Official Super Bowl XLVI Thread: New England Patriots vs New York Giants (Rematch) Feb 5th

124-35 though ???
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That Aikman/Brady comparison is laughable
laugh.gif

And I know the game has changed, but I looked up Bart Starr's stats.. how can people compare the QBs of the 1960's to today? Guy averaged 126 yards passing per game.
laugh.gif
I'm sure he was phenomenal, but damn.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

And I know the game has changed, but I looked up Bart Starr's stats.. how can people compare the QBs of the 1960's to today? Guy averaged 126 yards passing per game.
laugh.gif

Check his posts . Dudes clearly trolling in all his posts

laugh.gif
Opposite of that sentiment although unrelated to original topic (not that this thread has been on topic past the first couple of pages...), peep Don Hutsons receiving numbers from 1939-1945
eek.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif

This is why I don't even mention some of these players, I wasn't born or around to watch. I'm not gonna do a top 10 but if I did, MY top 10 wouldn't have Starr, Unitas or Starbauch because I've never seen anything other than highlights and the times were so different.

Ok let's look at basketball for example.

If someone has never seen MJ play, they can say well he played in a diff league and i never saw him so therefore he's laughable to be in my top 10? You gonna say he's not GOAT. You gonna tell me Kobe the best when all u saw was Wiz MJ?

Also, there is something intangible I add to when considering top players.

And how you gonna say my top 10 is MY opinion and people talking about Universal lists?????

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

laugh.gif

LOL what  do you mean????? Me?????
victorcruz.jpg

trollface.jpg

Tom Brady is looking to do something only Eli Manning has done....throw for 8 TDs in the playoffs twice....

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

laugh.gif

LOL what  do you mean????? Me?????
victorcruz.jpg

trollface.jpg

roll.gif

25th January, 2012 - 8:18 am
bal_pp.gif
CBS Philadelphia -

Billy Cundiff was confused by what down it was when he ran out onto the field to try and kick the game-tying field goal in Sunday's AFC Championship Game between the Ravens and Patriots.

According to Baltimore kicking consultant Randy Brown, it wasn't Cundiff's fault that he was confused.

"The scoreboard was one down behind, the entire last three plays, from what we understand," Brown said.

That caused Billy Cundiff to have to rush on to the field with just seconds left on the play clock to try and make the kick, which he missed.

When Brown was asked if he thought the Patriots did it it on purpose to gain an advantage, Brown replied, "I don't think you can rule anything out in New England, can you?" [READ]
Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_wire...atriots_cheating_in_title_game/#ixzz1kV5ryk7L
http://football.realgm.com/src_wire...atriots_cheating_in_title_game/#ixzz1kV5ryk7L

roll.gif

EDIT: they should have used their timeout. and the down marker on the field was correct. AND harbaugh knew the correct down, he's on TV asking the ref

Updated: January 24, 2012, 8:00 PM ET

[h2]Bernard Pollard: Pats-killer rep 'fine'[/h2]

By Mike Reiss
ESPNBoston.com

http://search.espn.go.com/mike-reiss/

Ravens safety Bernard Pollard says that he hopes the Giants thrash the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Baltimore Ravens safety Bernard Pollard on Tuesday lashed out at the New England Patriots, saying his reputation for injuring Patriots players was "fine and dandy" and that he hoped "the Giants put a thrashing on the Patriots" in Super Bowl XLVI.

While playing with the Kansas City Chiefs, Pollard inflicted the 2008 hit on quarterback Tom Brady that tore his ACL, was the nearest opposing player in the vicinity when receiver Wes Welker tore his ACL a season later (when playing with the Houston Texans) and most recently injured tight end Rob Gronkowski's ankle in Sunday's AFC Championship game.

"It's part of the game," Pollard said in an interview with Houston radio station KILT. "If you don't like it, so what? I am going to go out there and I'm going to play me."

He also twice referred to the Patriots as having a "dinking and dunking" offense.

"If the game got to overtime, we knew we were going to the Super Bowl," Pollard said of Sunday's AFC Championship game, which the Patriots won thanks to a missed Ravens field goal in the final seconds and a dropped pass in the end zone two plays earlier. "I think we played a really good game. We had some things where we made some mistakes or whatever, but just for the most part, dinking and dunking wasn't going to win in 22 seconds (if the Ravens scored and the Patriots got the ball back."

He also predicted the Patriots would have a hard time with the Giants in the Super Bowl.

"To lose to a team like (the Patriots), the way we played. We played a good game," Pollard said. "You have to look at what the Giants have -- they have a front four that's relentless, they have a secondary that is really, really good. They have a linebacking corps that has been with them. The (Patriots') dinking and dunking, man, it's just not going to happen. They're going to have to take shots down the field."

Mike Reiss covers the Patriots for ESPNBoston.com.

this guy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

1z3mfk9.jpg

Air273 wrote:
Tom Brady is looking to do something only Eli Manning has done....throw for 8 TDs in the playoffs twice....
when else?

I stand corrected Tom Brady has never thrown for more than 6 TDs in the playoffs
eek.gif
(granted he has never played in 4 playoff games in a playoff year) and his QB rating in the playoffs is the same as Eli's

So Eli Manning who I keep hearing only got this far this year and 4 years ago was his great defense has thrown for 8 TDs and 1 int twice in the playoffs.....not too bad for a "game manager"
roll.gif

Nobody thinks Eli sucks or is not a game manager (term that makes little sense as a negative anyway). We know he is pretty good

For the second time in four years I am forced to burn in my own sports hell as a Jets fan, watching the Giants and Pats slug it out for the Super Bowl. This year however is tenfold worse than 2007. After two consecutive championship disappointments THIS WAS TO BE THE YEAR. Rex could say whatever he wanted because, dammit, we were gonna do it! We were gonna take the division from the Pats, and even had the rare luxury of sticking it to the Giants on our march to the big game! Fast forward five agonizing months, though, and my greatest fears have been realized.

On the one hand, a Patriots Super Bowl win would be yet another reminder that the Patriots are our Daddy, the Yankees to our Pedro. The dream that their evil empire was broken was just that — a dream. But a Giants win would mean we Jets fans will be engulfed in a hellish "jokes on you, fatboy" world. While the opening of The Dark Night Rises trailer has offered a glimmer of hope, I fear that the chances the field collapses into the ground are slim. So who should this shamed Jets fan want to lose more?

— Rami L.

The Self-Aware Jets Fan:
"Giants. Fans easily less obnoxious than Pats fans … and Jets fans know about being obnoxious."
Is just about where I'm at.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

bal_pp.gif
CBS Philadelphia -

Billy Cundiff was confused by what down it was when he ran out onto the field to try and kick the game-tying field goal in Sunday's AFC Championship Game between the Ravens and Patriots.

According to Baltimore kicking consultant Randy Brown, it wasn't Cundiff's fault that he was confused.

"The scoreboard was one down behind, the entire last three plays, from what we understand," Brown said.

That caused Billy Cundiff to have to rush on to the field with just seconds left on the play clock to try and make the kick, which he missed.

When Brown was asked if he thought the Patriots did it it on purpose to gain an advantage, Brown replied, "I don't think you can rule anything out in New England, can you?" [READ]
Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_wire...atriots_cheating_in_title_game/#ixzz1kV5ryk7L
http://football.realgm.com/src_wire...atriots_cheating_in_title_game/#ixzz1kV5ryk7L
Patriots still go about their cheating ways, SMH.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

bal_pp.gif
CBS Philadelphia -

Patriots still go about their cheating ways, SMH.

Scoreboard operators are hired and controlled by the NFL and further, to quote PFT's Mike Florio, official down information is kept at field level, on those big orange sticks with the large number that reads 1, 2, 3, or 4.  Cheer up champ, maybe next year.

Back
Top Bottom