OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

You can paper trade on thinkorswim

You can also use investopedia's simulator to learn. I used that and honestly NT + Googling terms and definitions to learn about options.

ballinsam23 ballinsam23 Like I said to another poster a while back though, be very careful with options. It looks like easy money until you've blown up your account because you're chasing the high.

Gonna take a look at think or swim. Yea from everything I read seems like this is mostly a gamble. Won’t use more than 10% to play with.

oof-old-man.gif

Cohen sold his whole BBBY position...

I'm proud of my sister tho. She actually kept an eye on the stock and sold at 18.something, before I even texted her to tell her the BBBY funeral news. Learning costs money but its always worth something.

That expiring bbby $25 call option for 8/19 will basically expire worthless at $0.50 (pre market not included here. So 100% worthless by open), if bought Thursday. If you bought Wednesday afternoon , it was going for $4.00 almost all day. Many bought at $4.00 expecting another pump. They lost this round.

theres many how to option Robinhood videos out there that lay out the basics. Rh is generally a basic platform so beware. Most tend to trade the contracts and not execute the actual option for those 100 shares. Most tend to gamble on the very near future options, which almost always rely on big news happening around the companies.

A bbby $10 put for next Friday was $0.39 as the market closed Thursday. A lot of people play both sides too. A gamble call here and a gamble put there.
The $10 put has a delta of -0.35. With a $18 loss, we’re looking at an estimated value of now $6.65. That’s $39 invested or gambled to possibly make $665 at market open is enticing. It’s fascinating stuff. Just be careful. Look at the wsb Reddit loss page for a true reality check. For every person selling their $25 bbby contract for $4.00 for a gain before the crash, a real person just bought it for that, as it goes worthless overnight.

Last edited:
I was looking at strangles yesterday but couldn't execute due to previously noted restrictions. Don't want to look at what those 8/26 $20 puts trade for tomorrow :smh:

Any reason to not start an NVDA position before their earnings tomorrow? I don't even know if I can, but they're one of the few companies I've been wanting to add to my Roth and haven't.

Any reason to not start an NVDA position before their earnings tomorrow? I don't even know if I can, but they're one of the few companies I've been wanting to add to my Roth and haven't.

Had a buy order for sub $150 that got triggered today.

Hope my orders for GOOG, AMZN, and AAPL also hit.

Back
Top Bottom