***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

How do yall deal with pain. I'm getting my tattoo extended to my lower back/lat and i know I'm really sensitive there. Do you guys have any tips?
I've had my whole back down and lower back and lat areas are death. But you just got to grind through it man. 

Continued with my leg sleeve last Saturday, 5 hours on the back of my thigh

Thanks all. I'll try to thug it out. Progress picks will be up Monday night.

@ai3mac1 How did the back of the thigh feel? I'm thinking about getting something there on my next project.

Last edited:
What do yall think of Roman Abrego?

Dude is definitely good if you like that style Like Nikko. He's one of those guys that my dad would love cause the art is so good and he hates tattoos. I personally like my tattoos that embody the traditional sense with a hard outline and a fill inside. Having something that is almost an exact copy of a photo that is spot on color to color just seems freaky to me. Even if I did realism on my body, I would do it straight black and white to give it a illustrative look. But did is super talented for sure and to top if off, he seems like a nice guy.

Yeah :lol:

I'm starting a few inches up from my ankle. I'll probably have this take up the majority of my outer calf/front of my shin. Figured out a decent quote that kind of sums up biker life, or at least my experience with it. Orcis Spiritua Nunquam Moritur. It's Latin for "The Rebel Spirit Never Dies". Been riding bikes for about 4 years now. Even after taking a spill my first year riding, I haven't given it up. Never plan on it either. What do you guys think? Remember this is just the mock up. I plan on taking it to the artist that did my koi half sleeve and getting his take on it along with a price and appt date.

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/khodge2/media/637A33DC-FA34-455C-8D8A-566887780F3A.jpg.html

is that a copy of the hell's angel logo or is it a logo that is bike-related?

Last edited:
Second session on the lower half of my sleeve in a couple hours. Looking forward to wrapping it up

Just got this last wednesday. First tat. Gonna have to go back for shading.

Shoutout my good friend and tattoo artist @dolphintattooos (IG) located @ Body Art & Soul Tattoo, Brooklyn, NY

Last edited:
What do yall think of Roman Abrego?

Dude is definitely good if you like that style Like Nikko. He's one of those guys that my dad would love cause the art is so good and he hates tattoos. I personally like my tattoos that embody the traditional sense with a hard outline and a fill inside. Having something that is almost an exact copy of a photo that is spot on color to color just seems freaky to me. Even if I did realism on my body, I would do it straight black and white to give it a illustrative look. But did is super talented for sure and to top if off, he seems like a nice guy.
You happen to know how expensive he is and/or wait time?

You happen to know how expensive he is and/or wait time?

I have no clue. I would imagine he is at least a year wait and pieces are worth thousands of dollars. I doubt he is just taking anyone. You have to have cash in hand and more if any. Probably worth it more to find someone with the same style that isn't as famous.

Wanted to see if anyone can shed some light on thigh tattoos. Just the whole pain factor and where it specifically hurts. I don't think my potential piece is going to the knee, so this is a strict thigh piece that should cover most of area.
i have tattoos on both of my thighs. my right one is a tiny script, so it didn't hurt much at all.

my left thigh had a few sensitive spots. in my personal experience, the more sensitive areas were the areas closer to my panty line (basically the top part of the crown), the right ear as it was approaching the back of my thigh, as well as the bottom part of the lotus flower since it was a little close to my knee.

Thanks all. I'll try to thug it out. Progress picks will be up Monday night.

@ai3mac1 How did the back of the thigh feel? I'm thinking about getting something there on my next project.
Surprisingly, didn't hurt much a tall. The back of the knee was pretty tough but nothing that can't be handled

is that a copy of the hell's angel logo or is it a logo that is bike-related?

It's not a copy or logo. I actually free handed the whole thing while at work last week one of the homies in the motorcycle thread pointed out the fact that it looked similar to the Hells Angels logo. I completely overlooked that. :lol:

I ride motorcycles though, so it's supposed to be a tribute to my love of being on two wheels. The Latain translates into "The rebel spirit never dies". I went to speak to the artist that did my Koi half sleeve to see what input he had for it. Supposed to be going back mid January to get it done. I'm thinking it will probably be tilted somehow and the text rearranged. Also decided on what if get for the inner calf portion of my leg sleeve. :pimp:

Do the legs hurt pretty badly?

^^^From what I hear, anything touching the bone sucks so the shines will be a problem. Back of the knee I heard is one of the worst spots ever. I don't think I'll ever touch that. In Kat Von Ds book, I swear she has a tattoo on her leg (maybe inner) that hurt so much that to this day, her tattoo is unfinished because of the pain. I am sure the leg will have it's points just like the arm. I started my lower arm before my upper and after the facts, I think the upper arm is works than the lower.

There is an interview out there with Nick Wooster saying he didn't finish his sock because of the pain.

"I was going to have sleeves and then socks — from my knees to my ankles — but nobody told me when I signed up that the leg is exponentially more painful than the arm. I'll never finish that leg, short of having an anesthesiologist present."

just picked this up the other day. hurt like a female dog. still needs color and this is just the beginning of a full chest/ribs/stomach piece which I hope will be complete by April. wil keep posting updates.

How the hell do you guys 'find' a really good tattoo place when you move?

Asking around ain't gonna cut it. Everyone will tell you to go to _______, and then you find out that their cousin works there or something. And everyone will tell you don't go to _______, but then you find out it's because their ex works there.

And you can't just walk in and have them do a sleeve and see for yourself and then erase it if you don't like it and just don't go there again.

Is there like a tattoo Angie's List or something? 
laugh.gif

^

Dope owl chest piece.

Back is looking real nice too.

:lol: at the Angie's list comment, very true though. Cant rely on word of mouth too much.

You can pretty much just hit google for artists in your area. Then you can check the shop page, their personal page, and their instagrams for their body of work. Odds are if they do quality work in the style you want, a consult might be a good idea.

Edit:

My artist just put up a pic of Tuesday night's session, only one more to go.

Last edited:
I'm getting that itch again. Last time was earlier this year, but I got sidetracked with some unnecessary drama.

But nvm that, a random tat I saw on Google. So dope:

20-dolphin-tattoo.jpg

And I want to check out this artist, here in NYC at a spot called Moon Sheen Tattoo Parlour. Artist: "JK"
And why:

bear.jpg

This is just awesome. I want something incorporating a Lion & a Butterfly, and want them as realistic as possible.

Back
Top Bottom