OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

My buddy bought 10k worth just under 200 per bitcoin. Been telling him to get out near 1k and lock in profits then get back in on dips. I'm all about realizing gains then buying back in if I want to. Maybe that is just my short term (trader vs investor) mindset :nerd:

^ Ford that almost looks like a bear flag on the daily chart starting with the big down day on 12/3

Sold my FNMA 2.60 shares at 2.64 for minimal gain. Looking weak lately and no volume. Will wait for re-entry

bought TWTR at $40 last week, sold today at $48. made up the money i loss on NUAN.. f that stock (NUAN)!

Think gold may have bottomed here. Will be eyeing GDX for swing entries. Also watching NUGT but more risky since leveraged 3x.

GSS could run with a bounce in gold. Looking to put the money from Fannie Mae trades to work in this name - chart looks ready for a move soon. Good risk vs reward setup

fslr getting close to that 50 day, hopefully it bounces well. i averaged down a little but not much. my cost basis is now $58.20.

Last edited:
Any of you guys sell calls? I'm thinking of maybe selling a call or two in FSLR but I've never traded options. I read up on this and from what I grasp if the I sell a call for this week and December 13 passes and FSLR is above the strike price it expires and I keep the premium and my shares. Is that correct? Do I have to do anything else? What's the risk involved here and theoretically how deep in the money should I go?

Any of you guys sell calls? I'm thinking of maybe selling a call or two in FSLR but I've never traded options. I read up on this and from what I grasp if the I sell a call for this week and December 13 passes and FSLR is above the strike price it expires and I keep the premium and my shares. Is that correct? Do I have to do anything else? What's the risk involved here and theoretically how deep in the money should I go?

You would want the stock price to be under the strike to expire worthless. The risk of writing calls in theory, is unlimited because the stock price can go as high as it goes. You do not need to own the shares to write options but then you will be writing them naked. However there's spreads and straddles you can do. Like the bull call spread, you are long XYZ. Buy XYZ calls at $100 strike, sell the XYZ calls at 115 strike to offset some of the calls you bought. But since options are fungible, you can buy them to cover if it turns on you and you wish to cut your loses or just close the position to lock in profit. But probability wise most of the money is made on the writers side, trading options is generally a suckers game.

Thanks Freaky. I got a lot to learn still on that end.

I just read my post, and it's not as eloquent as I initially thought. It's the best I can do on 2 hours of sleep. But yeah look into the different types of spreads and straddles, that's what you want for defined risk.

Low risk spot to get in gold. Possible bottom or shall I say double bottom on GLD. I kind of have a conviction about this. Started a swing position in GSS so far and going to look into GG long term calls

I added another 70 shares of FSLR. Pretty much done averaging down. Best I could do for now looks like a cost basis of 57.66. We'll see how this goes. I'm probably done day trading till Christmas haha.

GDX still looking weak. Guess that +4% day was a fluke?

Gonna look for entry into TSL again

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom