OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Up 10k the past 2 weeks. Strong way to end the year.

1000005243.png

Wouldn’t an election year plus fed cutting rates make
2024 hella choppy? Would be shocked if we end the year close to average gains.
Not if you use history as a guide. Outside of your exogenous shocks (Tech Bubble, GFC, Great Depression, etc), the market finishes up during election years.

The market also rallies during a cutting cycle

"Looking at soft landings even more broadly, the S&P 500 typically rallies by roughly 15% on average in the 12 months after the first cut (going back to 1965)"

I really don't think 10% is unreasonable.

Not if you use history as a guide. Outside of your exogenous shocks (Tech Bubble, GFC, Great Depression, etc), the market finishes up during election years.

The market also rallies during a cutting cycle

"Looking at soft landings even more broadly, the S&P 500 typically rallies by roughly 15% on average in the 12 months after the first cut (going back to 1965)"

I really don't think 10% is unreasonable.

Average election year is ~11%

Im looking at the inversion of the yield curve plus a slowly upward trending unemployment rate/claims.

If this soft landing is actually achieved, Powell gonna go down as an all time great

Crazy how the theme going into 2023 was recession and fear, and it was an above average year for gains. Now no one thinks there will be a recession, and watch it happen.

Average election year is ~11%

Im looking at the inversion of the yield curve plus a slowly upward trending unemployment rate/claims.

If this soft landing is actually achieved, Powell gonna go down as an all time great

Crazy how the theme going into 2023 was recession and fear, and it was an above average year for gains. Now no one thinks there will be a recession, and watch it happen.
I think they got it. The market is too efficient now, we've figured out most of it as a society:

Its why I just buy VOO now. Legit cannot go wrong. Few will beat it over the long term, alpha in the public markets is effectively dead IMO. More luck for most.

What stocks you're looking into for 2024?

Mine is Nikola: NKLA. Looking to accumulate at its current levels starting when market opens.

Though there's some headwinds and a lot of concerns with the company overall, I cannot get over the fact that they are the first movers of clean energy trucking along side hydrogen fueling and network. This is a triple combo with functioning product compared to the gravity truck they rolled a years ago with the former founder.

I personally got the witness the Tre Bev in the wild and was blown away.

If they can get management/ company in the right direction.. they can be a behemoth of a company. Atleast a 100x if everything pans out along side the adoption of hydrogen fueling.

Basically what Tesla has done with batteries and charging network.. Nikola is doing with Hydrogen and their hydrogen network.

The risk reward is high however. Bankruptcy or to the moon.

What stocks you're looking into for 2024?

Mine is Nikola: NKLA. Looking to accumulate at its current levels starting when market opens.

Though there's some headwinds and a lot of concerns with the company overall, I cannot get over the fact that they are the first movers of clean energy trucking along side hydrogen fueling and network. This is a triple combo with functioning product compared to the gravity truck they rolled a years ago with the former founder.

I personally got the witness the Tre Bev in the wild and was blown away.

If they can get management/ company in the right direction.. they can be a behemoth of a company. Atleast a 100x if everything pans out along side the adoption of hydrogen fueling.

Basically what Tesla has done with batteries and charging network.. Nikola is doing with Hydrogen and their hydrogen network.

The risk reward is high however. Bankruptcy or to the moon.
We got beef now.

NKLA is a trash vaporware shell company that the founder used to launder money and defraud investors. The day Nikola dies is a day closer to having good alternative-fuel companies get the private funding they need and deserve.

Or NKLA proves the entire universal laws of physics wrong and gets a semi truck to create perpetual energy after a slow downhill roll, and ends the world energy crisis in a single swoop and I look like the biggest idiot in the world.

Ahhh I see your stance now.. I would tend to agree with this back when Trevor Milton was in charge. However, as of today the company has made significant progress and really made breakthrough with the fuel cell engineering imo. The Fuel cell truck is a real thing with real customers. The Trevor Milton fiasco is behind them IMO.

With my personal seeing this on the HWY near the port of Long Beach, while hauling cargo.. my stance change from there. It was incredible to see.

Only concern I have is their cash on hand and cash burn. Would they be able to stay afloat with their current stock price ? Would they be able to raise capital without further dilution?..
Can they stay market compliant and staying above $1.. those are my concerns.. and not the product or the founder fiasco.

Last edited:
Nah I have no feelings towards NKLA now. Theyre still vaporware imo but hey, I'm not actively rooting for them to lose anymore.

My dumbass held some PINS through the downturn and hoping it would make a come back (cause I was running with everything for the longrun mindset). At the end of 2023, it was back up in the green and finally decided to dump it. Too many ups and downs and better to end in green even for a miniscule amount.

My dumbass held some PINS through the downturn and hoping it would make a come back (cause I was running with everything for the longrun mindset). At the end of 2023, it was back up in the green and finally decided to dump it. Too many ups and downs and better to end in green even for a miniscule amount.

What are we buying today?

Back
Top Bottom