hip to options? Swinging is cool, but its exhausting running these scans.

IMG_4299.PNG

I've been stagnant since phun. Where can I get hip to options? Swinging is cool, but its exhausting running these scans.
Are you asking about learning about options?
projectfinance on YouTube is the goat that I’ve found for learning. Pretty sure his handle was projectoption but I just looked him up and seems that he switched his name to projectfinance

A lot do options based off earnings dates. They won't exactly do a spread but they'll have a few puts and a few calls. It's truly tricky stuff. I dabbled and got out. The good earnings news dropped a stock price? And sometimes bad news made it move up. It felt random. This Avis news had some movement for a 10% gain, not nearly 200%. I feel whoever was playing with avis calls has been doing so for 5 years and finally hit the lotto (but over the course of 4 straight years of plateaued growth and a loss on calls, they may have finally broken even?)

It's also news based. Tesla didn't pump until the week after modest earnings (where it dropped. How many had calls for the Friday before it pumped and lost? Did they buy back for the week after?) Unless you magically have an insider type news of a Hertz type deal, options trading is a gamble for the vast majority. It's also why RH took in quite a bit from it on it's earning reports.

I should add. There should be a distinction. Some truly gamble and do expiring within 10 or less day contracts. Big money to be gained for less of a buy in. Others may look at $1500 calls for Tesla for 2/22, And not in three days.

I had a buddy gamble on a 2/22 gme $20 put almost a year ago believing there may be a day it truly tanked, or continued to tank. I think he spent $10 lol. There are millions out there dropping a lotto ticket for the big what if.

A lot do options based off earnings dates. They won't exactly do a spread but they'll have a few puts and a few calls. It's truly tricky stuff. I dabbled and got out. The good earnings news dropped a stock price? And sometimes bad news made it move up. It felt random. This Avis news had some movement for a 10% gain, not nearly 200%. I feel whoever was playing with avis calls has been doing so for 5 years and finally hit the lotto (but over the course of 4 straight years of plateaued growth and a loss on calls, they may have finally broken even?)

It's also news based. Tesla didn't pump until the week after modest earnings (where it dropped. How many had calls for the Friday before it pumped and lost? Did they buy back for the week after?) Unless you magically have an insider type news of a Hertz type deal, options trading is a gamble for the vast majority. It's also why RH took in quite a bit from it on it's earning reports.

I should add. There should be a distinction. Some truly gamble and do expiring within 10 or less day contracts. Big money to be gained for less of a buy in. Others may look at $1500 calls for Tesla for 2/22, And not in three days.

I had a buddy gamble on a 2/22 gme $20 put almost a year ago believing there may be a day it truly tanked, or continued to tank. I think he spent $10 lol. There are millions out there dropping a lotto ticket for the big what if.

Did u say tsla had modest earnings? U think it ran almost 30% on a hertz deal? Lol

Pandemic stocks are all 30+% off their highs

NVDA services every single part of the digital Revolution were under.

Go on. Trying to learn more about it. Is it not mainly focused on chips? And with a lack of chips during a pandemic isn’t that what they’re capitalizing most from?

Go on. Trying to learn more about it. Is it not mainly focused on chips? And with a lack of chips during a pandemic isn’t that what they’re capitalizing most from?
Data center growth is limitless
Chip growth is limitless as we see more cars become intelligent, AI, deep learning, gaming, neural networks, etc

just go through the ark big ideas list. Nvda is a supplier for like 70% of those themes.

Did u say tsla had modest earnings? U think it ran almost 30% on a hertz deal? Lol
From vague recollection of the past few weeks, TSLA dropped after hours when their earnings came out. And then they went modestly up the few days after. 7-10% gains in the days after. This led to an amazing Monday for them (was the Hertz news the catalyst?). Lots of people play the earnings and these options that expire the week of these earnings dates. You would've lost big if you played the exact week. You can study and plan but sometimes they have a life of their own and you're better off lucky.

Back
Top Bottom