Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

on Weds I drove to downtown Markham on lunch. Saw the line at Capsule and went to FTL instead to at least enter one in-store raffle. Went back to Capsule, and the line quadrupuled, and just said "F it, gotta go back to work." These aren't made for people who need to work 9-5's. lol

hopefully one online raffle comes through.

good luck everyone!

My buddy only signed up at yorkdale ftl and champs….. GG
5E9416B8-135B-4FC6-A7D4-68AF540E3CB3.jpeg

Welp, looks like I'm taking nothing but L's.

Friend of a friend won at BOTH Champs and Foot Locker in the only mall that got them in the province and it's my size. Stings a little, but I'm sure this won't be the last time we see these things.

Just an update to my previous post.

My friend went to yorkdale at open today. Went to champs first, they said it wasn't them.
Went to footlocker and was quickly handed his pair. Employee said whoever called him yesterday must have just been overwhelmed.
Seems fishy but at the emd he got his pair.

Any toddler or bootie size available when walking in locally? Looking to grab a pair for my newborn.

Welp, looks like I'm taking nothing but L's.

Friend of a friend won at BOTH Champs and Foot Locker in the only mall that got them in the province and it's my size. Stings a little, but I'm sure this won't be the last time we see these things.
I got lucky at Foot. My boy did too, but man, dude is casual. Didn’t even know they were dropping until I asked the group chat to enter for me. Of course, he enters for himself and wins a a pair in my size. I would have been heated had I not won. SMH.

Anyhow, Footlocker said they got something like 80 pairs in men sizes. Hopefully restocks come. I want all the OGs to eat on this release.

My boy did too, but man, dude is casual. Didn’t even know they were dropping until I asked the group chat to enter for me. Of course, he enters for himself and wins a a pair in my size. I would have been heated had I not won. SMH.

And that right there is one of the laundry list of reasons sneaker "culture" is messed up. :lol:

The standard friend, casual guy who in the past you could count on to help with a release is now the one who enters for himself because everyone else is doing it/FOMO/just to post on IG or resell.

Any toddler or bootie size available when walking in locally? Looking to grab a pair for my newborn.
They had some on the infant ones at DTM when I went to pick up my pair. They were at the cash but I saw a bunch of people grabbing them as they were picking up their pairs.

Footlocker Eaton Center! The most useless store of all. I get a call, didn’t even ring for 5secs. Hang up, I try calling back, Voice mail. I walk in like 25mins later I ask about the missed call “ they say nope it wasn’t us. I show them the number. Looks at each other! Sorry that’s not us” Sorry my name isn’t Tattoos and Cash, or I’m referred to as The Committee. I said it before and will say it again “**** Footlocker”

Was looking forward to in person raffles, but it was quite a ****show.

Showed up at Markville only to find out it was GS only. I wouldn't have wasted my time if footlocker didn't post incorrect info on IG.

Then hit up downtown markham and was waiting in the Capsule line for almost 30 minutes only to find out they "ran out of ballots". It was only 1:30pm at that point. Lots of people were pissed off and the guys didn't even have the courtesy to tell folks until people started complaining. It was only the people coming out that said they are out of ballots. You'd think a store employee would come out and yell down the line so people wouldn't keep waiting.

Went around the corner to footlocker downtown markham and the line was looonnnggggg. Asked a guy near the front how long he'd been waiting and he said 1 hour. Screw it. Went for lunch and went home.

Signed off a bit early from work and went straight to Fairview. Long at footlocker was very long. Again, asked some nice kids near the front of the line and they said they had been waiting for close to an hour. No thanks. Went to check out Champs and it was similar so I left during rush hour to drive to Yorkdale.

The line at House of Hoops was a lot more reasonable when I got there and the guy running the line was friendly and efficient. Was about 30 deep and I waited about 20 minutes. It was almost 6:20 and I was about to leave but figured why not hit up Champs. The line there was a bit longer, but manageable, so I waited about 30 minutes and was able to sign up just before 7pm.

Friday morning, got an Unknown ID call from Champs Yorkdale that I had hit on the raffle! Totally unexpected and was a pleasant surprise. Overheard the store manager/supervisor telling someone else that they only got 1 FSR, not sure if that's true or not.

All in all, super happy that I got a pair, but a lot of time wasted and too many kids, their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and resellers.

Met a few older (35+) heads that also left due to the long lines and got to chat a bit in the Capsule line and downtown markham area.

On a non AJ1 Lost & Found note, looking for a pair of Georgetown Terminators. Can't believe they actually sold out on nike.ca. And no Nike stores in Toronto seem to received them. If anyone knows where I can pick up a pair, please do let me know! Nostalgic shoe for me.

Showed up at Markville only to find out it was GS only. I wouldn't have wasted my time if footlocker didn't post incorrect info on IG.

Then hit up downtown markham and was waiting in the Capsule line for almost 30 minutes only to find out they "ran out of ballots". It was only 1:30pm at that point. Lots of people were pissed off and the guys didn't even have the courtesy to tell folks until people started complaining. It was only the people coming out that said they are out of ballots. You'd think a store employee would come out and yell down the line so people wouldn't keep waiting.

Friday morning, got an Unknown ID call from Champs Yorkdale that I had hit on the raffle! Totally unexpected and was a pleasant surprise. Overheard the store manager/supervisor telling someone else that they only got 1 FSR, not sure if that's true or not.

All in all, super happy that I got a pair, but a lot of time wasted and too many kids, their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and resellers.

I definitely looked forward to last week's in-store raffles. It felt like pre-pandemic times and personally I prefer it compared to the past 2.5 years when everything was online (bots) and random shock drops (folks with no jobs).

With that being said just like pre-pandemic 2016-2019 I knew going early was the only chance of getting entries in at various stores. My general rule is do everything before 1-2pm the latest. After that it turns into a super **** show. And I'm shocked a lot of locations didn't cut off sign-ups earlier then usual....that seemed to be the trend back in 2018, 2019.

But yeah if you work a 9-5, unless you have the flexibility of coming and going it's tough to participate in the action unless you take the day off. Glad you came away with a pair after all the running around.

Went around the corner to footlocker downtown markham and the line was looonnnggggg. Asked a guy near the front how long he'd been waiting and he said 1 hour. Screw it. Went for lunch and went home.

Signed off a bit early from work and went straight to Fairview. Long at footlocker was very long. Again, asked some nice kids near the front of the line and they said they had been waiting for close to an hour. No thanks. Went to check out Champs and it was similar so I left during rush hour to drive to Yorkdale.

The line at House of Hoops was a lot more reasonable when I got there and the guy running the line was friendly and efficient. Was about 30 deep and I waited about 20 minutes. It was almost 6:20 and I was about to leave but figured why not hit up Champs. The line there was a bit longer, but manageable, so I waited about 30 minutes and was able to sign up just before 7pm.

Met a few older (35+) heads that also left due to the long lines and got to chat a bit in the Capsule line and downtown markham area.

I went early so minimal lines at most stores. I waited like 30 mins at DTM footlocker around the same time you were there actually. My friend was in the capsule line at the same time I was in the other line and he told me they ran out while I was in the footlocker line. Ended up winning from that footlocker.

Livestock doing the AMM4 raffle today, and most heads I’ve spoken to only want these to trade for L&Fs. Anyhow, if you want a pair, get there early. When the raffle opened for the L&F opened in Winnipeg, I went right at opening and the line to sign up was 6 people deep. When I left, there were another 10-15 people behind me.

ill4eva ill4eva Had no idea you were from Winnipeg. L&F at LS was no wait for me at the time I went. Foot Locker was probably the longest wait and even that was maybe 15 minutes.

Also had no idea JD dropped them on opening day.

ill4eva ill4eva Had no idea you were from Winnipeg. L&F at LS was no wait for me at the time I went. Foot Locker was probably the longest wait and even that was maybe 15 minutes.

Also had no idea JD dropped them on opening day.
Yeah. Some dude waited 8 hours to get his pair from JD. Reseller too. SMH.

As for Livestock - maybe it’s because I went at opening and all the eager beavers were there. Lol. Anyhow, some dudes were pretty lame. Just threw their hazard lights on and proceeded to block traffic on Main Street. As I picked up my raffle card, dude working announces that they will give out extra entries to people who buy something from the store. Lol

I heard the fcfs went horrible at the Alberta jds stores. Surprisingly nothing bad happened at brampton

I definitely looked forward to last week's in-store raffles. It felt like pre-pandemic times and personally I prefer it compared to the past 2.5 years when everything was online (bots) and random shock drops (folks with no jobs).

With that being said just like pre-pandemic 2016-2019 I knew going early was the only chance of getting entries in at various stores. My general rule is do everything before 1-2pm the latest. After that it turns into a super **** show. And I'm shocked a lot of locations didn't cut off sign-ups earlier then usual....that seemed to be the trend back in 2018, 2019.

But yeah if you work a 9-5, unless you have the flexibility of coming and going it's tough to participate in the action unless you take the day off. Glad you came away with a pair after all the running around.
Thanks!

Yeah I didn't sign up for too many raffles even pre-pandemic and the times I have (Black Cement 3s, Bred 1s), I don't ever recall a line at all. Either those weren't hyped or long enough ago (5+ years) where it still wasn't crazy. I feel like the older heads say this all the time, but it gets worse and worse with resellers and line ups. Shoes were so much easier to get back then than now.

I don't even try for nike.ca/FTL app/online because it's all resellers and bots.

I went early so minimal lines at most stores. I waited like 30 mins at DTM footlocker around the same time you were there actually. My friend was in the capsule line at the same time I was in the other line and he told me they ran out while I was in the footlocker line. Ended up winning from that footlocker.
Ah congrats on the win! They do look really nice in person.

Weird because after they cut the line at Capsule, I walked over to the FTL line and asked and the people at the front said they've waited an hour already. If it was 30 minutes, maybe I would've waited, but it was also outdoors. I feel like things are meant to be. If I had signed up at Capsule and FTL DTM, I probably wouldn't have gone to Yorkdale where I won the raffle.

Seems like stock was higher than usual, especially for 1s. For those who didn't hit, resale prices aren't too high.

Livestock doing the AMM4 raffle today, and most heads I’ve spoken to only want these to trade for L&Fs.

2022, I feel it's rare that people do trades anymore. It's not as regular. Congrats to anyone who is able to pull that off. Those 4s aren't that great, though I understand 4s are the new "IT" Air Jordan as far as reselling.

As I picked up my raffle card, dude working announces that they will give out extra entries to people who buy something from the store. Lol

Livestock started pulling that bull**** in 2019 with a lot of big releases. They wouldn't mention it during their raffle announcements to avoid any issues with Nike, but in-store employees would tell people to buy something for an extra card.

From a business perspective I guess I get it. I know pre-pandemic the employees at Livestock would go through regular harassment and at times verbal abuse from POS, disrespectful resellers.

I heard the fcfs went horrible at the Alberta jds stores. Surprisingly nothing bad happened at brampton

I saw the story. Totally messed up situation. If I was in the line for hours when the bullies showed up I'm calling mall security or local authorities.

Thanks!

Yeah I didn't sign up for too many raffles even pre-pandemic and the times I have (Black Cement 3s, Bred 1s), I don't ever recall a line at all. Either those weren't hyped or long enough ago (5+ years) where it still wasn't crazy.

Yeah if it's over 5 years then I'd agree it wasn't bad but from 2016-2019 it got bad. All the early adidas Yeezy 350s, 750s, NMDs, Nike Off White collection, AJ1s Bred Toes, Black Toes, Travis collection, Concord 11s, could go on and on but those I remember off the top of my head. All long raffle queues, in some cases to 2 days.

Seems like stock was higher than usual, especially for 1s. For those who didn't hit, resale prices aren't too high.

A friend sold his already in the $600s. Guess it depends on size but thats too much for me. :lol:

Locally they'll definitely go for more vs. the USA.

Back
Top Bottom