Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Is it me or are a lot of buyers on Kijiji uneducated on what they're "trying" to buy? I'm currently selling a pair of shorts and the first thing this lame tells me is that they're FAKE.

Sorry, just have to see if you guys are dealing with these type of fools in this city.

thats just pure ignorance. theres a difference between asking about authenticity and telling seller straight up if its fake without anything to prove it is

and if anyone has doubts at least ask for pics first then talk

Is it me or are a lot of buyers on Kijiji uneducated on what they're "trying" to buy? I'm currently selling a pair of shorts and the first thing this lame tells me is that they're FAKE.

Sorry, just have to see if you guys are dealing with these type of fools in this city.

Had this happen once, called my shoes fake, then asked if he can take pics with a pair he had. I refused, and he threatened to report my ad :lol:

Received an update from Nike- the SNKRS app for Canada was supposed to come this Summer but has been indefinitely postponed due to higher priority issues. Count ourselves lucky that the Flyknit Trainer release went so smooth.

Popped in the 306 Yonge store as I was in the area:smh: what a ghost town of sitting GRs. We all kinda predicted this would happen, but just extra sad to see in person. Literally a waste of space.

How about re-upping on new Toronto-themed tees to keep things fresh (esp. during summer)? Nope.
#fail

Surprised that Nike recalled all the $400 Pinnacles that were just sitting there.

The Ginger and Obsidian 4's, The Pinnacle 6's, Take Flight 5's at least give that store some exclusivity instead of having the exact GR stock as every other place. Even if they are sitting on the shelf they up the level of the store. And eventually you will get enough rich tourists passing through that those will sell. Right now the Jordan store has nothing special that you can't get in your local Footlocker really.

Surprised that Nike recalled all the $400 Pinnacles that were just sitting there.

The Ginger and Obsidian 4's, The Pinnacle 6's, Take Flight 5's at least give that store some exclusivity instead of having the exact GR stock as every other place. Even if they are sitting on the shelf they up the level of the store. And eventually you will get enough rich tourists passing through that those will sell. Right now the Jordan store has nothing special that you can't get in your local Footlocker really.

This. It's in such a prominent tourist spot that if you at least put stuff that isn't readily available at other stores, it'll drive up traffic to this particular location.

Received an update from Nike- the SNKRS app for Canada was supposed to come this Summer but has been indefinitely postponed due to higher priority issues. Count ourselves lucky that the Flyknit Trainer release went so smooth.

Higher priority issues like the countless 'events' they throw for IG influencers? To me it just seems like they have the wrong priorities. Instead of pushing out quality products, they try and create huge marketing pushes for pairs with no thought or effort put behind them.

Alright, never ever ever ordering from Stockx again. It's not their fault but for a shoe valued at $200 USD (which apparently is $314 CAD not $250 like the current FX), I was charged $114 CAD in duties. The government of Canada is the worst. The box was opened up by the agent. I am so freaking pissed right now.

I didn't try online but the release was smooth? I heard different from a handful of other people, but maybe that's because they weren't successful.

Higher priority issues like the countless 'events' they throw for IG influencers? To me it just seems like they have the wrong priorities.

:lol: 2017.

As for 306 Yonge...I gave my thoughts before the opening and exactly what I predicted would happen is going on right now it sounds like. :lol:

One kijiji "buyer" told me the Jays I was selling were beaters and gave me a low ball offer but only if I would come to him. I don't waste my time with people like that, so I ignored him. I then received another 10 texts from him in the next week inquiring about them. Funny how badly he seemed to want a pair of "beaters".

Alright, never ever ever ordering from Stockx again. It's not their fault but for a shoe valued at $200 USD (which apparently is $314 CAD not $250 like the current FX), I was charged $114 CAD in duties. The government of Canada is the worst. The box was opened up by the agent. I am so freaking pissed right now.

Thankfully with the NAFTA renegotiations we might see our duty free limit raised which will help a lot.

uh ohh, ordered 2-3 pairs of ubs, how long did it take you to get em ? mine have been cleared of customs since july 27

uh ohh, ordered 2-3 pairs of ubs, how long did it take you to get em ? mine have been cleared of customs since july 27

I think I just got a turd of a customs agent. I ordered a pair of shoes from Social Status that was $180 US and only got charged $40 in duties. That box wasn't opened or anything and the order was only charged duties, not taxes so it was 18%. This order was $50 something in duties and $40 something in taxes. I sent an email to the CBSA complaint department. I think the biggest injustice was the fact that it was marked at $200 US but they put the value at $314 Canadian... I don't know what currency they decided to exchange but awful...

Anyway, if they don't do anything, I can't really do much. This is as far as I'm going to go. Lesson learned, no more global purchases unless the duty limit has been increased.

I didn't try online but the release was smooth? I heard different from a handful of other people, but maybe that's because they weren't successful.

Was pretty smooth on my end actually, was able to cop and a lot of people I know did too. Strangely enough, we are usually never successful in getting through Nike queues but that release was magic to us.

Can't wait to hear about that line this Saturday for the new OVO store.

I think I just got a turd of a customs agent. I ordered a pair of shoes from Social Status that was $180 US and only got charged $40 in duties. That box wasn't opened or anything and the order was only charged duties, not taxes so it was 18%. This order was $50 something in duties and $40 something in taxes. I sent an email to the CBSA complaint department. I think the biggest injustice was the fact that it was marked at $200 US but they put the value at $314 Canadian... I don't know what currency they decided to exchange but awful...

Anyway, if they don't do anything, I can't really do much. This is as far as I'm going to go. Lesson learned, no more global purchases unless the duty limit has been increased.
Just curious but what shoe was it?

Just curious but what shoe was it?

Run Thru Time Ultra Boost...

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 2.04.32 AM.png

I actually believe you may have gotten lucky on the SS purchase. I believe they are always supposed to charge HST on top of the duties. That being said, the Stock X situation definitely sucks. Maybe they opened it up and checked the Stock X packing slip/receipt?

I thought USPS took over StockX shipping to CA? Also I heard they label the actual retail cost of the shoes as opposed to the actual value that was paid on the package. Too many inconsistent stories with StockX, I don't think I'd risk purchasing from them if I'm shipping to CA.

Would you trade a pair of deadstock white yeezys for vnds am1 "the six"?

No. How much do those go for? Like 300? You can probably get 400-500 for your creams.

But if you insist, I'll be more than happy to scoop up a pear of deadstock AM1s to trade you :smile:

Edit - I may have underestimated the value of the AM1's. If both deadstock, I would say it's kind of fair (I think the AM1 should still add a little cash, maybe like $50).

I actually believe you may have gotten lucky on the SS purchase. I believe they are always supposed to charge HST on top of the duties. That being said, the Stock X situation definitely sucks. Maybe they opened it up and checked the Stock X packing slip/receipt?

I got a similar charge ($45) when a friend sent me shoes from LA marked at $200 US. They definitely opened it up, so they marked it at the resell amount instead of what was marked on the front at $200. Now that I think about it, with the coupon I used and minus shipping, the shoe cost about $250 USD, which is $314 Canadian, haha. So they marked it at the resell price instead of retail. Which is incorrect, since the real value of the goods is meant to be $200 and resell shouldn't play a role in duties. It was a good kick in the butt for me to avoid Stockx though. And in the end, $114 isn't going to make a huge difference in my life. I also want to get rid of some shoes. Mainly my NMD PK Olive Camo... That's been sitting in my closet for over a year now without touching pavement. I've grown out of NMDs... I have an ad up looking to sell or trade for Ultra Boost 1.0s, haha.

Would you trade a pair of deadstock white yeezys for vnds am1 "the six"?

Chiming in also - since the am1 is vnds, it would be fair for the person trading the am1 to add like 50-100. But like crono06 said - if both are DS it would be somewhat fair.

Back
Top Bottom