Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I think it's hard to compare boost and zoom. My biggest issue is that any full length 360 zoom shoes are way too clunky for modern pants. But within zoom there are like 50,000 different setups and silhouettes. 

Overall I do think Ultra Boost is the most comfortable. The boost on the NMDs are pretty weak. Similarly I don't find the boost comfortable on 95% of the Adidas basketball shoes. Crazy Explosives being the best boost for your buck. On the zoom end, they are much better basketball shoes. The new KDs, full length anything comfort wise is better than basketball boost shoes. But lifestyle wise UB>all with 0 hesitation whatsoever. 

yes I def agree there

its weird u also noted NMD boost is crappier vs UB...thought it was only me...maybe due to non-continental treads?

anyway to naysayers of UB...yes its 50% hype but 50% of it is because shoe itself is well engineered esp compared to deez overpriced underwhelming nike retroes

its now 2017 times change...nike isnt king anymore just like how in 1984 converse started to not dominate bball shoe industry

Last edited:
yes I def agree there

its weird u also noted NMD boost is crappier vs UB...thought it was only me...maybe due to non-continental treads?

anyway to naysayers of UB...yes its 50% hype but 50% of it is because shoe itself is well engineered esp compared to deez overpriced underwhelming nike retroes

its now 2017 times change...nike isnt king anymore just like how in 1984 converse started to not dominate bball shoe industry
From what I've noticed, the boost is actually different. Not sure if it's the way they compress the boost or if it's the amount of boost particles in the shoe, but the bounce is nowhere near the same. The addition of the stabilization bricks also reduces the amount it can compress. The quality of the primeknit and the silhouettes are more appealing to the mass market though. Adidas has done a decent job appealing to the hypebeasts with colourways. Hell, a mesh triple black that retailed for 160 were reselling for 350 when it first came out... Don't even get me started on the Bapes...

From what I've noticed, the boost is actually different. Not sure if it's the way they compress the boost or if it's the amount of boost particles in the shoe, but the bounce is nowhere near the same. The addition of the stabilization bricks also reduces the amount it can compress. The quality of the primeknit and the silhouettes are more appealing to the mass market though. Adidas has done a decent job appealing to the hypebeasts with colourways. Hell, a mesh triple black that retailed for 160 were reselling for 350 when it first came out... Don't even get me started on the Bapes...
I believe the tech specs state that they jammed more boost pellets into the UB midsole as opposed to their other boost models.

I believe the tech specs state that they jammed more boost pellets into the UB midsole as opposed to their other boost models.
I honestly don't get why they use whack boost on the NMDs when they can probably charge more than limited ultra boosts for Ultra Boost level comfort on NMDs. 

I honestly don't get why they use whack boost on the NMDs when they can probably charge more than limited ultra boosts for Ultra Boost level comfort on NMDs. 
believe that's what they did with the he r2 if you noticed the boost sole is thicker than the r1

i just returned size 8.5 and size 9 ultraboost 3.0 burgandy (the ones that look like raw meat) to sportchek fairview if anyone is interested in grabbing them for retail.

or print 10% newsletter coupon and grab em for cheaper.

UB is a performance shoe where as NMD is a lifestyle shoe
Shouldn't a lifestyle shoe be comfortable though? If the NMD PKs were as comfortable as the Ultra Boosts, I'd likely buy way more NMDs than Ultra Boosts. And wear them more often. 

Got my pair of the 2017 OG NMDs in, I do not have the 2015 OGs to compare unfortunately but only the Tricos. Length was the same, but these 2016 OG fit a little but more snug than the Tricos of the same size, and what I meant by that is the knit wraps around the feet a tiny bit more tightly than the tricos. Just something that I've found fit differently. Also the 3 stripes on the side seems more fat/wide than photos I've seen for the 2015 OGs, but maybe that's just me on this one. 

Last edited:

UB is a performance shoe where as NMD is a lifestyle shoe

Shouldn't a lifestyle shoe be comfortable though? If the NMD PKs were as comfortable as the Ultra Boosts, I'd likely buy way more NMDs than Ultra Boosts. And wear them more often. 
lifestyle shoes are usually form over function.  AF1's are lifestyle shoes and they aren't comfy.  Retro runners are lifestyle shoes but they aren't comfy.

As per Livestock's twitter, it seems like they have opened the raffle in store for the OG NMDs as well, ends on Friday 5pm.

As much as the UB is comfortable, I still think the PureBoost 1.0 and 2.0 kicks were the most bouncy and comfy boost models Adidas has put out.

Just curious how do the boost stuff compare to nikes lunarfoam like in the lunarepics and lunaracers? 

do the foam hold up well? i run the crap out of my flyknits and lunaracers and they have held up pretty good. I even toss them in the washer when they get dirty and they come out looking new.

As much as the UB is comfortable, I still think the PureBoost 1.0 and 2.0 kicks were the most bouncy and comfy boost models Adidas has put out.

I have to agree on this one. I'm really looking forward to the pureboost coming out this year. Liked the style of Pureboost 1.0s but the back digs deep into the ankle, they fixed this in the 2.0s but the style can't compare to the 1.0. Seeing the 3.0 pictures supposedly coming out this year doesn't seem that bad so far. Style is better than the 1.0 in my opinion but hopefully comfort is still there.

Last edited:
Wonder if Canada is going to be part of the Feb.1st drop for the new PureBoost. That burgundy colourway is looking real nice.

Last edited:

Just curious how do the boost stuff compare to nikes lunarfoam like in the lunarepics and lunaracers? 

do the foam hold up well? i run the crap out of my flyknits and lunaracers and they have held up pretty good. I even toss them in the washer when they get dirty and they come out looking new.
Boost>>>lunar anything.  As a matter of fact, boost pretty much >>>> any cushioning ever invented for shoes - even Airmax because air pockets busted, got hard in cold temperature (no H), too clunky making your feet too high off ground, etc....Boost holds up extremely well under different temperatures, something that I notice lunar cannot replicate.  Cleaning wise lunar>boost.  The boost is too soft and gets scuffed up easily whereas harder lunar is more resistant to wear.

Back
Top Bottom