Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I think being able to double up on those Royals will ease some saltiness of missing the OG reds and Atmos
I'm sure you'd be able to man. Just run enough devices to increase your chances a bit. I think more of us will double up than we're expecting right now. 

Always knew you guys had several people running the account, i guess when my questions were answered, it's not always from the same person?

Thanks for the insight @CaiZor

But if your account is deemed as a business thru commissions from Nike and Adidas, shouldn't opinions on products be non-biased.

Personal opinions shouldn't be shared.

Like you said, the "face" voiced that he likes Racers over UBs and if your purpose is to inform people then if I was Adidas I would be pissed and stop giving you business since his opinion may factor in the loss of sales of UB products.

Basic business ethics

Just something to think about...

Anyway, welcome to NT

Last edited:
His collection is as old as the KDCa account.

Just wait a year or two and this guy will think he's an OG and knows all about sneaker history.

I know it helps a lot of people but sometimes it's over the top on how he hypes a release.

I know it's the age of social media but this outlet has made it harder to cop by creating unnecessary hype. People copping because its been tweeted and asked X times.

When it was the era of the internet at least you still have to do your homework what's dropping. It's not self served like today.

Like the post above...he is contributing to the problem to which the account was made -- besides deals -- informing people about drops and give them the opp to cop....but by increasing knowledge, you also increases competition. So it's a lose-lose situation
Facts... he definitely created excess hype on the Atoms release

or maybe I'm just salty I stuck out 
laugh.gif

Longtime lurker on NT but never felt the need to create an account until now. I help run @KicksDealsCA and am from Toronto, I hopped on the team in May 2016. I am usually the one who schedules the content but the replies and answer questions are usually done by the "face" of the account and he is located in Vancouver. I just want to clear up any misconceptions and super down to answer any questions. 

Firstly, I think it's pretty obvious but for those who don't know, we get a kickback % of sales from both Nike and Adidas. But the reason why you see our timeline mostly with Nike stuff is because there is simply nothing to promote on Adidas. Go to adidas.ca right now and you'll find that shoes that people are even remotely interested in can be counted on one hand. In terms of offerings, there's just so much more product that people actually want on Nike.ca as opposed to Adidas. When 50 pairs of Ultra Boosts drop online for the entire country, it's hard to go all out with hyping them up as they're gone in 2 minutes as opposed to recent Flyknit Racer drops where Nike gives Canada 300+ inventory. We want our followers to cop what they like so we ALWAYS give support and provide links (when we can) to any releases that interested in, regardless of brand. With that being said, it's a lot easier to tell people to buy one out of 300+ apples as opposed to one out of 50 oranges.

Secondly, it's ironic that I see this during the month of March because Adidas has completely conceded this month to Nike. Air Max Month is taking over the sneaker community right now and Adidas knows it, you know why? Because they pulled their affiliate program for the entire month of March, they know they won't sell anything because of the Air Max hype. So KDC and anyone else that helps Adidas sell isn't earning anything this month, hence the complete Nike bias the entire month. You can't seriously expect us to hype up the newest Dame 3 or the 50 pairs of Iniki Runner when there are great AM release every weekend. 

Lastly, Nike is our bias. The personality of KDC is not me, but he runs an account and he shows that he is a real person behind the account. You won't believe how many questions we get asked HOURLY such as: between x & y which is better? which is more comfortable? which is an easier cop? and of course, which has higher resell? Obviously, to answer these questions, he gives us opinion. His opinion is not fact, it is his personal bias. He loves Flyknit Racers over the Ultra Boost, on the contrary, I personally love the UB over the Racer. It's as simple as that, It's not only better for the business but also just a personal opinion.

That was a very insightful post behind the business aspect of promoting kicks on twitter. Besides the actual sneakers itself I've always been very fascinated behind the entire business strategy aspect of selling kicks.

And not to be cynical of your post, because it's not meant to be that way, even comming on NT to post is telling of your business strategy. Ha ha

Appreciate the post!

Longtime lurker on NT but never felt the need to create an account until now. I help run @KicksDealsCA and am from Toronto, I hopped on the team in May 2016. I am usually the one who schedules the content but the replies and answer questions are usually done by the "face" of the account and he is located in Vancouver. I just want to clear up any misconceptions and super down to answer any questions. 

Firstly, I think it's pretty obvious but for those who don't know, we get a kickback % of sales from both Nike and Adidas. But the reason why you see our timeline mostly with Nike stuff is because there is simply nothing to promote on Adidas. Go to adidas.ca right now and you'll find that shoes that people are even remotely interested in can be counted on one hand. In terms of offerings, there's just so much more product that people actually want on Nike.ca as opposed to Adidas. When 50 pairs of Ultra Boosts drop online for the entire country, it's hard to go all out with hyping them up as they're gone in 2 minutes as opposed to recent Flyknit Racer drops where Nike gives Canada 300+ inventory. We want our followers to cop what they like so we ALWAYS give support and provide links (when we can) to any releases that interested in, regardless of brand. With that being said, it's a lot easier to tell people to buy one out of 300+ apples as opposed to one out of 50 oranges.

Secondly, it's ironic that I see this during the month of March because Adidas has completely conceded this month to Nike. Air Max Month is taking over the sneaker community right now and Adidas knows it, you know why? Because they pulled their affiliate program for the entire month of March, they know they won't sell anything because of the Air Max hype. So KDC and anyone else that helps Adidas sell isn't earning anything this month, hence the complete Nike bias the entire month. You can't seriously expect us to hype up the newest Dame 3 or the 50 pairs of Iniki Runner when there are great AM release every weekend. 

Lastly, Nike is our bias. The personality of KDC is not me, but he runs an account and he shows that he is a real person behind the account. You won't believe how many questions we get asked HOURLY such as: between x & y which is better? which is more comfortable? which is an easier cop? and of course, which has higher resell? Obviously, to answer these questions, he gives us opinion. His opinion is not fact, it is his personal bias. He loves Flyknit Racers over the Ultra Boost, on the contrary, I personally love the UB over the Racer. It's as simple as that, It's not only better for the business but also just a personal opinion.

I could not really care less about the bias because I don't mess with Adidas. However, being told what are "classics", or having to see constant retweets of dudes saying "Hey bruh!! I'm gonna go broke because of you making me cop all these kicks!!", along with the aforementioned "I GOT THE W!!!" retweets is kind of annoying.

Just check the OG Kicksdeals twitter account. Even the European one. Even J23. All just straight info. Next buainess meeting you have with your boy, tell him to start his own twitter account if he wants to give his 2 cents or pat himself on the back. Many of us followed the account thinking it would be exactly like Kicksdeals. Didn't follow the account thinking I'd be subjected to a bunch of newbs discuss what's hot. If I wanted to read lame opinions, I'd roll to the Sneakers subreddit.

I have a feeling that the 20% that you do is straight up deals and release dates. Keep up the good work.

Really hoping the Silver Bullet 97s release up here soon.  One of the classic must have Air Max.  

Ugh, I've been patiently waiting for this. I was hoping they might do a surprise release of them on air max day for NA or maybe before the month ends but it's just wishful thinking at this point I guess

Ugh, I've been patiently waiting for this. I was hoping they might do a surprise release of them on air max day for NA or maybe before the month ends but it's just wishful thinking at this point I guess
I was reading through the Air Max 97 thread, and it looks like they have a release date of April 15th.  Mens and Womens sizing.

BTW, I ordered 2x tech knit white T's and a Black Tech Knit Windrunner and tech fleece pants with that 40% off which i think im returning unless someone wants em for what i paid. 

T's - Med and Large = http://store.nike.com/ca/en_gb/pd/sportswear-tech-knit-top/pid-10839258/pgid-11108658

Windrunner - Med  = http://store.nike.com/ca/en_gb/pd/tech-knit-windrunner-jacket/pid-10838195/pgid-11107293

Tech Fleece pants - XL = http://store.nike.com/ca/en_gb/pd/tech-fleece-jogger-trousers/pid-11211177/pgid-11649608
Few people messaged me about pricing about the items. 

TK T-shirt (Retail) $152+ tax = $171.76 ==========> (40% off) $91.20 + tax = $103.06

TK Windrunner  (Retail) $305 + tax = $344.56 =====> (40% off) $183 + tax = $206.79

TF Pants (Retail) $130 + tax = $146.90 ==========> (40% off) $78 + tax = $88.14 

Thanks

I could not really care less about the bias because I don't mess with Adidas. However, being told what are "classics", or having to see constant retweets of dudes saying "Hey bruh!! I'm gonna go broke because of you making me cop all these kicks!!", along with the aforementioned "I GOT THE W!!!" retweets is kind of annoying.

Just check the OG Kicksdeals twitter account. Even the European one. Even J23. All just straight info. Next buainess meeting you have with your boy, tell him to start his own twitter account if he wants to give his 2 cents or pat himself on the back. Many of us followed the account thinking it would be exactly like Kicksdeals. Didn't follow the account thinking I'd be subjected to a bunch of newbs discuss what's hot. If I wanted to read lame opinions, I'd roll to the Sneakers subreddit.

I have a feeling that the 20% that you do is straight up deals and release dates. Keep up the good work.
It's funny that with every release they've got people asking "what's resell?, are these limited?, are they sick? etc", like they'll buy just about anything if you tell them yes resell will be good or these are amazing they're the next <insert hype shoe here>. Gotta give KDCa props for their patience and actually answering all these stupid questions.

One of the reasons, I stick with NT for actual sneaker discussion is because I can tell the majority of the people that post on NT are actual sneakerheads and I value the feedback/opinion given on this forum.

need atmos am1 size 11 if anyone is selling. For personal, not any resell purposes. PM if you are selling. Thanks.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I don't see why opinions shouldn't be allowed. If you walk into a Footlocker and ask an associate which is the best hoop shoe they have, that representative is allowed to say he loves the Crazy Explosive over the Jordan 31 and vice versa right? He/she gives you the pros/cons of both shoe and would try to convince you to purchase either at the end of the day. And it's not like we don't say anything about Adidas, we've provided links and release info for every UB drop that range from retailers that give us commission as well as our local boutiques that do not. 

Unfortunately we are talking about social media accounts. I've yet to see FL, Champs, FA or any other stores' Twitter accounts mention preference of a company's product over another.

Also unlike in store, you'll get the opinion of Joe Smith rather than Footlocker as a whole.

So like one post above, maybe the "face" of KDCa needs to have his "personal" account so he can voice his opinion there. Let the KDCa account be unbiased.

Just compare KDC and KDCa and you'll see the difference how the accounts are managed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom