Official Super Bowl XLVI Thread: New England Patriots vs New York Giants (Rematch) Feb 5th

Farve
laugh.gif

...and I love Farve, the legendary interception gunslinger, reckless
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

anyway...is anyone considering going to Indy? i've got a friend that wants to go even if we can't get tickets to the game. im not sure though, i LOVE a good superbowl party with friends

Hotels in the area are already at 700 a night, you'd have to get a room about 25 miles away just to get a room for $100-150 a night.

I'd like to go but what is there to do around there? I'd probably like to make a few stops along the way like Chicago.

I'm cool with the laughing at Favre, Roger and Bart. But Peyton and Marino deserve to be on any list

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Hotels in the area are already at 700 a night, you'd have to get a room about 25 miles away just to get a room for $100-150 a night.
indifferent.gif

yeah i mean really would rather stay in boston and watch with drunken irish and italian people
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, most of you guys have only seen nyj or mn Brett. You guys have no clue about the mechanics of a qb.

tell me why bart and roger shouldn't be considered top 10, go ahead.

We are addressing individuals not amount of rings.

Ya'll telling me derek fisher is a better ball player than patrick chewing?

Let's see you guys post your top 5 or 10 instead of jumping to conclusions.

playoffs always bring people out of the general forum and into S&T where they waste ZERO time in showing their "brilliance"...

Post your top 10 qbs Ace.

I'm willing to have a civil discussion.

and like I said It's not like TB12 isnt near top 10. he just doesnt fit in MY top 10

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

and like I said It's not like TB12 isnt near top 10. he just doesnt fit in MY top 10
EXACTLY in your top 10, it's all opinion.
and Brady is universally in everyone's top 10, I don't get how you cannot have him especially if he win's his 4th and even if he doesn't, 3 rings, 5 super bowl appearances.

and in your case SB aren't everything, his regular season numbers are crazy as well, with no real running game, one great WR for a two year period (Moss). I don't get what your trying to compare him to and why you want to bring the man down so badly.

Bruh Bruh I've been going to Packers games since the Majik Man was at QB... Brett might not even have been as good as Aaron Rodgers is right now.
laugh.gif
Thats my opinion from watching my team since Favre was in his prime...

Once upon a time you could make a Favre for GOAT argument but that day as long since passed.

the patriots have only beat one 500 team all year? and that was a few days ago?

beat a terrible joke offense in Tebow broncos and an average ravens offense? makes me feel like giants should be favored.

Your top 10 sucks tho. 

Montana
Marino
Young
Favre
Aikman
Unitas
Elway
Peyton
Staubach
Starr

Names you read out of a book.  The @#$% do you know about Bart Starr dude?  What your granddaddy told you?  Mechanics?  What mechanics?  The 11 throws he made a game back in that era were that impressive to you? 

You pickin old school names, just to name names.  They didn't do a damn thing back then that's done today or even in the 80's/90's.  They played 11 on 11, same dudes, same 15 plays, etc etc.  Now you have 1,500 plays, 50 different formations, dime packages, nickel, zones, blitzes, corners, safeties, lineman drop backs, 4-3, 3-4, 6 DB's, 2 Dlineman, none of that stuff exsisted back then.  But they are much better than what Brady does? 
laugh.gif

And before you come back, I'm one that thinks today's rules make it too damn easy for QB's, as evidenced by like 7 cats goin for 4,500 yards in one season when entire decades before didn't get 7 4,500's.  So I am NOT saying that today's QB's are superior to any other era, I'm only speaking on what they deal with today, vs what guys did not have to face back then. 

And what in the hell makes Aikman better than Brees, Rodgers or Brady? 
laugh.gif
  Come on man.  What, he has a better arm slot?  Better spirals?

Go drop the 60's QB's and come back and try again, this time be logical. 

You said Troy Aikman is in your Top 10, but Tom Brady isn't.
  • Troy Aikman was 94-71 as a starter. Tom Brady is 124-35 as a starter.
  • Troy Aikman had a 61.5% completion percentage. Tom Brady has a 63.5% completion percentage.
  • Troy Aikman threw for 32942 yards. Tom Brady has thrown for 39979 yards.
  • Troy Aikman threw 165 TDs. Tom Brady has thrown for 300 TDs.
  • Troy Aikman threw 141 interceptions. Tom Brady has only thrown 115 interceptions.
  • Troy Aikman had a career QB rating of 81.6. Tom Brady has a career QB rating of 96.4.
  • Troy Aikman went to six Pro Bowls. Tom Brady has gone to seven Pro Bowls.
  • Troy Aikman was never an NFL MVP. Tom Brady has been an NFL MVP twice.
  • Troy Aikman was a Super Bowl MVP. Tom Brady has been a Super Bowl MVP twice.
  • Troy Aikman has 3 Super Bowl rings. So does Tom Brady.
Please, explain to me how Troy Aikman was a better QB than Tom Brady.

We are addressing individuals not amount of rings.

No one thinks this way, on this board.  Might as well save your time.

Completion percentage aside (over-rated stat), no way Aikman comes close to Tom Brady
laugh.gif

thats just false, xtogcsgcg whatever his name iswould rather have 5 imaginary rings than be kobe

plenty of ppl here dont care just about rings

Well not everyone, of course
laugh.gif
. I don't care for rings either (In the argument) but a lot of people do.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

anyway...is anyone considering going to Indy? i've got a friend that wants to go even if we can't get tickets to the game. im not sure though, i LOVE a good superbowl party with friends
my brother in law is a lifetime 49ers fan and he planned to go down if they won...I prob would have had to join

i wish this was a Florida superbowl... i'd go no problem-

The arrogance of Pats fans has been annoying me for so damn long...I hope we win again, the silence on my Facebook feed after Super Bowl XLII was priceless.

Back
Top Bottom