OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

$meta building reality labs is akin to $amzn building AWS. Both nascent bets that few understand

Zuck is HIM

$meta building reality labs is akin to $amzn building AWS. Both nascent bets that few understand

Zuck is HIM

I've seen this comparison made elsewhere. However, the follow up contrast argument is that there was a use case and need for AWS while there isn't one for the metaverse. No one is asking for a metaverse. Zuckboi is motivated to build one only because Apple and Goog are eating his lunch and he needs to create a space where only he can control the data and profit.

I'll definitely pick up a few shares of META for the lottery potential, but i won't hold my breath.

I've seen this comparison made elsewhere. However, the follow up contrast argument is that there was a use case and need for AWS while there isn't one for the metaverse. No one is asking for a metaverse. Zuckboi is motivated to build one only because Apple and Goog are eating his lunch and he needs to create a space where only he can control the data and profit.

I'll definitely pick up a few shares of META for the lottery potential, but i won't hold my breath.

Bezos billed AWS as an "a public commodity with unlimited demand"

I'd reckon holograms (AR) and real presence view (VR) are analogous

But the logic above is thinking by analogy and not first principles

First principles: Metaverse is not a Minecraft/Roblox style game, but instead a platform accessed via many forms of tech (mobile, AR, VR, desktop)

Reminds me of apple. Create a problem them sell the solution to said problem.

Everyone is just following Apple's playbook at this point.

One more month to load up? JPow basically telling the congressional dems to go **** themselves with this conference.

final_6362d87c49916600193b35db_762150.gif

Last edited:
So... tech going down?

Twitter laying off thousands, Meta the same, as well as a lot of other tech / SF / startups

I work at Meta. 11k got cut today, multiple of my coworkers. Hate to see it.

Sooo... now's not the time to ask for a job referral? Jk.

Anyway, I take it you've been spared then? Do you think more layoffs are coming? Also, what your honest opinion on MZ's meta pivot and cash burn?

Sooo... now's not the time to ask for a job referral? Jk.

Anyway, I take it you've been spared then? Do you think more layoffs are coming? Also, what your honest opinion on MZ's meta pivot and cash burn?

Yeah made it out for now but I do think more cuts are coming. They will be trimming cost with office space and perk cuts as well. The layoffs weren’t the surprising part for me, what threw me of is my team was affected. I’m on the infrastructure data center team and we didn’t freeze our hiring when the majority of the company did so they made it seem like we were good. Now we’re taking a deeper dive into our infrastructure and the need for capacity, so that’s alarming.

Honest opinion on the meta verse? Lol I’m not the right person to ask but it feels like they are trying to solve a problem that doesn’t exist. No idea if it works or not.

Back
Top Bottom