Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Ah good ol memories. I still have a poster of VC, MoPete and Antonio Davis that I ordered from those Scholastic where they give you in school lol.

The BB4 were my first ever ball shoes. Had to beg my dad to get them for me for Christmas.

All the feels/memories lol. I genuinely feel bad for those too young to remember those VC vs AI battles in the playoffs. Also the crazy series' we always had against the Knicks. Latrell Sprewell and Allan Houston eating our food lol.

TMac wasn't at that level yet but lots of guys my age (I'm 24) don't know how good he was before his injuries. Dude had the complete package.

Speaking of VC whatever happened to AND1? I still remember Athlete's World at STC would have AND1 Mixtapes on VHS on sale at the cash counter lol!

Last edited:
anyone remember the VC Charity All-Star Games? still have a few of those 2XL giveaway shirts lol

One of my favourite pair from my collection, really uncomfortable tho

I swear if they retro the BB4 or the any of the VC Shox series, I'll do my first camp out for those.
They retroed the BB4's a couple of times but they never brought back any of the OG colorways. The best colorway they retroed so far is the olympic BB4's when he dunked on Fredric Weis. Those came out in 2012, with a few slight differences from the OG's. Mainly they removed the ankle paw on the inner side of the shoe (prolly to cut cost..it is Nike)

If anyone remembers playing in the BB4's its the WORST pain during break in. They hurt like hell during the first 5 wears. But after that, they are simply one of the best basketball shoes to play in. 

That Shox line died like VC's career. 

Went to Burloak:

20% off clearance clothes
20% off wall

Not much of note - I think someone was asking about lunarepics(?)

FSR

That was me. Thanks. Was hoping a few of the black pairs were still floating around but it doesn't look like it..

They retroed the BB4's a couple of times but they never brought back any of the OG colorways. The best colorway they retroed so far is the olympic BB4's when he dunked on Fredric Weis. Those came out in 2012, with a few slight differences from the OG's. Mainly they removed the ankle paw on the inner side of the shoe (prolly to cut cost..it is Nike)

If anyone remembers playing in the BB4's its the WORST pain during break in. They hurt like hell during the first 5 wears. But after that, they are simply one of the best basketball shoes to play in. 

That Shox line died like VC's career. 

I remember this pain...haha.

I bought my pair(Black/Grey/Red) at FTL Woodbine, went straight to the gym and hooped. I remember my arch burning and my feet cramping. I went back to the FTL the next day for a refund, $260 tax in. I was lucky the cashier didn't look inside the box because they were badly creased. He was more focused on trying to convince me to return them to another FTL.

A couple months later I was able to get the white/red CW in the states, this time I bought them a half size bigger. I used them to ball in until my gym locker got broken in too.

My fav shox

Some trinkets I found from around VC/shox era.

Yes the infamous BB4 break in period. Once past that they were simply amazing. Incredible lockdown feel for a shoe that only relied on laces and no zipper or ratchet gimmick. And that monkey paw saved me many times.

Then came the VC1 which I initially thought was a rehash on the Zoom Air GP1 (aka Gloves) theme. I was wrong, maybe in appearance only. VC1 was on another level. Did not think Nike put out anything comparable in terms of ball shoes until recent Kobes.

And lets not forget the ad campaigns: gary payton wig+trash talk "boing", dr funk & roswell rayguns. Man those where the days.

Back
Top Bottom