OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Restarted my account this week with $600. 5 straight green days for me this week. Ended the week with a final P/L of 2.1k.

Missed out on a lot of gains closing positions too early but still proud of myself for sticking to my targets.
Fire, I feel like price action this week was pretty tricky

Speaking of China...

A quick $22k this week. Closed out YANG at 30% profit early this morning.

Screenshot_20221026_100933.jpg

Screenshot_20221021-175340_thinkorswim.jpg

Last edited:
Issue w/ China is GAAP earnings

$meta warnings call Zuck says “those who invest will invest with us over long term will be rewarded,” and then the future CFO jumps in with ROI on ad spend for an insulated cup maker:rofl:

Amazon basically back to their pre pandemic price. Everyone investing may be fine if they all just avoided or forgot the last two plus years existed

There's no right or wrong. The markets overreacted during the free money pandemic period. Now we're whiplashing to the opposite end of the spectrum. This is a cycle and we'll move higher once the algos and market makers decide rate hikes and recession fears are over.

There's no right or wrong. The markets overreacted during the free money pandemic period. Now we're whiplashing to the opposite end of the spectrum. This is a cycle and we'll move higher once the algos and market makers decide rate hikes and recession fears are over.

Maybe right and wrong wasn't exactly accurate but p&l is a real thing. You're right, the market has been abnormal for the past couple years. Even in "normal" market conditions its pretty difficult to predict how any particular company is going to do over a 5 year period if you're not an expert in the field. Markets always go up but if you're investing in individual names its never that straightforward.

Maybe right and wrong wasn't exactly accurate but p&l is a real thing. You're right, the market has been abnormal for the past couple years. Even in "normal" market conditions its pretty difficult to predict how any particular company is going to do over a 5 year period if you're not an expert in the field. Markets always go up but if you're investing in individual names its never that straightforward.
Absolutely. Anyone invested in individual names needs to test their investment thesis regularly. Especially during bear markets. Nobody wants to baghold another IBM or INTC because they just happen to be big names. If the company's lost revenue streams and can't figure out how to pivot, dump that ****. META for example.

If I were able to, I'd be adding to my AMZN position now that they're hovering around (maybe dropped under) the $1T market cap mark. This is undervalued and a good entry imo if you've been holding out. NFLX was another valuable recent example of a megacap getting oversold due to overblown fears.

Absolutely. Anyone invested in individual names needs to test their investment thesis regularly. Especially during bear markets. Nobody wants to baghold another IBM or INTC because they just happen to be big names. If the company's lost revenue streams and can't figure out how to pivot, dump that ****. META for example.

You think META is done? Curious if アミーゴ アミーゴ has any info on their long-term outlook. I’m not invested in them, but I gotta think their investment in VR has to pay off eventually. Plus, IG is still holding its own against TikTok (for now).

You think META is done? Curious if アミーゴ アミーゴ has any info on their long-term outlook. I’m not invested in them, but I gotta think their investment in VR has to pay off eventually. Plus, IG is still holding its own against TikTok (for now).
They won't be the same company they were last year, this time next year. They're an advertising platform that's steadily losing a major segment of future spending in zoomers and currently in millennials. IG is their only chance at survival but idk if it'll be the most popular platform in 5 years... or 3 years.
I'm not saying they're dead man walking right now. But I dont have faith in them or their VR/metaverse play to save them.

My strategy… going to continue building positions in individual companies for one more year. After that, everything going to IVV or other index funds.

Back
Top Bottom