Official [The Internet] Thread vol. Syd Tha Kyd & Matt Martians

After running thru Syd's album several times here's a few thoughts:

- Feels like it was spawned off of N*E*R*D and Andre 3000.. not mad at that at all. I was thinking that during the first listen, then Insecurities came on :smokin.

- I think this resonates w dudes bc she be singing/saying girl in her songs. Not the norm w female R&B singers singing "boy you should know that...."
I can quote her lyrics to my wife.

- Her :evil: type lyrics give off a Weeknd vibe..

conclusion: early contention for AOTY for me

the groups albums are better in my opinion new syd joint sounds too much like aaliyah from 01 lotta artist out have done that already hopefully thundercats album doesnt disappoint like syd's did

- Her :evil: type lyrics give off a Weeknd vibe..

She even hops on that flow he loves to use at a couple of points on the album.

She came beyond correct with this album in my opinion :pimp:

Just swaggy and smooth from start to finish. Expected nothing less though, really.

Any of you guys peeped Steve Lacy's Demo? It's only 6 tracks but I enjoyed it more than both Syd and Matt Martian's projects. Pretty obvious he played a large part in the sound of Ego Death.

Any of you guys peeped Steve Lacy's Demo? It's only 6 tracks but I enjoyed it more than both Syd and Matt Martian's projects. Pretty obvious he played a large part in the sound of Ego Death.

Very dope project. I have it second behind Syd's though. I got a lot of Pharrell/N.E.R.D. vibes from it :smokin

Bruh... ive found about about this group from doms remix of girl and havent looked back since. So fire :pimp:

Dam just found out about these ego death bonus tracks. Thanks

Last edited:
Between the solo projects that dropped THIS YEAR and Ego Death still getting heavy rotation, I'm really excited to see them live again.

This Steve Lacy joint with the straight 112 vibe is :smokin

After sitting with the album since its release, this album is bit of a letdown for me. The replay value isn't quite there for me and I find myself skipping most of the tracks on the album. Guess I had too high of expectations for this album.

Dolla Bills & Over still got constant spins. I preferred 6LACK project much better than Syd's.

That Treading Water beat was also on TWENTY88's album with Sean & Jhene

Dropped today....Only a 3 song EP, she's about to head out on her first solo tour.

Edit: didn't realize I posted the same song twice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom