Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

My favorite part about the Royal 1 fiasco was when he said he was going to ask Nike to release the rest of the stock online. Like he was some sort of big wig or some ****. Lol

Classic, the best for me during the Royals Legendary Stock fiasco is when he was advising his twitter followers to EXIT THE QUEUE for the Royal's because ndca servers are too hammered and he will let you know when the servers are better for you to re-enter the queue.

I'm not sure how legit the deal is but a guy posted today that he found a Patagonia down jacket in Costco for $99.99. I own one right now and I can say it's one of the warmest jackets for a lightweight down jacket. If you live near to a Costco, it may be worth your while to check it out to see if they have any in stock.

http://www.patagonia.ca/product/mens-down-sweater-jacket/84674.html

No one could find these in store
Dont even bother

None of these in the Heartland location. If anyone sees these at their local Costco I'd appreciate a heads up, TIA!

Ya I'm pretty disappointed because this would be an insanely hot deal. The one I have currently is pretty beat up and has some down leakage. I'm a big supporter of the quality and function of Patagonia cold weather gear and at $99.99, this jacket would be one of the lightest and definitely the most warmth for this price point.

I know Uniqlo makes lightweight packable down jackets, as does Roots and some other retailers, but I know for sure that they aren't going to stand up to Patagonia, North Face, Canada Goose or Arc'Teryx. These are all "functional outdoor brands" that are producing these as technical garments for skiing, hiking, etc in extreme conditions.

What winter jackets are the Toronto fam rocking now?

Just picked up a TNF Cryos GTX TriClimate 3-in-1.

GoreTex, goose down, removable liner, all black. 20% off during Haven's Black Friday sale too.
Warm as hell

Just picked up a TNF Cryos GTX TriClimate 3-in-1.

GoreTex, goose down, removable liner, all black. 20% off during Haven's Black Friday sale too.
Warm as hell

Nice. TNF always makes some impressive tech in their garments. I had the TNF "Gotham" parka maybe 3-4 years ago but some loser stole it at a house party I was at. It was warm for the 550 down fill it had. That jacket sounds dope as hell though because I'm sure it's very lightweight and also warm. I can't buy any of the huge heavy jackets anymore. The super lightweight jackets that pack high levels of down fill are where it's at now.

Nice. TNF always makes some impressive tech in their garments. I had the TNF "Gotham" parka maybe 3-4 years ago but some loser stole it at a house party I was at. It was warm for the 550 down fill it had. That jacket sounds dope as hell though because I'm sure it's very lightweight and also warm. I can't buy any of the huge heavy jackets anymore. The super lightweight jackets that pack high levels of down fill are where it's at now.

I have one of the Canada Goose Hybridge light jackets. It's featherweight but has like 850 or 900 down fill in it. My only real complaint is about durability because my jacket got a tear just from a small rub against something. You sacrifice that durability a bit when you buy one of these nylon shell jackets over a heavier duty waterproof or goretex material. I'm exclusively in the city though and don't really ski or do much outdoor winter activities. I agree that the light jackets are where it's at.

if youre still on KDC about the Royals you have gyal traits. like someone said it was months ago.
this guy gives out great info. Everyone makes mistakes thats why pencils have erasers

Any good examples?

Ya for sure. I'd say the most "popular" on the market now are,

- Patagonia Down Sweater
- Arc'Teryx Cerrium (have a non-hooded and a hooded version too)
- Canada Goose Hybridge Lite
- North Face ultra light (not sure of the actual model name but they make quite a few ultra light down jackets)
- Stone Island Micro Reps light down jacket
- Moncler has a lot of really nice light down jackets but are expensive as hell
- Ralph Lauren has some really nice light down jackets but I'm not sure of the performance of the jackets since RL is mostly a fashion brand.
- I also really like the brand Helly Hansen for winter jackets. They are a long standing ski company so they've always produced some really nice lightweight down jackets.

There are probably a lot I'm not mentioning but these are just a few that come to me off the top of my head, but keep in mind that all the prices vary.

Last edited:
I'd say my favourite lightweight jackets are from the veilance line.
Best blend of goretex/down filled you can find on the market in my opinion.

Price tag is the only barrier of entry

I'd say my favourite lightweight jackets are from the veilance line.
Best blend of goretex/down filled you can find on the market in my opinion.

Price tag is the only barrier of entry

Definitely an impressive line of products with both fashionable and highly functional pieces. Ya that's the catch for most of these brands is that a lot of people aren't going to spend that much on a winter jacket. Then you have a whole bunch who wouldn't ever buy a cheap winter jacket either.

Ya for sure. I'd say the most "popular" on the market now are,

- Patagonia Down Sweater
- Arc'Teryx Cerrium (have a non-hooded and a hooded version too)
- Canada Goose Hybridge Lite
- North Face ultra light (not sure of the actual model name but they make quite a few ultra light down jackets)
- Stone Island Micro Reps light down jacket
- Moncler has a lot of really nice light down jackets but are expensive as hell
- Ralph Lauren has some really nice light down jackets but I'm not sure of the performance of the jackets since RL is mostly a fashion brand.
- I also really like the brand Helly Hansen for winter jackets. They are a long standing ski company so they've always produced some really nice lightweight down jackets.

There are probably a lot I'm not mentioning but these are just a few that come to me off the top of my head, but keep in mind that all the prices vary.

Thanks! The Arc'Teryx Cerrium is exactly what I’m looking for.

Definitely an impressive line of products with both fashionable and highly functional pieces. Ya that's the catch for most of these brands is that a lot of people aren't going to spend that much on a winter jacket. Then you have a whole bunch who wouldn't ever buy a cheap winter jacket either.

yea but you could and should always see it as an investment.
Veilance design aesthetic is timeless. And the build quality will last you a decade as long as you take care of the goretex and wash it every season.

Patagonia down sweater :pimp: They did a collab w/ Supreme before no?

I don't think they ever did an "actual collab". I think Supreme just stole the Patagonia logo and wrote Supreme in it instead lol. That set of Supreme items is apparently super rare and highly sought after though.

Patagonia is just highly sought after in general I feel. Those who do outdoor activities like hike or mountain climb always seem to rave about the brand. Both because the quality is very high on their garments and they have a top notch ethical standpoint. It may not matter to some but Patagonia uses all traced down which ensures that they're getting their down from legit channels and from birds that are already dead. A lot of other brands will pluck feathers and down from live birds which is basically torturing the animals. Also, Patagonia apparently does not use or never has used sweatshops and pays it's employees liveable wages. This is something that some people will pay to support.

yea but you could and should always see it as an investment.
Veilance design aesthetic is timeless. And the build quality will last you a decade as long as you take care of the goretex and wash it every season.

Ya I agree 100% bro. We live in a freezer for a good portion of the year. Not the most extreme in Canada for sure but I always am willing to invest in a proper winter jacket because one of the things I hate most in life is feeling frigidly cold lol.

Another really nice jacket from a brand not always known is Belstaff's fullarton down parka. Belstaff is a British heritage brand that has been around since 1924. I'm in the market for a puffer jacket too so I've been doing my shopping around and stumbled on Belstaff at Harry Rosen when I went in there to look at Canada Goose and Moncler. Belstaff is on the expensive side as well and rivals the Canada Goose hybridge parka in price.

636127_navy_2.jpg 1155630_4_large.jpg 1155630_6_large.jpg 1155630_3_large.jpg

I have one of the Canada Goose Hybridge light jackets. It's featherweight but has like 850 or 900 down fill in it. My only real complaint is about durability because my jacket got a tear just from a small rub against something. You sacrifice that durability a bit when you buy one of these nylon shell jackets over a heavier duty waterproof or goretex material. I'm exclusively in the city though and don't really ski or do much outdoor winter activities. I agree that the light jackets are where it's at.
If you Canada Goose jacket still has the tags and hologram, have it repaired. File a claim on the website, should be covered by Warranty.

PM me if anyone here is a size Medium-Large.

If you Canada Goose jacket still has the tags and hologram, have it repaired. File a claim on the website, should be covered by Warranty.

PM me if anyone here is a size Medium-Large.

I definitely am going to eventually. Only thing is that we are getting into winter and I don't have another jacket to wear to keep me warm. I'll probably send it in, in spring when there's no need for it anymore.

So what was the verdict though? Can anyone fully confirm if that Patagonia down jacket for $100 at Costco is a load of BS? I briefly read the thread on RFD and it seems not a single person found one other than the supposed OP...

Thanks! The Arc'Teryx Cerrium is exactly what I’m looking for.

I have a hooded arcteryx cerium sv jacket that i picked up at the arcteryx outlet at niagara on the lake premium outlet last fall. I think it was 50% off if I remember correctly. You might be able to still find them there.

HH Update

Hash 30% off

Just put out today
PG1 Greyscale/suede c/w $99-30%
Triple White AF1 Duckboot $139-30%
XIII Chutney low $169
XI low gold $159
Motorsport 4$169
Royal 4 $169
Cyber Monday 3 $169
Wool 3 $179

Those Aeroloft jackets and bombers are actually $209
How was the size run for the XI gold low? Also thanks for the update!

Back
Top Bottom