***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

It's similar on this. The artist I'm in contact with at Bang Bang is actually Jay Shin :lol: I would use a different image but the concept remains. A flower design where the vines and leaves are grey/black and the flowers are in color. It's also a slight homage to my favorite band, Brand New. They usually have a lot of smoke, darkness, etc at their shows but they put flowers on their mic (as a nod to Morrissey). I always thought it was a pretty aesthetic and motif. Also, what does MOB stand for :lol:

Lol. I didn't mean to capitalize MOB. Like the actual south philly mobsters. They do alot over concealed portraits like the yakuza in those parts of town from what I've seen and heard.

But check out this lovely lady below to see if she fits what your looking for:

https://www.instagram.com/masamitattoo/

I've only gotten recoloring and detailing for my first tattoo from her but when I was there the guy after me was some type of Mob guru and was explaining to whomever would listen the meanings behind the portraits. Her studio specialized in very unique pieces custom pieces. Like what you ask for is exactly what you get from print to skin (minus Dave McCall from what I would assume because his traditional style is unique). I've seen her work in person and it's ridiculously good( recently saw a piece in person) considering not alot of people know her and she keeps a very low profile. Mandy at the studio is good too but Masami's just at another level due to experience.

Yeah, there isn’t a single hard line in it.

The colors are light gray and pink, it’s gonna get washed out bad.

It looks cool now but it’s not gonna look good once it’s got some miles on it.

Facts. You'd be rollin the dice on how long those lines will last and the longevity of the piece. Plus those small needle counts hurt like crazy.

All tattoos will age. They key is getting something that won’t look bad when it ages.

I got a tattoo on my hand that’s like 8 years old and still looks brand new. I don’t even know how it’s possible. I’m in the sun all day and it’s on my hand.

I want to cover up some Aztec tattoos with some black and grey religious and statue stuff like the artist in Philippines does...he hasn’t responded if he’s coming to Los Angeles....would also like a portrait of my son within a sleeve...any recommendations?
Link some artist from the PI. My boy was actually asking about them the other week.

Tattoos are really subject to the person, their skin, skin color, etc. Not all tattoos turn out the same on everyone's skin. All this single needle tattoos really just look better on light skin. If you had dark skin, it would sort of just looks the detailed aesthetic and as the tattoo ages, it will look even worse. I always recommend getting a tattoo that works specifically for you but not everyone listens to that idea. My brother in law even did this. He's Filipino and wanted only a black and white japanese sleeve and I told him to do more color or have negative space and he didn't listen. His tattoo looks fine now but through time, the details will be lost and the black will sort of just blend together.

Yeah I love that single needle stuff, but is just commons sense it won’t hild up over time at all, we shed skin constantly, the skin you have now isn’t the same skin you’ll have in a month, so the finer details when you factor that in along with your complexion and exposure to sun, will affect your ink, THats why my tattoo artist told me off the bat to ditch the fine line talk, when I first met him, he said although I’m not dark skinned, I’m just not light enough for that type of technique to hold over time, I ended up going for a more traditional American style on my left hand and got a swallow bird with my anniversary date, healing has been tough though and will need to touch it up in a few weeks, but he said that’s normal procedure anyways

C316562F-68D7-4868-92A4-FDC16F9DF98F.jpeg

Pain wasn’t to bad. Once it got closer to my neck I felt the sting a little more but nothing crazy.

Went to go get a consultation today From @escobart down in SoFL today.

I gave the shop owner my idea etc and pretty much said it would run be $7500 for the full sleeve. Said he charges $1500 per day , 10-12 hour days, and i would need 5 sessions with my arm.

I know it’s all about you get what you pay for, it’s your body no price should be enough etc for what you want, but I’m just personally trying to decide if I’m ready to fork over that $$.. i feel like it could get done in 3 days if I’m there 12 hours a day like he said but i know you can’t rush this sort of thing.

Probably going to hold off for now until i mentally am ready to fully commit

Went to go get a consultation today From @escobart down in SoFL today.

I gave the shop owner my idea etc and pretty much said it would run be $7500 for the full sleeve. Said he charges $1500 per day , 10-12 hour days, and i would need 5 sessions with my arm.

I know it’s all about you get what you pay for, it’s your body no price should be enough etc for what you want, but I’m just personally trying to decide if I’m ready to fork over that $$.. i feel like it could get done in 3 days if I’m there 12 hours a day like he said but i know you can’t rush this sort of thing.

Probably going to hold off for now until i mentally am ready to fully commit

A. Who is the artist?
B. Yes it’s true you get what you pay for.
C. 1500 a day isn’t bad as far as tattoo artists go. I have paid about that for any artists I have and a couple more I have paid more for depending on the artist.

Yup that’s what i was thinking, it’ makes perfect sense. I’m more than likely going to just do a session a month.

That’s a steal. Just got a consultation from an artist in NYC and he charges $250-300 an hour. **** that

Yeah he guaranteed i would leave with at least whatever he started on done for that day. So even if i break it up once a month etc, atlewsy i know I’ll be walking out with a completed piece.

Family,

For you next tattoo, ask the artist about healing with nexcare tegaderm.

900.jpg

It speeds up the healing process and makes aftercare a breeze.

Minimal itching, very minimal scabbing and no constant cleaning and lubricating.

Family,

900.jpg

Minimal itching, very minimal scabbing and no constant cleaning and lubricating.
My artist gave me something similar for my last tattoo. It did work great.

Got my first appt for my full leg sleeve coming up in May, can’t wait. All black and gray portraits with some other realism type pieces in the negative space.

Booked my appt for my first tattoo next Wednesday, super hype

Trying to book another artist from that shop the same day for a different piece :lol:

Booked my appt for my first tattoo next Wednesday, super hype

Trying to book another artist from that shop the same day for a different piece :lol:
who did you go with? you were the poster that is in the philly area too, right?

Family,

900.jpg

What was your regimen with this? Did you artist apply Tegaderm immediately or just the normal wrap?

I'm interested in this because I want to protect it while I sleep, etc. I like that it promotes breathability while protecting the new piece

who did you go with? you were the poster that is in the philly area too, right?
Going with Jay Shin from Bang Bang. I like the single needle/fine line stuff but he also does illustrative color work as well. Will be doing a hybrid of both styles for my piece.

I'm in the Philly area. I wanted to go to Cindy Vega at True Hand but shes booked through June/July and I don't feel like waiting :lol:

Somehow Jay Shin has pretty open availability, was able to book it a week out. Pricey AF but screw it, sell a pair of shoes and move on. Taking the train to NYC for the day, hoping to get a second piece done by Hector while I'm in the studio. Love his lettering work.

that is pretty crazy to be able to book a week out, even my guys out here in the suburbs are booking at least 6 months out. :lol:

i really want to get something from this guy up in bucks county, i love his work. I have emailed twice over the past month and no response, i guess i need to stop being lazy and call the shop. :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/seanduffytattoos/?hl=en

Back
Top Bottom