***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

36480.webp

Some are dope, like this one ...

I've already started doing research, but I'm heading to LA next week for a few days and might be looking to get a single session piece done (forearm).

Any suggestions on places to check out that might not be booked out for weeks/months in advance?

Anyone with knowledge of a great artist in the Minneapolis area? :nerd: Looking for black geometry type work, and some water color type work too.

So after a 2 year wait, deposit given and appointment booked, my slot with Tommy Lee Wendtner was legit given away to some other random. 

So after a 2 year wait, deposit given and appointment booked, my slot with Tommy Lee Wendtner was legit given away to some other random. 

Sorry to hear bro. Those primadonna artist are annoying like that. Did you get your deposit back or just reschedule?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear bro. Those primadonna artist are annoying like that. Did you get your deposit back or just reschedule?
I'll probably be asking for my deposit back. May be traveling a bit next year, and even out of principle this has just rubbed me the wrong way. 

That's so unprofessional. You wait two years and they just give your spot away? I'd be furious.

Yeah, some apparent schedule mix-up/got lost. 

I'd be halfway understanding IF I hadnt messaged him month in advance, multiple times, to confirm my time and date. That was also never done, so I was never able to book my flight/hotel. Looking back now that was a good thing as I just was going to drive down at this point. 

Ridiculous though, used to be in my top 5 list....

It is what it is,  will get my knee blasted another time. 

anybody got work from Robert Pho in Vegas? any insight on how easy it is to get an appointment or how long you normally have to wait?

Finally finishing up my sleeve.

Started in 2010 and took almost 6 years to complete it.

Here's my latest piece..still have about 4-5 more hours to finish up.

On a side note:

I'm headed to Bangkok in November and was thinking of getting a traditional sak yant. Anyone have any experience with that? Any recommended Ajarn from personal experience?

I've found a few names on the web..but figured i'd ask the NT crew first.

Finally finishing up my sleeve.

Started in 2010 and took almost 6 years to complete it.

Here's my latest piece..still have about 4-5 more hours to finish up.

On a side note:

I'm headed to Bangkok in November and was thinking of getting a traditional sak yant. Anyone have any experience with that? Any recommended Ajarn from personal experience?

Actually have the traditional first piece on the back of my neck. It was all word of mouth though as far as location. I'd have to do some searching.

Most places you can find online are tourist traps and you won't exactly get the best experience, and be forced to pay who knows what. All it should 'cost' is small donation. These tattoo's are supposed to be done by monks, and rarely are (i.e. celeb tattoos).

Pain wise, its great, haha. Least painful and quickest tattoo Ive gotten believe it or not. Great experience. 

On a side note:

In Bangkok I'd say Ajarn Thoy or Ajarn Chai. I have a friend that has extensive work by both and actually went through the process with Ajarn Chai to do Sak Yants.

Outside of Sak Yants, if you like black and grey make sure you check out Pepevicio on Instagram/Facebook. He's Spanish, but splits his time in Thailand and his work is awesome.

No worries, buddy. If you need the lowdown on Thailand at all you can hit me up, I lived there for 4 years. Although, It has changed since I left 4 years ago.

Side note, I should have some finished shots of my right sleeve soon. Going back to let the artist take the healed pics this weekend.

anyone have a recommendation on a shop/artist in Chicago? One of my sons therapists is turning 70 soon and wants to get a tattoo. She's loved the usagrow skull/flower design I showed her and I want to make sure it gets done right. Thanks

about to get my first tattoo. Was wondering if $2000 w/o tip for a piece like this was reasonable or not. I was planning on getting this exact piece on my forearm.

^ That's definitely a dope piece, but not $2000 worth imo. Maybe 1k at most depending on who you'd go to for it, but that's just me...

Back
Top Bottom