Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

who remembers GDFT releasing their vault of 2000-2001 retro J's around xmas 2006? the posts r prolly still on this thread if one cares to find it...people here were excited

as for service...always good from my experience but that could be b/c I dealt with aysix & matt before the store opened and I was considered an "insider" or "cool" which Im def not

I miss those days. Hype wasn't so crazy. Was able to buy Hold Tight AM1 with minimal effort from Goodfoot

No hype around the OVO x Canada Goose? Didn't see it mentioned in here
probably because the ovo x cg jacket ran about $1200 before tax and the hat was about a bill. 

it also was only okay looking. still sold out though

who remembers GDFT releasing their vault of 2000-2001 retro J's around xmas 2006? the posts r prolly still on this thread if one cares to find it...people here were excited

as for service...always good from my experience but that could be b/c I dealt with aysix & matt before the store opened and I was considered an "insider" or "cool" which Im def not
I remember when they opened their vault of SBs at their Yorkville location. I think there were WTDs, SBTGs, and some other goodies.

probably because the ovo x cg jacket ran about $1200 before tax and the hat was about a bill. 

it also was only okay looking. still sold out though
To be fair, $1200 is not 'expensive' for a Black Label or collab Goose jacket.

Last edited:

People always say this, but I've never had a problem with it. What type of 'service' are you looking for? You're going in to browse shoes/clothes, and the only time you really need to interact with anybody is to get sizes. I ask for a size, they either bring it over, or tell me they're sold out. I don't need somebody there to take my measurements and butter me up.
It seems like I'm an inconvenience to them if I need a pair of shoes to try on. I ask for a size 9.5, she would take it from my hands while rolling her eyes. doesn't say "i'll go check in the back" or "I'll be right back". Comes back, drop them on the chairs and continue to stare off into space.

Cashier just mumbles my total and when i ask what it is, gives me a dirty look.

Great A service. I've been to Livestock quite a bit but depending who you get, it is a hit or miss service. 

I'll randomly search Goodfoot stuff on Kijiji or Ebay sometimes, and those varsities will pop up now and again. I remember them being quite nice quality too...I was gonna guess more than $350. Varsities in general seem to be cheaper these days, both quality and price-wise....I guess as they've become more popular and fast fashion for many. I remember Supreme's older varsities were close to the $600 US mark retail.

It's definitely crazy to think back at the stuff that you could just walk in and buy with zero fuss at Goodfoot. Homegrown 90's, Animal AM1's, Viotech AM1's....

Anyone remember Cartel? I think dude owned a skate shop on the east side too.

I remember when they opened their vault of SBs at their Yorkville location. I think there were WTDs, SBTGs, and some other goodies.

man forgot bout yorkville location... always wondered why GDFT shut down? I mean look at sneaker game in TO...since they opened the market has grown..some inside ish mustve happened

Last edited:
Yeah those boxing day lines were nuts. I remember one year Drake showed up and rolled through to the front of the line. Everyone was pissed because he was still on the come up, so to them he was just some dude skipping the line lol. Makes sense in retrospect seeing as how his boy Oliver worked there.

LOL, definitely remember this. I was inside the store chillin and saw this "Drake" guy roll up to the front of the line. I wasn't sure who he was at the time but people were making a semi big deal about his arrival :D

It seems like I'm an inconvenience to them if I need a pair of shoes to try on. I ask for a size 9.5, she would take it from my hands while rolling her eyes. doesn't say "i'll go check in the back" or "I'll be right back". Comes back, drop them on the chairs and continue to stare off into space.

Cashier just mumbles my total and when i ask what it is, gives me a dirty look.

Great A service. I've been to Livestock quite a bit but depending who you get, it is a hit or miss service. 
Fair enough. I see where you're coming from.

There's this one girl that works at Livestock that always looks like she's angry at the world lol.
I'll randomly search Goodfoot stuff on Kijiji or Ebay sometimes, and those varsities will pop up now and again. I remember them being quite nice quality too...I was gonna guess more than $350. Varsities in general seem to be cheaper these days, both quality and price-wise....I guess as they've become more popular and fast fashion for many. I remember Supreme's older varsities were close to the $600 US mark retail.

It's definitely crazy to think back at the stuff that you could just walk in and buy with zero fuss at Goodfoot. Homegrown 90's, Animal AM1's, Viotech AM1's....

Anyone remember Cartel? I think dude owned a skate shop on the east side too.
Very true. Finding a nice quality varsity is very difficult now. Most are very thin and of very little substance. 

Yep, forgot the name of the store but it was near the Beaches on Queen East right?
Yeah Queen/Woodbine area...had one of a handful of SB accounts in the city at the time, but I don't think he got the really good stuff.

Yeah Queen/Woodbine area...had one of a handful of SB accounts in the city at the time, but I don't think he got the really good stuff.
Good to see this talk of the 'good ol times' bringing you out. I recall your username on RFD from way back.

Very true. Finding a nice quality varsity is very difficult now. Most are very thin and of very little substance. 
Yeah I have the Supreme Tiger varsity from a while back and that thing is built like a tank - I think was $585 at retail. You could change the tag to SLP, charge $2K and I don't think anyone would balk at the quality.

All these posts are making me wish I got into this earlier lol. Seemed like a much easier time getting your hands on pairs. 

Yup it was much more of a niche type of hobby back then. These days I have old co-workers and "friends" who used to think I was crazy also trying to get their hands on shoes (albeit for the purpose of reselling).

Yup it was much more of a niche type of hobby back then. These days I have old co-workers and "friends" who used to think I was crazy also trying to get their hands on shoes (albeit for the purpose of reselling).
That's the problem, more and more resellers popping up. I'm looking for the Camo OVO Hoodie on Kijiji and Ebay, there's so many of them but the prices are absolutely ridiculous. Had I known those would sell out right away, I would've been on the site ready to purchase. 

Clearly I'm still learning about all this.

Agreed. Now everybody wants to be a sneakerhead lol. I also think that it was much more niche back then due to the lack of social media and advertising. People had to put in a lot of effort to try and find out about releases.

Places like Goodfoot, Nomad, and Ransom also went largely unnoticed since it wasn't marked from the outside. I remember when I brought some friends, they're just like how the hell would you even know to go to a place like this. It's just a door with no signage.

Last edited:

That's the problem, more and more resellers popping up. I'm looking for the Camo OVO Hoodie on Kijiji and Ebay, there's so many of them but the prices are absolutely ridiculous. Had I known those would sell out right away, I would've been on the site ready to purchase. 

Clearly I'm still learning about all this.
Woah just looked on Kiji, who's paying 300 for that? Thought retail was a stretch. Also at the guys trying to sell the Chilliwack for over 2k, there was at least one sitting in the window of the shop the other day.

anyone remember these adidas X goodfoot collabs? one of my favourite sneakers, still wearing them til this day. 

Way before the adidas hype that exists now

Some visual nostalgia....

anyone remember these adidas X goodfoot collabs? one of my favourite sneakers, still wearing them til this day. 
Way before the adidas hype that exists now
These were such a great pair...one of the best from that project for sure.

Some visual nostalgia....

These were such a great pair...one of the best from that project for sure.
GMAS still killing it with the heat!  i remember you from twitter and always having crazy AMs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom