OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

^

A) That's old

B) I hate that headline

C) Namond acting like Tom Dubois when he thought he was going to booking 
laugh.gif
Namond was an underrated character that brought the whole season together.

It's absolutely criminal how the Emmys didn't do right by this show >:

I read somewhere that Emmy rules put The Wire at a disadvantage. You're only allowed to submit three episodes for consideration, and because the show bounced around to so many characters and plot lines, sometimes main characters would be missing from entire episodes at a time. It was hard for your average voter to make a connection, which is why it got snubbed. And, it's basically impossible for Emmy voters to watch every episode of every TV show in existence.

Y'all tripping what the old head that ran the gym?

Remember he got shot and the nurse came in there talking slick to him...she was bad and he ended up wifing her.

Dukie man... He never stood a chance. :frown:

Never forget.......

It was about 6-7 years ago.

Me and my ***** I used to work with were waiting in his truck early morning so he could watch his daughter get on the bus (really ugly hood in the winter am)

I never forget he pointed out this lil kid, couldn't of been more then 8-9, no coat in the dead of winter banging on a door.

Homeboy said that he had mental issues.

Said his peoples be puttin him out and doin dope just be doin him all types of wrong :smh:

First thing I thought of when I saw dookie.

Some people really don't stand a chance :frown:

Dukie man... He never stood a chance. :frown:

that was probably thing that bummed me out most on the show was dukie turning into a fiend. he's a cool dude, but yeah, he just did not stand a chance at all.

i finished watching the series for a second time over the holidays. it's the best show. so many great characters and stories. after the second go around, i really was pleasantly surprised by how great season 2 is. i disliked it my first time around, but seeing it again, it's really solid.

i liked the ending of the series when they started showing the key characters in sort of a montage; it was cool seeing chris and weebey linking up in the yard during that segment.

As good as season 4 is, it always makes me sad. 
The best season of any TV show ever. So depressing. But it showed how everyone on the streets ends up where they do.
If anyone cares about kids at all it just makes you so sad man. I know it's a show but I've seen similar real instances of that.

On another note, watching this again I like how they drew the parallel of Michael/Omar. Michael kills but like Omar, he too has a code and doesn't like indiscriminate killing. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the character Michael might have been named after Michael K. Williams who plays Omar. 

Best 5 days of life. DVD set remains sealed and I get to re-watch the greatest series on cable.

Still mad Marlo lives....made me tear up when Bodie got 2 to the head.

Last edited:
Marlo, Chris, snoop, mike, bunk, wee-bey and Brodie. Great characters

You forgot about Bubbles, Carver, Freeman, Clay Davis, Omar, Bunny Colvin, Kima and the greatest of them all...Jimmy McNaulty.

This show was brilliant in every aspect, the character development was the best I've ever seen.

rewatching now. season 2 and 4 are masterpieces.

i cant mess with you if you a stringer fan.

the traitorous snake, snitch, who got played by clay davis? I'm good.

You must be young... Stringer was actually the realest cat on the show, Avon even said he was right about everything with tears coming down his eyes.

him being right about it takes nothing away from what I said. Avon wasNT perfect but stringer is a snake. Avon even covered for him when dees murder came up to brianna.

im almost 30. guess I just respect the realness.

Back
Top Bottom