Official Supreme Thread; F/W14; FAQ ON PG 1; vol. End of F/W Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from Texas and I feel the same way. It's more of a Southern thing when it comes to tradition, but that doesn't mean the north is excluded. More important than tradition and the thrill of the hunt is the food aspect. Do you know how filled your fridge/freezer gets from a deer? It'll last you a while, with quality meat. Not to sound like a hipster or one of those organic knowitalls, but have you tried wild game? It's on a different level compared to the processed slaughterhouse meat we eat everyday.

Hunting is basically an excuse for fat old dudes to escape their wives for a weekend, get wasted up in a cabin, and shoot the **** with some buds for a weekend. Killing an animal is incidental or lucky at best.  
So what is fishing? I understand where you all are coming from but unless none of you have ever eaten an animal then I don't know how you can preach about the killing of one. and to get back to the Supreme discussion, I super don't understand why the people are talking **** to a guy who just wants to buy a little Preme piece to take hunting. By the same "why not just go get real hunting gear" argument, then none of you should be buying $150 hoodies because they have a box logo on it when Wal-Mart has similarly warm hoodies for $20. I guess what I'm getting at with all this is I don't know why people can't just let people like what they like. It's not like the dude is looking for a mask to go rob stores with, he's just trying to stunt a little in his own way (which we all do) in the type of things he likes to do.

Last edited:
I'm from Texas and I feel the same way. It's more of a Southern thing when it comes to tradition, but that doesn't mean the north is excluded. More important than tradition and the thrill of the hunt is the food aspect. Do you know how filled your fridge/freezer gets from a deer? It'll last you a while, with quality meat. Not to sound like a hipster or one of those organic knowitalls, but have you tried wild game? It's on a different level compared to the processed slaughterhouse meat we eat everyday.
Not to mention the fact that it is a more sustainable lifestyle for many. I don't hunt really, but I let people do what they do and try not to judge them for it. If you don't like hunting, just move on, no need to come in here and talk **** about something that you don't get. On the flip side, I think it was pretty unnecessary for dudes to come in here posting up their kill shots. That's sure to incite the discussion that we're having right now.

Last edited:
I'm talking about where we came from and how hunting as a sport connects some people with that. I agree with you that if you don't eat the meat it is basically a senseless act. I assume many people that taxidermy their killed would eat the meat they got from it. Who doesn't like the sound of a fresh bison burger or some venison? I understand very well how humanity progresses and without such an important source of nutrition we likely would have become extinct many years ago. Same goes for plants, but I don't call the harvesting of corn a senseless murder. Let's just call a spade a spade. Hunting for sport is really not as "pathetic" as you're saying it is, although like I said, I agree it becomes a little bit more questionable when you just kill for the fun of killing. Sounds like The Most Dangerous Game. At the end of the day, all I'm saying is don't come in here acting better than such and such just because you don't understand why other people enjoy hunting (hint: it has little to nothing to do with murdering animals). Call me a fox news anchor all you want, I'm just speaking my mind and I am terribly sorry that you cannot accept my point of view as a valid one when you hold your own in such high regard.
You just FOXed me so hard jesus. Turn it on me when your the one that took my words and ranted about nothing i said.

You just FOXed me so hard jesus. Turn it on me when your the one that took my words and ranted about nothing i said.
I thought my comments were pretty intellectually sound. All you got is insults calling me a fox news anchor. I'll wait for an intelligent response (unfortunately, that means you can't call me Fox for the third time... shucks).

I thought my comments were pretty intellectually sound. All you got is insults calling me a fox news anchor. I'll wait for an intelligent response (unfortunately, that means you can't call me Fox for the third time... shucks).

NOTHING I SAID. lol is it that hard to understand. Idc care enough to write a novel sorry.

Would trading a 3m pullover for the zip up be fair straight across, or would I (pullover) have to add $?

Last edited:
Today, we mourn the death of the Supreme thread. It was a good thread. It taught us all many things about being Humans of New York. It taught us how to love again. Most of all, it taught us to teach others how to be taught. This thread is survived by its brother, the Stussy thread and its parents, the Fashion Thread and the Streetwear Thread. Supreme Thread will be remembered for what it was, and not for what it had become.

Supreme Thread FW14 (2014-2014) RIP

Hunting is basically an excuse for fat old dudes to escape their wives for a weekend, get wasted up in a cabin, and shoot the **** with some buds for a weekend. Killing an animal is incidental or lucky at best.  
not sure if srs

growing up our family would go on camping/hunting trips every fall/winter. deer/bear/rabbit/quail, depending on the season. 

]if youve ever been out a hunting trip you would know its pretty physically demanding. i dont think too many " fat old dudes" would be able to carry a deer carcass up and down terrain for a few miles to get back to camp. 

experiences are great, now if youve never done it...you shouldnt talk like an expert about it

Holy crap we just turned the Sup thread into a moral debate. Here's one most non hunters DONT know. If it weren't for hunters the wildlife population would go through the roof. Ppl would be running over dear n crying their dog was eaten by a bear. They have "seasons" so that animals are not hunted into extinction, if the population of an animal is low there would be no season that year. Hunters and groups they belong to are mostly animal lovers and care about their wildlife. If it wasn't for them the whitetail deer would be endangered in the north east

NOTHING I SAID. lol is it that hard to understand. Idc care enough to write a novel sorry.
The amazing thing about intellectual discussion is I can bring up NEW things. I have more options than just referencing things that were already said. But what would I know, I'm just a silly news anchor.

not sure if srs

growing up our family would go on camping/hunting trips every fall/winter. deer/bear/rabbit/quail, depending on the season. 

]if youve ever been out a hunting trip you would know its pretty physically demanding. i dont think too many " fat old dudes" would be able to carry a deer carcass up and down terrain for a few miles to get back to camp. 

experiences are great, now if youve never done it...you shouldnt talk like an expert about it
Exactly. It's all good and well if you have hunted and don't like it or don't appreciate it or are disgusted by it. But don't make arguments about something you'e never done. It's ignorant to do otherwise.

Before u rant how hunting is no longer relevant u should do a little research bc thers more to it than eating them n wearing the fur.

It's bogo season no it's rabbit season
 shoot and miss season
post-44536-a-million-ways-to-die-in-the-w-r2ld.gif

Last edited:
It's where we come from. It's how we exist today. If hunting never existed, you likely wouldn't either... It was a means of providing food for a family. Today, it still can serve that purpose. People who think we should never kill animals can go be vegan now or forever hold their peace because they live in a skewed perception of the world and not the reality of it. Every time you buy chicken at the grocery store.... you get the picture. Hunting is actually MORE humane than most of the factory farms you get your meat from today. So to say that hunting is somehow barbaric is extremely hypocritical coming from a society that eats the flesh of animals that have basically been tortured their whole life only to be slaughtered and served in plastic packaging.

/rant

SupreMerica

RT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom