Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Have you been to the office already? Is it like a passport/MTO/other government office where you take a number and sit and wait? 

Edit - Oh wow, I just looked at the site again. It's actually inside Terminal 1 
mean.gif

The address I got was 2720 Brittannia Road East its a specific office that can do this

I'm in the process right now of self clearing my bred V2s from YS.  Its quite the process to save $68 but if you have time its worth it. Total duties and fees were $162 , 68 is the UPS brokerage fee which is what you would be saving.

Things to note:
-The main CBSA office is near the airport
-you need to call into UPS to tell them you are doing this, they will email you the necessary forms for you to fill out.
-if the package arrives you have to let them know to put it on hold and that you will be self clearing (they call it self accounting)
-once its all done you will need to send all the forms back to UPS (through email) and they will ship out your package within 2 bus days.

This is where you factor in how much your hourly worth is in terms of $$$. If you really need to save that $68 or that you actually make more working rather than taking time off to self-clear.

BTW, decided to WFH today to receive the UPS and I've been waiting the whole time and when I went down, a new delivery notice has already been posted. Didn't even hear the door bell :smh:

Had to call customer service and requested for a re-delivery today.

Last edited:
Spoke with UPS yesterday and was told the self clearance would need to be done at the Windsor office because the package is arriving by Ground.

Only package delivered by Air would go thru airport location. 

damn all this duties talk scared for my order hasnt even shipped yet from YS, but fck man lol

Spoke with UPS yesterday and was told the self clearance would need to be done at the Windsor office because the package is arriving by Ground.

Hmm...I think someone here already self-cleared YS shipments and they didn't go to Windsor. Can someone chime in?

If not, then that sucks. Gas alone will already be your brokerage fee...not even adding personal time :smh:

careful with the CBSA locations. Use the link below.

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/do-rb/services/lvs-efv-eng.html

you'll need to find ones that are part of the  low value shipments program.

Not entirely true. I get all my self clearing done at 401 & Dixie here: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/do-rb/offices-bureaux/809-eng.html

Can you not have them re-direct your package to another pickup location closer to you in the meantime?

A woman at DHL kept insisting to no enddddd that I had to go to Hamilton Airport to pick mine up, and I had them re-direct it online to a depot in Brampton. They're shady as hell. They like to make the whole process seem like a pain to go through for their benefit, but it's actually not.

Last edited:
Did nike outlets change their policy?  The representative told me they don't do phone orders any more.

Anyone know if the outlets stock metcon2's? If so, what’s the best price you've seen?

Did nike outlets change their policy?  The representative told me they don't do phone orders any more.

Yeah they don't do phone orders anymore. Not aware of any locations that still do but u can always call the specific locations.

Anyone want a size 9 blue adidas Iniki for retail? I can't return because I don't want store credit.

Just got notified by UPS I have to pay around $160 for my yeezy zebras from YS. When I asked the rep how the fees are broken down, she said there are about $50 of taxes out of the $160 that was charged on the product. Since I already paid 18% taxes when purchasing through YS, anyone know what I should do so i won't repaying the taxes portion twice?

Just got notified by UPS I have to pay around $160 for my yeezy zebras from YS. When I asked the rep how the fees are broken down, she said there are about $50 of taxes out of the $160 that was charged on the product. Since I already paid 18% taxes when purchasing through YS, anyone know what I should do so i won't repaying the taxes portion twice?

Did they give you the declared value?

Did they give you an answer on how to proceed?

For USPS/CanadaPost, if you want to contest the duties/taxes, all you have to do is send the gray form (part of of the yellow form) add a letter explaining the mistake (double tax or incorrect value) and include any corresponding documents (receipts etc.)

If it's approved, you will receive a check for the "refund"

So I'm not sure with UPS or any 3rd party couriers. Hopefully you can inform them before it goes to Customs

Last edited:

Did they send you an email saying you have to pay $160 for duties/taxes? I'm looking at my tracking information right now and it says
[table][tr][td]The receiver must pay the duties or taxes due on the package.[/td][/tr][/table]
Btw guys, YS shipped my pair yesterday and it says that it's at my local UPS(Vaughan) right now. It says that they estimate my delivery will come next thursday. Can I expect it to come earlier, like monday?

Also, I pay for the duties/taxes at the door right? And what form of payment do they take?

Last edited:
Did they send you an email saying you have to pay $160 for duties/taxes? I'm looking at my tracking information right now and it says
[table][tr][td]The receiver must pay the duties or taxes due on the package.[/td]

[/tr][/table]

Btw guys, YS shipped my pair yesterday and it says that it's at my local UPS(Vaughan) right now. It says that they estimate my delivery will come next thursday. Can I expect it to come earlier, like monday?

Also, I pay for the duties/taxes at the door right? And what form of payment do they take?

They take check/card

Did they give you the declared value?

Did they give you an answer on how to proceed?

For USPS/CanadaPost, if you want to contest the duties/taxes, all you have to do is send the gray form (part of of the yellow form) add a letter explaining the mistake (double tax or incorrect value) and include any corresponding documents (receipts etc.)

If it's approved, you will receive a check for the "refund"

So I'm not sure with UPS or any 3rd party couriers. Hopefully you can inform them before it goes to Customs
I asked for the commercial invoice and declared value is $200USD. Now to debate whether it's worth my time to do self clearance on it or just stomach the duties....

I just called UPS and asked. Even though the tracking info says the package is in Concord, ON. The rep said it's still in the US. So i'm not sure what's going on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom