Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

Really liking the matte white. Its black right now. Gotta clean it everytime i go out in it
If it's black add some carbon fiber parts to it. I can hook it up with a R35 CF front lip, side skirts, rear spoiler, hood, trunk decklid, engine cover, and more...even full CF replacement bumpers. The CF would compliment the black quite well.

From filing to direct deposit, just under 7 days. Super impressed with federal. State is another issue.

I did up my allowances so that I get more back every week and don't give the government that free loan. So I am hopefully next year is nearly zero.

Unless you have kids, there is really no reason to ever have a huge refund. Manage your money a touch better on a weekly basis and control your own destiny.. Too many people acting like the government is giving them some real $$$ back, when its in fact wrapped as such, but its truly your own hard earned $$$

Unless you have kids, there is really no reason to ever have a huge refund. Manage your money a touch better on a weekly basis and control your own destiny.. Too many people acting like the government is giving them some real $$$ back, when its in fact wrapped as such, but its truly your own hard earned $$$

InsistentPerkyGilamonster.gif

Google:

The Earned Income Tax Credit
The American Opportunity Tax Credit
Health Coverage Tax Credit
Small Business Health Care Tax Credit

Etc.

Anyway,

Thanks to everyone who informed me about the The American Opportunity Tax Credit for students a couple weeks ago.

Truly Appreciated

The state waits for the federal to approve and send theirs to issue the state refund, atleast that's how it goes in NY

I don't know if that's true. I have a co-worker who got his state back, but is still waiting on his federal. Edit: I suppose federal could have APPROVED but not been deposited yet, though I'm not sure what interest the state would have in doing that.

Last edited:
Those credits don't make his statement less true. Especially EIC, which is suppose to benefit people with qualifying children.

NT bros I'm caught up in a confusing situation and seeking some help......I'm looking into doing TurboTax this year but, my situation seems complicated than simply inputting the step by step progress from the W2 form(s).

Well, last year I worked 2 jobs and went to school, but worked my second job for 2 months. Company ended up going out of business and no longer exists, hence another company went ahead and took over its contracts. The issue is, I have yet not received my W2 from them, but I have received the 1095B from them. Now I tried contacting the company and went to their old location and no luck, they've disappeared.

I did some research and came across filling out a 4852 form, but the issue is I lost the last check stubs from that company when I moved places, that all I was able to find were my bank statements on the direct deposits of my checks, meaning I don't have any other information i.e. tax deductions, social, etc. other than what I got paid throughout that time period.

People are telling me to just not claim that, since it was only 2 months worked, but I'd rather keep it clean and claim the $2500 that I made in that time period.

What can I do to resolve this? What additional information would be needed?

Just filed yesterday. I'm hoping I have federal and state by next week

Last edited:
Filed federal Feb 7th and still haven't received anything yet... Got state couple days ago, but federal is still processing. (used direct deposit)

They said my fed is suppose to be sent to bank by March 16th, which is 2 days from now. Hoping it comes in tomorrow

So I was looking to do my girlfriends taxes and noticed that her "Allowances" was set to 45. Yes 45! So looking at her paystubs, it looks like she wasn't getting any tax withheld every paycheck. There must have been an error on the employer side when they were putting in her info. I'm pretty sure we set her w-4 allowance at either 0 or 1 in the beginning of the year.

I know ultimately its her fault for not catching it all year but is there anything we can do? for the year her taxable income was a little over 80k and looking at the box for federal tax withheld, its only about $650

Doing the tax refund estimator she would owe a little over 12k???

Any help would be appreciated

So I was looking to do my girlfriends taxes and noticed that her "Allowances" was set to 45. Yes 45! So looking at her paystubs, it looks like she wasn't getting any tax withheld every paycheck. There must have been an error on the employer side when they were putting in her info. I'm pretty sure we set her w-4 allowance at either 0 or 1 in the beginning of the year.

I know ultimately its her fault for not catching it all year but is there anything we can do? for the year her taxable income was a little over 80k and looking at the box for federal tax withheld, its only about $650

Doing the tax refund estimator she would owe a little over 12k???

Any help would be appreciated
Yikes!!!! 

Back
Top Bottom