***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

If I really want something and love the way the artist executes my preferred style and their history with tats done on my skin tone I’m sticking with them regardless of the price (unless I find someone who is better). I rather wait and save than compromise cause of price.

Tats are addicting but I always remind myself I have my whole life to get my next piece

Got a couple new pieces within the last few months along with a script (not pictured) done by Jason. Both artists work out of Lincoln Tattoo in Venice, CA. Great rates too.

IMG_0014.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/jason_stores_ltc/

IMG_7161.jpg

Artist referenced my grandfather's belt buckle:

IMG_8239.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/jordankhart/

Thinking ima start working up my other arm, not sure yet what to go with, anyone else simply in love with the art of tattooing and not really caught up with having a deep meaning behind every piece?...because that’s kind of where I fall...I just love the art form.
EDE63776-BDC3-4A8C-8BD1-5066B7A98105.jpeg

Also I don’t think there is a thread for piercings, but what ya think of Septum piercings on a dude? Been thinking about it, wife ain’t having it tho..lol

Thinking ima start working up my other arm, not sure yet what to go with, anyone else simply in love with the art of tattooing and not really caught up with having a deep meaning behind every piece?...because that’s kind of where I fall...I just love the art form.
EDE63776-BDC3-4A8C-8BD1-5066B7A98105.jpeg
That’s how I am. I’m mostly for the art. But none of mine are 100% random

That’s how I am. I’m mostly for the art. But none of mine are 100% random

Nah I put thought into my pieces, got a rose on my hand because my mothers name is Rosalba, got Peonies on my arm because those were our wedding florals, got a swallow bird with my wedding date on my other arm, but I hate when people tell you, you need to justify the art on your body with some wild deep meaning, I feel like when people do that, they tend to end up with far more random **** than if they just got pieces they love...lol not sure if I’m making sense..lol

Nah I put thought into my pieces, got a rose on my hand because my mothers name is Rosalba, got Peonies on my arm because those were our wedding florals, got a swallow bird with my wedding date on my other arm, but I hate when people tell you, you need to justify the art on your body with some wild deep meaning, I feel like when people do that, they tend to end up with far more random **** than if they just got pieces they love...lol not sure if I’m making sense..lol
Nah I feel you. Even though I get stuff done more for the art, I still think you should have some type of attachment to what you’re getting.
One dude I know has gone to some top artists and had them put whatever they wanted on him. They were trustworthy artists and definitely put beautiful work on him that flowed with his other tats, but I could never do that

We need an evolution of ksteezy photo series.

Elgin done transformed into Ellen....jk, I love you papa.

I like the idea of assigning some sort of meaning to it but it doesn’t NEED to have several layers of all this deep ****, although that is sometimes nice.

At the end of the day, a flat out good design will stand the test of time in my opinion over something with too much meaning. Although, a coworker brought up the fact that they can be seen as time capsules of your life.

Lots of different ways to look at it

my body suit is a bunch of ideas collected over 20 years. getting my head done this summer. then ill finally be done

Damnnnn you still around on NT? I think i remember your pics from the old WDYWTs and you posting your body suit, you in NY right? Who’s your artist? Any realism guys in NY?

I like the idea of assigning some sort of meaning to it but it doesn’t NEED to have several layers of all this deep ****, although that is sometimes nice.

At the end of the day, a flat out good design will stand the test of time in my opinion over something with too much meaning. Although, a coworker brought up the fact that they can be seen as time capsules of your life.

Lots of different ways to look at it

A lot of times you see people get too carried away with meaning.

“I want my grandfather’s watch worn by an alien while he is cooking on my grandma’s pots and pans looking at life like portrait of myself.”

Nothing wrong with meaning but everything doesn’t always translate well to a good tattoo.

A lot of times you see people get too carried away with meaning.

“I want my grandfather’s watch worn by an alien while he is cooking on my grandma’s pots and pans looking at life like portrait of myself.”

Nothing wrong with meaning but everything doesn’t always translate well to a good tattoo.
This x3million

Dope Stuff man, love this type of art form, I wear a lot of ripped jeans, legit wanna get the bottom of my thigh into my knee, I think that would look killer and so easy for me to show off considering the jeans i usually wear.....not sure what to get yet tho, all my tats been color, is it weird if I do black/grey/white on my leg? Most of the tat artists that always catch my eye live outside the states tho..

What's yall opinion on Color Japense tattoos vs black and grey? Most of them are in color, but I really dig the black and grey look. Got a consultation with Erick Lynch tomorrow.

Opinions?
https://www.instagram.com/ericklynch/?hl=en

I am at odds with black and grey Japanese tattoos just cause I believe most should be in color. I think it all depends on skin. If you are light skinned, either or should work fine. If you are dark, I would say do a style where detail isn't as important. This is where color could work to your advantage cause the color wouldn't pop as much but wouldn't be so black that it would just blend in dark skin.

Also I am partial to really dark blacks with Japanese sleeves if you have light skin. Looks way better imo.

GEORGE_BARDADIM_copy.jpg

I am at odds with black and grey Japanese tattoos just cause I believe most should be in color. I think it all depends on skin. If you are light skinned, either or should work fine. If you are dark, I would say do a style where detail isn't as important. This is where color could work to your advantage cause the color wouldn't pop as much but wouldn't be so black that it would just blend in dark skin.

Also I am partial to really dark blacks with Japanese sleeves if you have light skin. Looks way better imo.

GEORGE_BARDADIM_copy.jpg
Thanks man really helpful. I'm super light skin Asian so I think black and grey works well for me. My whole right leg is black and grey and it pops well.
I've actually got a deposit sitting there for Barbadim, but those NYC $250-300 per hour prices are just so steep I can't pull the trigger

Back
Top Bottom