OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Stock I jumped into today, hoping to make 5%-10% on this.

This is the breakout that I missed today, being too conservative.  Believe it has more left in it but I don't like buying stocks after 8% days.

This is the same stock as the one above, except a weekly view rather than daily.  As you can see, it clearly broke it's bearish pattern and is beginning a bull pattern.  I'll be investing again in it's next uptick cycle. 

Last edited:
edit: QTWW new 52 week high

Last edited:
I hate half days for the stock market...they always trade so strangely, at least in my opinion.  Have a great Christmas everyone.

SFUN giving me an early Christmas present, shouts to China.

Twitter out here caking off speculation though, the companies vitals aren't that great but hype is all you need sometimes

TWTR going to give traders a nice pullback soon. I do not want to miss this opportunity for a short. Chart is getting overextended

Freaky, I'm not going to jump in front on it. My plan is to wait for lower highs and/or topping action intraday then short this back down for a day trade only. Ideal is gap up and rush to 75 for a fade to 70 or lower. It may or may not happen tomorrow. Fact is the chart is extended and needs to digest these gains via a pullback sooner or later. It is getting near extreme overbought territory. Parabolic/overextended charts are my favorite type of setup for day trade short sales

Freaky, I'm not going to jump in front on it. My plan is to wait for lower highs and/or topping action intraday then short this back down for a day trade only. Ideal is gap up and rush to 75 for a fade to 70 or lower. It may or may not happen tomorrow. Fact is the chart is extended and needs to digest these gains via a pullback sooner or later. It is getting near extreme overbought territory. Parabolic/overextended charts are my favorite type of setup for day trade short sales

You might be right, it's just not worth the risk IMO. The momentum is very strong. I'd rather look for a short elsewhere.

BBRY is having it's first down day (-2%) since it's unexplained up trend after releasing bad earnings.  I'm not playing it but I think it is probably a good short.  It went up almost 20% on bad news.

EDIT: Down 5.8% now. 

Last edited:
Twitter got some short 74.50s.. Looking like a double top intraday at 74.70s. Just monitoring the price action for now; need 73 to give out

I fudged the cover on the TWTR short.. covered in 72.80s for 1.70ish gain per share. I was looking to cover closer to 70 than it went

Edit: there was clearly a bottoming tail/pivotal point on the breach of 71 but I was too biased and looking for more. Got greedy

Last edited:
I got this info from my fathers friend...... Is this common sense and something that everyone does? Is it hard to do?

Here is the advice -
just look for breakout companies that are in a confirmed uptrend ..look for key buy points and get out with a 20-30% return within 20 days the risk reward ratio is about 80/20, so you are going to win way more than lose .....

Back
Top Bottom