Official Super Bowl XLVI Thread: New England Patriots vs New York Giants (Rematch) Feb 5th

Clay sounding salty on the Mike Lupica show. "it was more about us losing than the giants beating us... not to take anything away from them."

sit down

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

the line is there to make sure there's no landslide of money on one side-

arguments can be made about how the Giants are on fire, will chew that secondary etc etc but that wouldn't stop the public from pounding NE as a underdog and books possibly taking a bath on the game

anyways it's FRIDAY...the weekend is finally here
pimp.gif

liquor store, bj's and stop and shop tonight 
laugh.gif

Makes sense. Thanks.

After further thought, I can see why we'd be underdogs. I forget that we snuck into the playoffs.
yea the Giants had alot of injuries and stuff and really snuck in and caught ALOT of breaks to be here...but they caught fire at the right time and beat up the NFC side of the bracket and now they are one game away

Breaks?....as opposed to NE, we had probably the toughest regular season schedule, with key injuries throughout the regular season....the team fought its way into the superbowl bro....why is so hard to give credit here credit is due...honestly we couldn't ask for a more exciting match up, this is very personal to both teams, which will pan out for an awesome game.

Food for thought taken from ProFootballTalk.com. Link to story here.

Luck remains the most overlooked factor in what decides a champion.

Giants G.M. Jerry Reese had a great quote this week that spoke to how things outside of a team’s control can often make all the difference in deciding public perception. Or even a season.

“Last year we win 10 games and we don’t qualify for the tournament and you’re not that smart,

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Clay sounding salty on the Mike Lupica show. "it was more about us losing than the giants beating us... not to take anything away from them."

sit down

The small respect I had for dude is gone. You can't take your loss as a man and give credit where credit is do ? Lame

Sounds like Indy has been a great host city from all I read and hear. Nice job to them, hopefully they get another and Pitts there

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Makes sense. Thanks.

After further thought, I can see why we'd be underdogs. I forget that we snuck into the playoffs.
yea the Giants had alot of injuries and stuff and really snuck in and caught ALOT of breaks to be here...but they caught fire at the right time and beat up the NFC side of the bracket and now they are one game away

Breaks?....as opposed to NE, we had probably the toughest regular season schedule, with key injuries throughout the regular season....the team fought its way into the superbowl bro....why is so hard to give credit here credit is due...honestly we couldn't ask for a more exciting match up, this is very personal to both teams, which will pan out for an awesome game.
laugh.gif
please stop- i know you like to go back and forth and all that but nowhere in my post was i saying giants had more breaks or didn't deserve credit or any of that...the discussion started about the line and if you look at it from w/l record, public perception etc etc then

yes i said they caught alot of breaks...i also said they caught fire and beat up the best the NFC had to offer but it looks like you skipped that part or that doesn't count as giving credit

i agree the game will be crazy...it will be a tough matchup and honestly i was rooting for the 9ers cause i felt we had a better shot

Love when people mention breaks as if they've never seen an NFL game. Youu always need hard play, good talent, and breaks along the way to make it this far..... but you create your own breaks.

Its crazy looking at the schedules that the best QB the Pats have faced since they lost to the GMen, was in fact Mark Sanchez, and that was probably the worst QB the GMen faced during that same span
laugh.gif

I see the GMen running game (meant to add this) and Victor Cruz playing a big factor this game especially if the Pats put extra guys back to stop the trio of WR's. Jacobs/Bradshaw will have lanes to run vs the Pats defense....but they must pass first to set up the run and not the other way around.
GMen avoid any turnovers and I like their chances, just have to play their game.

Mez 0ne wrote:
I see the GMen and Victor Cruz playing a big factor this game especially if the Pats put extra guys back to stop the trio of WR's. Jacobs/Bradshaw will have lanes to run vs the Pats defense....but they must pass first to set up the run and not the other way around.   
I like the Giants chances of winning this because of th Pats not really having an answer for Cruz, the front line of the Giants d vs. the Pats O-line which is pretty dinged up, & not having Gronk at full strength. I still can't give them the lock though because the evil emperor that he is, Bellicheck is such a great game planner & having Tom as his QB...

I do not want to see any more "I'm going to Disney World commercials by Eli Manning".

I love Aaron Hernandez, the cat is mad cool. His TD dance is fresh to death, and it's the sickest on ever.

Julian Edelman is a stunt man. He'll fake blitz, he'll line up and confuse ELI, and ELI will look dumb founded as he normally looks. More so, when Julian blitzes from the outside, and gets a sack is when peeps will realize how good he is! LOL

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I do not want to see any more "I'm going to Disney World commercials by Eli Manning".

I love Aaron Hernandez, the cat is mad cool. His TD dance is fresh to death, and it's the sickest on ever.

Julian Edelman is a stunt man. He'll fake blitz, he'll line up and confuse ELI, and ELI will look dumb founded as he normally looks. More so, when Julian blitzes from the outside, and gets a sack is when peeps will realize how good he is! LOL

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

http://www.thehomeplanet....well_smart__confused.gif src="http://www.thehomeplanet.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/maxwell_smart__confused.gif">

Tell me the truth, ELI does not look one bit like a constapated sundusky like fool ?!

New-York-Giants-Eli-Manning-bleeds-after-being-sacked-and-hit-in-the-head-at-New-Meadowlands-Stadium-in-New-Jersey_2.jpg

medium_52475486EA014_kung.JPG

SUNDUSKY

It's sad when ppl just say things to just say things. Nothing left to say about the game but still comes with the empty posts void of any substance.

Don't care who picks who. Sunday cannot come fast enough. Enjoy the weekend all NE and Giant fans!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom