OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Screenshot_20211122-203127_TikTok.jpg

Buy calls

But avoid doing so at the top of a rally. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I'm so mad at myself for unloading my whole clip yesterday and then seeing everything tumble afterwards. It's honestly one of the worst feelings ever... :angry: :lol: ...feel so violated.

Lessons learned: avoid buying between market opening and noon, don't shoot your whole load in one sitting, be especially wary when adding during a prolonged rally, be patient for the inevitable sell-off that comes at the end of year...etc

Anyone else care to add to these "lessons"? I'm sure we could all benefit from the knowledge.

*sighh*

Last edited:
Getting hammered on roku and baba.think I should keep dca to lower my exposure. Smh been a rough few days

Last edited:
But avoid doing so at the top of a rally. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I'm so mad at myself for unloading my whole clip yesterday and then seeing everything tumble afterwards. It's honestly one of the worst feelings ever... :angry: :lol: ...feel so violated.

Lessons learned: avoid buying between market opening and noon, don't shoot your whole load in one sitting, be especially wary when adding during a prolonged rally, be patient for the inevitable sell-off that comes at the end of year...etc

Anyone else care to add to these "lessons"? I'm sure we could all benefit from the knowledge.

*sighh*

always have a plan

Welp and we’re off.
superantigen superantigen a lesson I’ve learned is when going to put a large some of money in, dca it out. I literally got into a position on Tuesday, saw a little gain and now boom. Will claw and scratch to get back. Luckily I don’t need the money so I can wait it out.

Welp and we’re off.
superantigen superantigen a lesson I’ve learned is when going to put a large some of money in, dca it out. I literally got into a position on Tuesday, saw a little gain and now boom. Will claw and scratch to get back. Luckily I don’t need the money so I can wait it out.
This actually doesn't work by the math. But I get why people do it.

This actually doesn't work by the math. But I get why people do it.

ive seen studies saying both. I’ll just buy slight pull backs on the way up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For me psychologically the one lump sum is tough lol especially on days like today 😂

ive seen studies saying both. I’ll just buy slight pull backs on the way up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For me psychologically the one lump sum is tough lol especially on days like today 😂
Yup exactly. I've come to respect the whole behavioral aspect of finance lately. It's hard to do one big leg in.

Back
Top Bottom