official "THE TOWN" movie thread vol. movie of the year nominee?

Can someone tell me why the FBI was involved in this? Also did it blow anyone how the FBI agent didnt get show when the dude turned around with the assault rifle? I mean I understand some of the bad guys got to die, but that guy should of at least got shot! 

Besides that good movie..

Can someone tell me why the FBI was involved in this? Also did it blow anyone how the FBI agent didnt get show when the dude turned around with the assault rifle? I mean I understand some of the bad guys got to die, but that guy should of at least got shot! 

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

Can someone tell me why the FBI was involved in this? Also did it blow anyone how the FBI agent didnt get shot when the dude turned around with the assault rifle? I mean I understand some of the bad guys got to die, but that guy should of at least got shot! 

I was thinking that too, mad shots fired and he's crawling away? Other than that, enjoyed the movie.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

Can someone tell me why the FBI was involved in this? Also did it blow anyone how the FBI agent didnt get shot when the dude turned around with the assault rifle? I mean I understand some of the bad guys got to die, but that guy should of at least got shot! 

I was thinking that too, mad shots fired and he's crawling away? Other than that, enjoyed the movie.

It's out on DVD and elsewhere.

Finally saw it for the first time. Maybe this movie got overhyped to me, but I don't see what the big deal is. Jeremy Renner, dude from Hurt Locker, killed it and I liked this chick in this much better than Vera Farmiga in The Departed, but other than that.
eyes.gif
Oh yeah, Blake Lively
eek.gif
did the damn thing. Respect.

Ben Affleck did a good job, all the way around, but the style of the film was so dry. It felt like there wasn't much momentum or tension to the movie. The first half hour was great and last 20 minutes were good, but it just felt too much like The Departed and Heat. Enough that it made me wanna stop the movie and put on one of them.

It was pretty good, which is great in a year like this where good movies are few and far between. I don't get the thread title though.

It's out on DVD and elsewhere.

Finally saw it for the first time. Maybe this movie got overhyped to me, but I don't see what the big deal is. Jeremy Renner, dude from Hurt Locker, killed it and I liked this chick in this much better than Vera Farmiga in The Departed, but other than that.
eyes.gif
Oh yeah, Blake Lively
eek.gif
did the damn thing. Respect.

Ben Affleck did a good job, all the way around, but the style of the film was so dry. It felt like there wasn't much momentum or tension to the movie. The first half hour was great and last 20 minutes were good, but it just felt too much like The Departed and Heat. Enough that it made me wanna stop the movie and put on one of them.

It was pretty good, which is great in a year like this where good movies are few and far between. I don't get the thread title though.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Originally Posted by Pee11Jay

The Town was a good movie. But NOT better than Inception.

Yeah the movie is pretty predictable. Good movie though nice cinematography and editing. Story was a little bit too basic though but I liked the detail in the characters they portrayed them pretty well.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Originally Posted by Pee11Jay

The Town was a good movie. But NOT better than Inception.

Yeah the movie is pretty predictable. Good movie though nice cinematography and editing. Story was a little bit too basic though but I liked the detail in the characters they portrayed them pretty well.

I loved the scene with my man sittin in his squad car eatin his donuts when the bank robbers all come zippin up next to him to change cars and he just sits there thinkin, well @#$%, how I get outta this
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I loved this movie, thought it was excellent.  Certainly gonna have parallels to Heat, but let's not act like that's a bad thing.  IMO, Ben is two for two with Gone Baby Gone, and The Town. 

I loved the scene with my man sittin in his squad car eatin his donuts when the bank robbers all come zippin up next to him to change cars and he just sits there thinkin, well @#$%, how I get outta this
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I loved this movie, thought it was excellent.  Certainly gonna have parallels to Heat, but let's not act like that's a bad thing.  IMO, Ben is two for two with Gone Baby Gone, and The Town. 

Back
Top Bottom