***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Thats comic book style? I thought it was actual comic book-ish. Thats looks straight Japanese with a Chinese ish looking dragon. Looks dope. Gonna add clouds and windbard?

It was a little hard to explain, heh. But you essentially are right. The inspiration for it was from a comic book artist who was messing around with dragons. We've got the outlines for some wind bars and clouds, and will be adding some more wind around the back. My tattooist doesn't want to go über traditional on the background, since the dragon isn't traditional.

Yar

Last edited:
Matt at House of Tattoo in Tacoma :smile:.  Although for my right shoulder I was thinking of visiting Honest Jon at slave to the needle.

What is the meaning behind finishing the eyes and leaving them blank as the tiger above and some dragon tattoos I've seen?

What is the meaning behind finishing the eyes and leaving them blank as the tiger above and some dragon tattoos I've seen?

I think you are talking about my tattoo but I seriously don't know. It drives me nuts too that my dragon has no pupils.

For all you SF/Bay Area heads, Skull and Sword has an art show in the MIssion with some select works. Just came back from it and man, crazy how famous and loves those guys are from seeing all the people there. It's like I am part of a club and just felt cool to be with others tattooed by them

A painting from Lango...my tattoo artist. I actually go in tomorrow ironically to get more work done.

Last edited:

I think you are talking about my tattoo but I seriously don't know. It drives me nuts too that my dragon has no pupils.

It wasn't directed at you, it was just something I started noticing . I just thought it was a rule or something to do them last but people be like I'm done. It has to mean something, I'm going to ask a artist when I get a chance.

For my personal preference I liked having no pupils because to me it looks more fierce but that's just my opinion.

Has anyone seen this fierce panda bear tattoo? I am looking for it on google but I cant find it. Its a growling panda. Looks fierce

I'm getting this O-Ren Ishii piece on the 4th. Dependjng on how it turns out i will make it a movie sleeve or a traditional japanese sleeve.

Last edited:
It's certainly coming together. Are you feeling better about it now?

Definitely but the pic is a little false representation. The photos was massively photoshopped but I do like it more now than over. It still seems a tad untraditional from other japanese tattoos but it is a little original than most.

Back
Top Bottom